FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is Sheriff Pickell Covering up a Drunk Deputy's shooting?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1154143

This video is about Sheriff Robert J. Pickell and Undersheriff Chris Swanson covering up shooting and drug deal gone bad by a drunken off-duty deputy of the Genesee County Sheriff Department. It's be 26 days and there have been no arrests or charges against the Deputy, only 30 days of "Vacation."

The victim Garry Butts of Northern Oakland county stated, "This could have ended in a death I stood 10 feet behind my car wondering why there was yelling at 4am in the road in front of my moms house as shots were fired toward me and there has been no contact between me and the sheriff to answer why this happened my car is wrecked and now I sit wondering."

The Sheriff and Undersheriff are involved in a number of lawsuits and similar situtions with employees. While asking questions of the Undersheriff the general answer is, "you'll have to FOIA the documents or it's under investigation," the problem is that Genesee County does not always honor Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA), leaving many news groups and individuals in limbo and forcing others to file law suits to produce public records.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am told this case is in the Prosecutor's office. The ball is in Leyton's court!
Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:13 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you have some bad information?

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Drunk Off-Duty Deputy shoots up car and trailer park and still has his job.

Deputy shoots up vehicle and trailer park while off-duty, alcohol and drugs involved in Fenton Township shooting.

According to Undersheriff Chris Swanson, "You (Nick Singelis) are putting out false information, it's still under investigation and you can not get a report(police report). (My video camera was still rolling) I was looking for information regarding a shooting on East View Drive, if Lake Ponemah Trailer Park in Fenton Twp., MI. (6/23/14) The shooting was done by an off-duty deputy, Matt Sandlin, who was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. No arrests were made and the report is internal. Genesee County Sheriff's Department is doing the investigation.

According to Chris Swanson, it won't go to the Prosecutor David Leyton.

Multiple Freedom of Information Requests have been filed and a compliant was filed with the Flint FBI Office on July 2, 2014.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This is Nick's version. He posted you were at his home.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I checked again and the case is in the Prosecutor's office.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mike Killbreath on WFNT 1470 AM bashed Singelis and Flint Talk for failing to find out that case is at the Prosecutor's office. Pickell has fired over 60 deputies and that probably has created some discord amongst their friends in the department.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Still no response on this case. There is no record in the 67th District Court that any case has been filed.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Steve was obviously right and I was wrong.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:04 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: