FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Telliga runs for county commission

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Grand Blanc Councilman Matt Telliga making run for Genesee County commissioner

Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com By Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com
on April 01, 2014 at 4:00 PM, updated April 01, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Courtesy photo

GRAND BLANC, MI -- City Councilman Matt Telliga has filed for a seat on the Genesee County Board of Commissioners, the first Republican to announce a campaign for the District 5 position that represents all of Atlas and most of Grand Blanc townships.

"You have to be involved in the community in order to know what citizen's concerns are," Telliga said in a news release. "Time and time again, I hear what our citizens want: proper stewardship and transparency over public finances during difficult times and finding ways to make our community a better place to work, live and raise a family."

In addition to serving as a city councilman, Telliga is a commissioner for the Grand Blanc Area Fire Department and is Grand Blanc's representative on the Genesee County Metro Alliance.

He is a member of Rotary, the Grand Blanc Chamber of Commerce, American Legion and Flint Institute of Music Board of Trustees

The District 5 seat on the county commission is currently held by Mark Young, D-Grand Blanc Twp., who has filed for re-election.
Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

"Time and time again, I hear what our citizens want: proper stewardship and transparency over public finances during difficult times and finding ways to make our community a better place to work, live and raise a family"

That stance alone should be a threat to Young who sat in both sides of the negotiation to give Phil Shaltz a $100,000 no-bid contract for six months work.
Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:47 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

GRAND BLANC — Over the weekend, Grand Blanc City Councilman and longtime local businessman, Matt Telliga, announced his bid for the 5th District of the Genesee County Commission.

“I have been deeply humbled and gratified by the breadth and depth of support in those who have encouraged me to run for this position. After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to step forward to represent our community on the County Commission,” Telliga said.

Not only has Telliga led the Grand Blanc as a City Councilman helping Grand Blanc be named one of Michigan’s ‘Top Cities,’ Telliga also serves as a Commissioner for the Grand Blanc Area Fire Department and Grand Blanc’s Representative on the Genesee County Metro Alliance.

Telliga said, “You have to be involved in the community in order to know what citizen’s concerns are. Time and again, I hear what our citizens want: proper stewardship and transparency over public finances during difficult times and finding ways to make our community a better place to work, live and raise a family.”

Telliga is an avid outdoorsman and fisherman.

He enjoys reading and spending time with his family. His son Michael is a graduate of Goodrich High School and the University of Arizona. Telliga is also a pet lover and believes animal control should be more ‘pet friendly,’ creatively preserving the lives of all pets.

Telliga is running as a Republican in the 5th district which represents Atlas Township, Goodrich, Grand Blanc City and Grand Blanc Township in Genesee County. Telliga will hold a formal announcement soon and unveil his new website, www.VoteTelliga.com. — P.S.

Grand Blanc View,
Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: