FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: the Eric Mays Saga contiues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I received a call to watch the city council meeting on TV 17. I missed 12 minutes, but Mays put on a show.

Earley had a right to be upset. Earley clearly had the floor for a special order, something that happens in council on a regular bass. Mays was playing to his audience and was trying to prove he was smarter than anyone else there. City Attorney Peter Bade was clearly amused as mays tried to argue technicalities over the Emergency Manager Act. He reminded Bade that he had sued him, but he forgot to include how many times he lost in court to Bade.

Mays used his rants in an effort to aggrandize himself. His claims to a degree from MSU mean little when he is competing against officials with advanced degrees and experience. Also his claims of what he was going to ask if he had been allowed to made him look petty and opportunistic.

Mays does not seem to be able to deal with success. Research the Saginaw News archives. In May of 2000 he was on a winning slate in elections for offices in Local 699 in Saginaw. As the Recording Secretary Mays was the highest elected Black officer in the 47 year history of UAW 699 at that time.

Convinced he was being blocked from his true potential, Mays filed a civil right lawsuit 6 months later and named Local 699 President Al Coven, whom he had campaigned with on the same ticket.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

On December 15,2000 the Saginaw news reported Mays was arrested at the Union Hall for refusing to leave. There was a quarrel between Mays and Coven because Mays was questioning a Union Hall Secretary over a grievance she had filed against him. Mays was arrested. Coven stated he did not receive a subpoena for the trial or he would have been there. Coven's absence resulted in the charges being dismissed.

There was a Union Trial reported on April 19,2002 where Mays was found guilty of harassment and suspended from his position as Recording Secretary. He also faced trespassing charges.

Throughout the trial of his stalking case the papers referred to him as the "suspended 699 official". The female victim was also a 699 union member.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pastor Threkheld came to council during one of May's diatribes. The good Pastor would not accept that behavior in his Church, so I hope I don't hear him on the radio next Saturday condone Mays' behavior in Council.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:20 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I received a call to watch the city council meeting on TV 17. I missed 12 minutes, but Mays put on a show.
It's a shame no more than 1 hour of this meeting was shown on Channel 17. There were a number of messages on screen that underwriters are needed for the showing, and to call 259-9789 about it. This airing was of the January 13 meeting reported by the Flint Journal in your post at http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=72629#72629
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Webs,may I be the first to wish you a very Merry ML King Day..?
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Watch for more long and protracted legal battles coming from Eric Mays. Mays was on the Mike Killbreath show this morning and he vowed to attack the testimony of Sheri Estep, the police tech who filed the affidavit on him. He is using his friend and frequent witness, Alonzo Goodman, to challenge her affidavit as fraudulent.

Mays claimed he was on the phone the entire incident. Knowing mays, he was bashing the young lady as he spoke on the phone. He also talks to the air when voicing his displeasure.

When Mays challenges the order put in place by Mays, perhaps the City can have a psychological exam of Mays. The authorities need to review all of the PPO's that have been placed on Mays and his frequent failures to overturn them. Mays always fights any action against him and usually carries it to extremes. He never went to law school and has no law degree. He has filed numerous documents that have been shot down by the courts, such as the Quo Warranto motion he filed imitating Adam Gerics.

Does Mays own property that he has failed to register? Who is the legitimate owner of 2824 Mackin since the past due taxes from 2009 to the present are in the name of a man who died in 1984. Who in the county allowed these past due taxes to be on the books for longer than the average citizen? Foreclosure should have occurred after 3 years and not 5years. Alonzo Goodman was in the title trail of this property and was a former business partner of Mays. He is a frequent witness for Mays.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The City may want to question some attorneys, such as George Killeen and Dean Yeotis and Angela Watkins, who were involved in legal matters involving Mays. What are Mays gambling habits?

When a thorough investigation is done, Mays will have real credibility issues.

Mays indicated on the Killbreath Show that he wants Paul Herring of Spectacle Productions to change his production techniques to better reflect what Mays wants to use for his own interests. He was once paid by Tom Joubran (backed by depositions) for his radio show to bash Joubran's enemies. Will he provide sponsors to help bash Earley and Estep?
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Parcel No: 40-11-133-025

Property Address: 2824 MACKIN RD MAIL TO: BURT, HIEL G
Tax Unit: CITY OF FLINT 2824 MACKIN RD
School District: FLINT SCHOOLS FLINT, MI 48504

Charges

Status

Original Taxes

Penalties

Interest

Statutory Fees

Total

2009 Forfeiture $1,066.78 $42.67 $752.08 $85.27 $1,946.80
2010 Forfeiture $1,193.51 $47.74 $626.59 $325.18 $2,193.02
2011 Forfeiture $1,035.54 $41.42 $357.26 $329.88 $1,764.10
2012 Delinquent $1,602.94 $64.12 $176.32 $15.00 $1,858.38
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:49 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Seems we've been through the chain of title (or lack thereof) on this Mackin Road property before. Check the address *and* parcel number for the property on Register of Deeds website. Goodman, Mays, Joubran, Wiel... not necessarily in that order. Check quit claims, warranty, tax info....
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some council members are tired of Mays claiming to be the only councilman working for the public, including other wards. What happened to the EM order?

Long-winded meeting speeches are like masturbation, Flint city councilman says

Dominic Adams | dadams5@mlive.com By Dominic Adams | dadams5@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on February 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM, updated February 27, 2014 at 5:00 PM

FLINT, MI – A back-and-forth between Flint City Council members Eric Mays and Wantwaz Davis, led another councilman to liken their discussion to "masturbation" during a meeting earlier this month.

The comments took place during the Feb. 17 council meeting and were toward the end of the meeting when each council person is given an opportunity to make remarks.

Following a lengthy exchange between Mays and Davis over senior water bills and how each was representing their constituents, Fourth Ward Councilman Joshua Freeman said it reminded him of something he heard a Flint planning commissioner once say after a long council meeting.

“Speeches are a lot like masturbation – it feels good, but it doesn’t produce anything,” said Fourth Ward Councilman Joshua Freeman, referencing public comments made at a previous meeting where council members made long statements. “So, I would suggest to the public that they look toward action and not 45 minute speeches once a month.”

The comments were taped by Flint resident Paul Herring, who regularly records city council meetings and uploads them to his Spectacle TV YouTube page.

Freeman’s comments, along with Davis’ and Mays’ exchange can be seen in two separate videos.

Freeman’s comments come at the 2:40 mark in the video above.

“I stand by (my comments),” Freeman told The Flint Journal on Thursday, Feb. 27. “When you sit there and listen to somebody go on and on about what they’re going to do, at some point you get tired of them talking and want to see some action.

“Maybe I didn’t use the best analogy. I won’t be sitting there again for 45 minutes if we won’t be doing anything. I’ve got better things to do with my time.”

The dialogue started when Mays, who represents the First Ward, allowed Davis to weigh in during his comments.

Mays had mentioned Davis during Mays’ comments earlier in the meeting.

“At the end of the day, we have to perform and execute some sort of decorum no matter how emotional we get,” Davis said. “You will never see me act like this again, but I had enough…You have to have action. Mouth don’t mean nothing.”

Related: Watch the exchange between Davis and Mays here

A few minutes later, Mays continued his comments with a response to Davis.

“Believe me sir, I ain’t that emotional – I’m just in to what I’m doing,” Mays said. “When you make the allegation that I’m that emotional, you’re wrong and you’re wrong publicly.”

Mays told The Flint Journal on Thursday that he’ll talk in council meetings for as long as he needs to because council is only allowed to meet once per month.

“I thought both conversations from Wantwaz and Josh Freeman was embarrassing to me and to the community,” Mays said. “I don’t think I was being disrespectful to (Davis) or the council, as I was trying to get the council moving.”

Davis, who represents the Fifth Ward, told The Flint Journal he had no comment on Thursday.

City council should have more to do during its monthly meetings, Freeman said.

“Since we’re starting to reengage through the committee meetings, I think we’ll see more actionable items moving forward,” he said. “I think the story is council is being reengaged. The council and the administration are on the same page to move the city forward.”

Flint emergency manager Darnell Earley could not be reached for comment.

Earley has said that council needs to show that it is capable of responsible governance and in December ordered council members to attend a Saturday training class.

Dominic Adams is a reporter for The Flint Journal. Contact him at dadams5@mlive.com or 810-241-8803. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:43 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When I made my statement in this video was just to express a point of view that people can not dominate over the council meetings and speak from 6:30 to 7:50. The audience can not keep feeding the ego of certain people, as if one person is going to take flint into a financial solvency and resolve all of the issues that has crippled this wonderful and resilient city we call flint. Yes I understand people's perspective and perception viewing this video from the outside and not being at the meeting, however, I just felt compelled to educate the audience and tell a certain person that we have to execute some form of decorum and not bash one another in the public. Disagreements should be expressed behind closed doors, but when you are constantly listening to some one vilifying their colleagues, from 6:30 to 7:50 in the public then someone should feel compelled to interject, in which I did.

Wantwaz Davis
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Eric Mays

Let's stay prayed up. I just read a Flint Journal article concerning my attempt to keep economic development as the #1 issue on the City of Flint Agenda and the nasty comments I got from other council members because of the "time" I took and the strategy I used.... I will make sure jobs is a #1 priority... The Department of Economic Development must be staffed and funded. Presently it is not. This will be my focus. Watch the way this political saga plays out. You must staff and fund this Drpartment. I was ashame of the lack of understanding and nasty politics I experienced in the Flint City Council Meeting. I feel good on the other hand because I now realize the type of people I am serving with on the Flint City Council. I will appeal to the citizens to hold our elected officials accountable as it relates to properly staffing and funding the Department of Econmic Development. We must fund businesses and create jobs People are counting on an economic change. Some of our elected officials in my opinion do not get it. I will do my job in the mist of friend and/or foe. Proverbs..... Trust in God with all thine heart ... Lean not to own understanding.... Acknowledge him in all thy ways and he shall direct thy path. Even as a Councilman. Let's stay prayed up.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No reports from the Flint Journal on what this miscellaneous action is. Could it be a no prosecution ? After all the excitement, don't we have a right to know?

03/03/14
1 MISCELLANEOUS ACTION POSS MARI PAG
FILE TO NCP MAIL BOX DATE NEEDED PAG
03/04/14
MISCELLANEOUS ACTION ALL COUNTS PAG
ADJOURNED FOR REVIEW 031714 800A PERRY,NATHANIEL C., P-37492 PAG
INTERNAL REVIEW PAG
FILE TO 3/17/14
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The case was postponed. I should have listened to the whole Mike Killbreath show. If the pundits and Mike are correct, the case may have a glitch.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Webs, go back and look at the full register of actions for these cases. My guess is "review for DQ" means each judge the file has been assigned to may review to determine whether he or she should be disqualified from hearing the case(s). If all the Flint judges disqualify themselves there will be another judge appointed to hear the cases. There has already been a special prosecutor appointed.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: