FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Gorilla Mob, Philly Block & Rap Gangs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Everything changes and so does gang graffiti. The rules of the past don't always work or there are other issues that need to be factored in . The same is true for gangs and the way they represent. Gang leaders are getting smarter and learning new ways to avoid the authorities and launder their money.

I remember the first Blood graffiti I encountered. It was a splash of red paint and a splash of black paint combined with a crudely written Blood. Then that changed and the informal alliance had Bloods using the symbols associated with Chicago gangs. Bloods were now using five pointed stars, pyramids and graffiti symbols I had previously always associated with the Vice Lords.

Now the gang has taken a minor role in relationship to rap groups. In the 400 and the 600 blocks of W Philadelphia is graffiti promoting the Gorilla MOB and the Philly Block.

These two groups are under the umbrella of FliCityMurdaMuzik. Members Chink and Loco proudly have their names there but smaller than the Rap names. Loco has 5 point stars inside the o's of his name and a "fork down" crosses his letter c.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Bloods Gang History » Street

streetganglife.com/the-history-of-the-bloods/

Jul 4, 2010 ... By late 1971 the Crip alliance was well established in Los Angeles. In this same year the Avalon Garden Crips and the Inglewood Crips had ...
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

About iⓡⓔⓟ●ⓣⓗⓐ●➑➉

Flint Town 5hit..

Buc Town 5hit..

Almighty Black P. 5tone Blood 5hit..

Gorilla Mob 5hit..

Murda Mitten Mafia 5hit..

Listen To The 5hit I 5pit ! Real 5treet Music..No Industry 5hit ! 5tone !!!
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

_U-LES_ FBI National Gang Threat Assessment 2011 - Docstoc
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/140358328/_U-LES_-FBI-National-Gang-Threat-Assessment-2011
Dec 31, 2012 ... _U-LES_ FBI National Gang Threat Assessment 2011 ..... in their region to the gangster rap cul- their drug distribution territories, form new .... in montgom- of minors, and money laundering. in 2010, the ery County, maryland, ... asian stores , beauty salons, music recording and production Boyz in California ...
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The above links are important because the Black P Stone Bloods are not the Chicago based Black P Stones. Around 1969 a group of Black P Stones went to LA and formed a Blood alliance. the literature states this alliance was never approved by the Chicago hierarchy and the two remain separate entities.

The Bloods have the reputation of being a violent gang and their primary source of income is from drug distribution. In Flint it appears that some in the Folk Nations roll with the Bloods, but not all of them respect the Bloods.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

According to the FBI reports the gangs are now starting and funding Rap groups as a front for their criminal activity. these Gansta Rap music companes are frequently formed using juveniles and are primarily used to launder the illegal money through a legitimate business.

The National Dug Intelligence Center notes that the money laundering of dug monies is also facilitated through real estate, recording studios. motorcycle shops, construction companies and cash based businesses such as barber shops, music stores, tattoo parlors, strip clubs and even catering groups.

Bloods are identified on both the West Coast and the East Coast. The United Blood nation (east coast) formed about 1993 and has a separate leadership roup from the west coast.

While the main income for the Bloods is derived from drugs, they are also known to be involved in robberies, auto theft, prostitution, homicide, drive bys and money laundering.

You may see the term Damu which means blood in Swahili. Their colors are red and black and they may wear clothing from the Philadelphia Phillies, San Francisco 49ers and the Chicago Bulls. Sometimes they use the letter P for Piru, a early blood term and area in LA.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:42 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Produced by MrEightUnoOwe (mr. 8-ten)

Gorilla Mob-You Ain't No Gangsta - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iw3lQAS-w

Jan 5, 2012 ... Gorilla Mob-Hold It Downby FliCityMurdaMuzik 789 views; 4:29. Watch Later RLSG Ft. Gorilla Mob-Im A Gorillaby FliCityMurdaMuzik 821 views ...

Gorilla Mob-Murda Muzik - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3zoB3ptds

Feb 6, 2012 ... JP Ft. Gorilla Mob-I Do It For My Cityby FliCityMurdaMuzik 320 views ... Gorilla Mob-Here Them Yoppasby FliCityMurdaMuzik 247 views · 3:56 ...
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The FBI report also discusses the integral role rap music is to recruiting new gang members.

'Gangster rap group,s often comprised of juveniles, are forming and are being used to launder drug money through legitimate businesses."

The report further discusses how gang members host legitimate events, such as concerts, that have a dual purpose-laundering money and recruitment.

"Juvenile gang members in some communities are hosting parties and organizing special events which develop into opportunities for recruiting, drugs, sexual exploitation, and criminal activities."

The FBI report elaborated on the importance of the role social media and internet websites play in facilitating their criminal activity and in enhancing their criminal operations. These techno savvy criminals use advanced countermeasures to monitor and target law enforcement.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The use of gang symbols with the name Gorilla mob is suggestive of the potential for violent behavior.

Their label states:
spoken with anger and furious vengeance
Gorilla War-Fair

A six pointed star, like a star of David, with GD 74 is above the two rappers names.

Philly Block performed "in da kitchen-freestyle. However Blood gangs often use the name of a street in the names for their sets.

Gorilla Mob also uses the term "We the beast" Flint Town uses Beast on George Street off Coldwater road in Beecher. Odd because Beecher has almost eliminated the graffiti in areas that once were overwhelmed with rival gang graffiti.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Black P Stone Bloods often substitute the number 5 for the letter S as was done in the music roster for FliCityMurdaMuzik.

Pierson Road in the vicinity of M.L. King is a proposed development area. Interesting that most of the graffiti I found is in or close to that area.

The retaining wall that surrounds the North Flint Plaza has been covered with graffiti on all sides in the past. Now only the west side has graffiti, Woodz Mafia is the primary gang title in that area. The i in Mafia is dotted with a 5 pointed star. Next to that is a RIP Fatty with two 6 point stars and both are in the same color and neither is crossed off. Although the stars would indicate rival groups, neither is crossed out as they would be in a turf war.

Woodbine Street runs off Pierson one block away by St Agnes. Then the short block to Parkway ends at the graffiti. Then again the word Woodz is used a lot in Rap articles and it may refer to Woodz Jungle Records. With an artist Swagg 2 the Max and the term Swagg Boys is used on 403 Philadelphia.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

What happened to word wrap? And why so much space between lines? Rolling Eyes
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:55 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Windows 8 happened. My utilities program suddenly took over while I was typing and I thought I lost the entire piece. I may have to change. I was tired and gave up.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bear with me because all of the Rap Gang Graffiti is new to me. I have been researching and much of it appears to be related to the area of Los Angeles that is home to the Black P Stone Bloods. They dominate 2 areas in LA, the "Jungles" and a smaller area called the "City" or sometimes "bity".

The Jungles was said to be named that because of the lush vegetation and at first it was a pleasant place for the African Americans that lived there. Now it is called the Jungle because of the danger involved in living there. The feds have initiated two major stings in this area in the last few years.

Thus we have the Jungle Boyz, Woodz and Gorlla Mob.

Cross Pierson going south and there are three streets between M l king and Dupont with significant graffiti, Pulaski, Philadelphia and Baltimore. Pulaski cleaned the graffiti on one home and the aluminum siding vandals cleaned 2 others.

The Wesley Avenue and the PHP (Pierson Hood People) (also P-Hood) seem to have real beef. The Wesley Ave. is shown some extreme disrespect evidenced by the dripping penis and derogatory comments directed at them on Baltimore. Their name is also crossed off at the dead end of Summit behind Pierson School. Violence is coming here.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

We also have the $wagg Squad and the Swagg boys. The dollar sign used for the letter S means this is a drug sales site. Swagg is about the most misused term in Hip Hop culture now. They all think they have the unique sense of confidence and style to carry it off. There is even a Russian musician and a sound synthesizer named Swagg. Some local groups make up their own slang.
Several locations in this area are tagged for the King Squad gangsta or KSG.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Windows 8 happened. My utilities program suddenly took over while I was typing and I thought I lost the entire piece. I may have to change. I was tired and gave up.

Did you install 8 willingly, or disd it come with a new PC? I stayed with 7 on the computer I built last month.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: