FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More FLINT 2013 violence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The agenda is the mushroom treatment; keep everyone in the dark & feed them a lot of bullshit.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

One man found shot to death at Lapeer Gardens apartment complex in Flint
By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com
on March 15, 2013 at 5:26 AM, updated March 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM

FLINT, MI -- Police are investigating a homicide that occurred just after midnight Friday on the city's southside.

One man was found shot to death in the courtyard of Lapeer Gardens apartment complex on Lapeer Road near Howard. He was suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.

Police released no suspect information. His name was not released.

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.

Add Your Comment

DWCBOB
How many are we at now, 12?

David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com
Police say he was believed to be in his 20s.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Note the discrepancies between media reporting...

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=872408

Man dead in Flint overnight after chase through apartment complex
by NBC25 Newsroom
Posted: 03.15.2013 at 6:12 AM
Updated: 03.15.2013 at 9:25 AM

FLINT -- Police say a man in his 20's is dead after being shot and killed following a chase through an apartment complex late Thursday night.

Officials tell NBC 25 that the incident happened around 11p.m. at Lapeer Gardens Apartments.

The apartments are located on the 2300 block of Lapeer Road near Dort Highway.

Police say the man was transported to Hurley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

He died of multiple gunshot wounds. Stay with NBC 25 for more details as they become known.
Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

University of Michigan Flint student arrested in connection with a murder in Flint

by NBC25 Newsroom

Posted: 03.15.2013 at 5:40 AM

Michigan State Police say they arrested 23-year-old Marjanl Abdur-Rahman.

FLINT -- Police arrested a suspect in connection to the murder of a 22-year-old Flint man three months ago.

Demarkus Barnett was found stabbed to death outside a car wash on Robert T. Longway on December 9th of last year.

Michigan State Police say they arrested 23-year-old Marjanl Abdur-Rahman in connection to the murder.

He was arraigned today on an open murder charge.

Abdur-Rahman does not have a criminal history and is a student at the University of Michigan Flint.
Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Another example of discrepancy in media reporting. Is the assailant male or female? Good reason to read multiple media sources and keep an open mind.

mlive.com
UM-Flint student charged with open murder in December slaying in Flint
David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com
on March 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM, updated March 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

FLINT, MI -- A 23-year-old Flint woman and student at the University of Michigan-Flint was charged with open murder in the December stabbing death of Demarkus Barnett.

Barnett, 22, was found unresponsive from a stab wound to the chest around 2 a.m. Dec. 9 in the parking lot of a car wash on Robert T. Longway Boulevard near Averill, police said.

Marjani J. Abdur-Rahman is lodged in the Genesee County Jail after she was arrested Wednesday, March 13, said Michigan State Police Lt. Jason Teddy. She was arraigned on the charges on Thursday, March 14.

Teddy said Barnett was out at a club when he ran into Abdur-Rahman, whom he had a previous relationship. The two had an argument, Teddy said. More words were exchanged between the two when Abdur-Rahman went up to Barnett's vehicle at a stop light.

Teddy said Abdur-Rahman saw Barnett's vehicle in the parking lot of the car wash and allegedly retrieved a knife from her vehicle and stabbed Barnett once in the chest.

Police were able to tie the woman to the crime from witness statements and a vehicle description, Teddy said. Abdur-Rahman was arrested in Flint.

A judge denied bond on Thursday.

A UM-Flint spokeswoman confirmed Abdur-Rahman was a student but declined to release any more information.

Barnett's girlfriend and mother of his child, Stacy Muter, said she heard of the arrest from a family member.

"I'm glad somebody's arrested," she said.

© MLive.com. All rights reserved.
Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:05 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Good catch OOSL2 I wondered about the original story as I recalled the media stating a female was seen at the murder site.
Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Police catch man climbing out window of vacant Flint apartment during break-in
Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com The Flint Journal
on March 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM, updated March 17, 2013 at 7:46 PM Print

FLINT, MI -- A male suspect was arrested Thursday, March 14 as he climbed out the window after breaking into a vacant apartment building on Lapeer Road, according to a police report.
Police responded to a vacant apartment building shortly after 1 a.m. in the 2000 block of Lapeer Road for a breaking and entering in the building's basement floor.

Responding officers able to secure the area around one apartment after finding an open window. Officers then gained access to the apartment and arrested two males and two females.

A third male was climbing out of the open window when he was taken into custody by police. All five suspects were transported to the Flint police station.

Roberto can be reached by phone at 810-429-3865, email at racosta1@mlive.com, on Facebook at Roberto Acosta Journalist or on Twitter @racostaJourno.
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in Flint assaulted on bus for testifying in recent court case
Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com The Flint Journal
on March 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM, updated March 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM Print

FLINT, MI -- A man said he was assaulted March 13 on a bus in Flint by two men for testifying in a December 2012 court case.
The male victim told police he boarded a bus in downtown Flint around 5 p.m. and was approached by two men, according to a police report.

He was then assaulted by the men, sustaining a cut on one of his eyebrows, swollen face, bruised jaw, scratches on left ear.

There was no word if the two male suspects were arrested, but the report states the subjects were paid by a suspect the victim testified against in a recent case.

Roberto can be reached by phone at 810-429-3865, email at racosta1@mlive.com, on Facebook at Roberto Acosta Journalist or on Twitter @racostaJourno.
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in Flint assaulted, robbed by three suspects; money, phone among items taken
on March 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM, updated March 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM Print
FLINT, MI -- A man was listed in good condition after he was assaulted and robbed by three suspects Thursday, March 14 while leaving a corner store on Leith Street.
An officer was spoke with the victim who told police he was walking home from the store around 1:30 a.m. when a blue Buick pulled up next to him and three men who appeared to be in their 20s jumped out of the vehicle.

He said the men began to assault him with an unknown weapon and proceeded to take his cellular phone, wallet, a pack of cigarettes and and pocket knife, according to a police report.

The victim was taken to a local hospital for injuries, including three lacerations to the top of his head, and was in good condition per a physician.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police track down, arrest two suspects in breaking and entering with help from witness
on March 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM, updated March 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM Print

FLINT, MI -- Two men were arrested and placed in the Flint City Jail Feb. 13 after officers were helped by a witness description from a neighbor following a breaking and entering at a Buckingham Avenue home.
The male witness told police he spotted the suspects around around 7 a.m. breaking into his neighbor's home in the in the 600 block of Buckingham, according to a police report.

An officer arrived at the home a short time later, but the suspects had already fled from the scene where a forced entry had been made into the residence.

A description of the suspects was put out by police from the witness, and responding officers in the area were able to locate and arrest two suspects matching the description. There was no word if any items were taken from the home.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

I've noticed that the Journal rarely gives good descriptions of suspects.Is that because they don't have good descriptions or is there a policy against stateing the suspect is black,white, ect ?
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE schreef:

I've noticed that the Journal rarely gives good descriptions of suspects.Is that because they don't have good descriptions or is there a policy against stateing the suspect is black,white, ect ?

quote:

Common now, with a name like yours you must be fairly intelligent. It's because blacks commit the bulk of the crimes and the liberal press doesn't wish to report that fact. And before the libs on this board call me a racist I'll say this, I'm not Caucasian. Do the research and you will see the facts support my hypothesis.

Pan8
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Saw two Flint Police cars and a county K-9 unit about noon on Welch close to Grand Traverse. According to FPO a woman going to her father's house found a strange car with the trunk open and two black males going towards the back of the house.

A 9mm gun had been stolen and that was a priority. May have been a former police officer's home. The police apprehended one and are searching for the other.
They tracked them down the 1600 block of Euclid and down Dupont as far away as Paterson.

The 400 and 500 block of Hamilton saw a lot of action too. First a fight in the 500 block with about 11 people. Unknown how many were bservers.

Later a woman reported 5 black males kicking at her door while looking for her son. They later went to a house across the street. Police were sent to the 500 bloco but noreason given. Previous fight?
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Despite having spent significant amounts of money to improve many of the homes on Mary, I noticed several ready for demolition. It begs the question if HUD really knows what it is doing when it approves these projects. HUD ordered Flint to work on a property that had just been involved in a drug raid after the occupants protested their denial.

Flint police investigating shooting that left man dead on Mary Street
David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com The Flint Journal
on October 03, 2012 at 3:00 PM, updated October 03, 2012 at 6:26 PM Email |
Enlarge Ryan Garza | rgarza1@mlive.com Ryan Garza | MLive.com Flint Police and detectives hold back a family member struggling to get close to a person who was shot and killed on the 200 block of Mary Street off of MLK in Flint's north side on Wednesday. The victim's brother identified the 55th homicide victim this year as Darrius Robinson, 23.

Flint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary Street gallery (7 photos)

Flint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary StreetFlint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary StreetFlint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary StreetFlint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary StreetFlint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary StreetFLINT, MI -- Police say one man is dead in a shooting that occurred just after noon on Mary Street near King Avenue.

The victim's brother identified the victim as Darrius Robinson, 23 .

"No one ever thinks something like this would happen to you," said Terry Robinson, 27. "I can't really describe (my feelings) with words."

Police did not provide any more details other than confirming it was a homicide.

The slaying is the 55th homicide of the year.

Robinson said he didn't know what happened to his brother. Several family members were out crying at the scene. Two people were arrested for crossing police crime tape.

A large section of Mary Street was blocked off and several bullet casings could be seen on the ground.

Beatrice Bass said she has lived on the street for more than 25 years and the neighborhood has gone downhill fast.

"It's sickening," she said. "It's terrible when stuff like this happens, and so close to home. It was alright when I moved here."

There were no reports of any arrests or any suspect information.

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint Police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.

Sponsored Links
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Why wasn't Smith Village designed as a gated community?

Residents scared for safety after two homicides in seven days on same Flint street
David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com The Flint Journal
on October 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM, updated October 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Flint Police on scene of a deadly shooting on Mary Street
A woman is held as she screams after becoming emotional on the 200 block of Mary Street off of King Avenue in Flint's north side at the scene of a deadly shooting on Oct. 3 where Darrius Robinson was killed. A 37-year-old man was killed Tuesday evening on the same block. Police have said the two incidents are not related.

Ryan Garza | MLive.com FLINT, MI -- Robert Williams was laying on the couch Oct. 3 when a bullet came through his front window and struck a wall two feet from his head.

Tuesday night, Williams, 79, was cutting his grass when he heard more shots that sent him scurrying in the house for cover.

That's what life has been like on Mary Street near King Avenue for the last week, where two men have been shot to death in what police believe are unrelated incidents.

"I think it's all crazy," said Williams, who ended up with two bullets in his wall and one in his truck. "I don't know what's going on. I know they are killing each other. I've never been around people that are killing each other before. It's scary."

The latest death is Michael D. Veal, 37, who showed up at the hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen around 5:40 p.m. Tuesday. He was taken immediately into surgery and he later died, according to a press release.

Police said Veal was shot after a verbal argument escalated. No suspect information has been released. Update: Veal's brother McConnie Baker charged with murder

The slaying comes after the Darrius Robinson, 23, was shot and killed on Mary on Oct. 3. There have been no arrests announced in that case either.

There have been 56 homicides this year.

For residents on Mary, the latest shootings are too much to bear.

"I took off running (when I heard shots Tuesday) and said 'oh no, they are back.' It's got me on pins and needles," said Williams

Deion Bell, 58, lives at the home where Robinson was gunned down in the driveway. He said he doesn't know anything about the shootings, but called them frightening.

"I don't like it at all. I get nervous," Bell said. "I hear 'boom' and I am on the floor."

Williams, who has lived on the street since the late 1970s, said the neighborhood used to be full of houses and free of trouble.

"This block has been changing every day," he said. "There used to be houses. It's more trouble now."

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: