FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Rapunzell - Now that I've heard it

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I understand what you were talking about. That is common. Over here. (Reference the shooting at Kearsley Park) That to me doesn't sound like anything new to report about our Flint Police Dept. This is the same thing I've been saying for years!! We are treated as second class citizens of the City of Flint. For living on the eastside. I can guarantee you. That if this happened in Don's neighborhood. The officers would have taken their ASS out of their car and gone up to the door and knocked. Got out and looked around the house to make sure who ever was chasing that person wasn't still hanging around. They would have made sure that the person had not been shot.
The flint police really don't want to find this guy. then they would actually have to do something to earn their paycheck. Now Multiply this over years and times it happens. Which we really don't know how often this type of thing happens. Most people just become frustrated and work and save to move away. This is why FOX news refused to cover my story. It isn't NEWS!! It happens all the time. Where does the Chief Chef down at the Police Dept Stand on this. Is he looking into the officers that called to the scene? Is anyone being held accountable for this?
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

I will follow up on this tomorrow. I don't know Jerry. I know it was taken as far as the LT. Without an Ombudsman the only reason I see us getting results right now is the millage waiting.

To YOU I say it is not the Dons nieghborhood it is your nieghborhood. Erica is a one woman crime watch in your area. She gets results, she gets back up and lives two streets from you. Won't you go on one night crime watch tour with her? I guarantee you will learn much. She has good contacts with the force.

You gonna let a tall skinny girl fight crime in your nieghborhood all by herself! Shame on you, Jerr bear!

With her information she has started two other crime watches that have 10 or more people in adjacent areas still no one will help her in your back yard!
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:21 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Sorry, don't have time for it. Besides, I keep myself pretty busy watching my own street. It's just when something happens. The police don't want to know anything about what happened. Rude and act like your bothering them.
I did talk to my councilman the other day. I asked if the Mayor was going to require that the officers that drove by there and didn't even get out of the car were going to be held accountable for anything? She didn't know for sure. But, she is attempting to set me up with a meeting with the Mayor. So we can hash a few things out. With me. It is mostly Police Accountablity! Lackluster Performance of the Flint Police Dept! Not just now. But for the last 30 years. SOMEONE needs to step up to the plate and get something done. I'm tired of hearing about it. We know it's a problem. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we need a Police Chief! We need accountability.

"Good Contacts with the Force" THis is what we shouldn't need in order to get Police to do their jobs. I keep hearing the excuses about not having a contract or Not getting a raise. I have made less and worked more for the last 5 years. In the same business. At least their wages don't go down. Now, if they did their jobs. I would be the first to say. Let's see about giving them a raise. But, they continue to be thier own worst enemy, when they show up and refuse to even get out of their car. THen they want me to pay them a wage for doing that? Don't even talk to me about a contract or wage increase. Start doing your job. Then we'll talk.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford

I believe this could costitute deriliction of duty. There should be some rule on the books regarding this right? We shouldn't need an Ombudsman to get the police to follow their own rules. This story definately makes me second guess my decision to move to this city. If the next two years don't go my way perhaps I should turn tail and run. If I don't get gunned down before then. Sad It's pretty bad when old people are getting murdered in their own homes. Can anyone say Flint militia? It doesn't cost too much to get a concealed weapons permit. I think it would have been nice if Tony would have had a sniper rifle to protect the kid that was getting shot at. The way things are going I think this town needs some dead thugs with bullets in through their skull so they'll think twice before going around shooting at people. It's obvious the status of our police protection so instead of waiting around I think we need to take better steps at protecting ourselves. Once again I call for a well armed Flint Militia. It's pretty clear to me what will happen if I do need to call the police. NOTHING!!! Anybody know who has a concealed weapons permit in this town that would take calls on a cash basis? Desperate times call for desperate measures. I beleive we are in desperate times.

Adam Ford
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:58 pm 
rapunzel

I don't have time???? you are watching your own street? good. you could be a block capt. for YOUR street. Please talk to Erica.!!! sometimes the ground up works rather than top down. She has the AHNA email. Just complaining will not solve it. Jerry, I am giving you good information. Trying to be helpful won't you at least email her if nothing else share info!

Deputy Chief Hagler is on top of both situations. He spoke to Tony himself the day after the Kearsley park incident. The compaint is on file, permanent record.Any complaint by a citizen against an officer, Officer complaint against Lt., Lt complaint against an officer is now recorded and updated. How long has Hagler been in charge? He is making changes in accountability. Has made changes and Officers have been fired and he will continue to do so fairly.

There will be a public press release on the elderly shootings. They believe the culprits are in custody. Still keep your eyes open and watch out for the Senior citizens that live in your area. Be Vigilant but not vigilanties.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Quite honestly, I've got ten years of piss poor response and indifference from the Flint Police to over come. I'm not in any hurry to change my atitude. Are they going to replace anything I've had stolen that they have refused to investigate? I've had almost 10,000 dollars worth of stuff stolen or damaged living over there. Nothing covered by insurance because it would have cost me well over twice that t have it insured. Because, the insurance companies know that in Flint, recovery of stolen property is NILL! If they want to send me a check for 10,000.00 to cover the cost of what I've personally had stolen or repairs I've had to make becuase of breakins. I'll at least consider changing my attitude.
I've done what I've needed to protet my property. I do what I can for the neighbors. But, it's going to take a whole lot more than me volunteering for a crime watch in order tog et the COPS to do their jobs. before my atitude changes.
If the City really wanted the Graffitti gone. i believe the police could do it in about a month.
If the city wanted the Car theifs caught. i believe it would take about three months.
Each one of these things has to be tackled and targetted. I'd even volunteer to help. But, not the way they go about doing it.
A few simple video camera set up in houses by areas with graffitti problems. Some Cars set up in neighborhoods with radio tracking, and car sterio componets set up with tracking. There are many different tools that could be used. That would not cost the dept very much money compared to the reults they would get.

Here's another one. Over on my grandmothers street. Last year they had a guy in the neighborhood breaking into peoples cars. THe thing was he wasn't actually stealing anything out of them. The nieghbors follwoed the guy and turned him into Police. they responded, "We cannot do anything since he didn't steal anything". Why do you think he was doing that. He was preparing for the day when it would be a pay day to actually do it. Say the day he moves out of the neighborhood. Or after he has moved.
When I start hearing at least something good from people when they have called police and they actually do something. That is really what it will take.
Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: