FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The October Political Surprise hits
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sally Haywood

WHO LET THE POLITICAL DOGS OUT?
I was expecting the usual October Surprise of candidates throwing out dirt on one another, but it appears bigger political forces are at play. This time two anonymous advertisers are muddying the waters with both flyers as well as using cable and digital platforms attacking candidates for Mayor. Since they are using phony and even inflammatory disclosures, it may be difficult to determine who the perpetrators of these efforts are.
Political pundits assure me these ad misfires are not the work of the three political camps that have been victimized, Weaver, Kincaid and Pfeiffer. Some politically astute observers liken these attacks to the Russian influence on the Presidential election. These ad attacks appear to want discord and confusion among the voting public.None of these ads have a legitimate political disclaimer.
The flyers provoked the reader with references to being a stupid voter and signing the recall petition. A photo of an ark and the words "Take your souls to the polls" tried to intimate a religious group was behind this work. They actually used the slogan of AC Dumas when he urges listeners of his Saturday morning show on WFNT to vote, He was forced to tell listeners he had no part of this, I have read the communications of Dumas and I can attest that the poor grammar is not his. Also the use of a large Kincaid with strings connected to five minority council is not the Pastors as they recently supported Winfrey. There is a local consultant that favors the puppet ad.
I must not watch enough TV as I have not seen the ads that are attacking Kincaid. However,, The Comcast engagement letter was contracted by a large Washington DC political ad company.. Although this company is considered a Republican campaign strategist, I have been assured that they will take any kind of account. What is important is that this agency is well known or niche advertising of cable and digital platforms as they did this work for Trump.
The digital ads against Kincaid actually portray Kincaid with yellow Trump style comb over. Many will assume Pfeiffer had something to do with these ads, but I believe this style of ad work is not his style. Rumors have tried to link Pfeiffer to Williamson money to take votes away from Kincaid and benefit Weaver. Pfeiffer has his own money. Truthfully is Williamson still the political boogey-man?
We have days left until the election and more crazy ads will come out. Personally, I believe there is an undeclared Independent agent at work here. Could there be some entity that wants to turn the county red? or could there be some financial gain to be realized. The answer of the source o the mud slinging will probably not come out before the election and we may never know.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It is only days from the election and the internet is rife with attack ads.

Kincaid and every recent city council is being blamed for Flint woes. Democratic Kincaid is being tied to Trump and is portrayed with a photoshopped red hate saying "Make Flint poor again". University Park is attributed to Kincaid, which is bizarre as that was always Stanley's project. I was with the first tour when the concept was unveiled.

And activists are also fair game for these sometimes vicious . A facebook writer using the handle of the French anarchist of the early 1800's, Anselme Bellegarrigue, just taunted a rather large listing of activists for the water issue as the F*ck Flint Dynasty. He asked readers to "tune in as we follow these political warriors exploit, co-opt and attempt to capitalize on misery in the name of political activism."

The pro Weaver #Flint also has many more negative postings.

untanglingwebs

Give Mayor Weaver a Chance added 2 new photos.Like Page
21 hrs ·
He had 30 chances to help and fix Flint. Give Mayor Weaver a full term . Scott Kincaid you've done enough of nothing..

During the election between Walling and Williamson for Mayor, it became known that Walling had paid Stanley's consulting company $43,000 for campaign work . Williamson's ad agency created the ad of Walling as Stanley's puppet. Must have been a good ad as it keeps being copied.

Walling unsuccessfully ran an ad portraying Weaver as Stanley's puppet. However in light of the Rizzo trash fiasco,it may have been more true than we suspected.

Now groups in support of Weaver have a new Facebook ad against Kincaid that shows a giant hand with strings to 5 council people and that is supposed to represent Kincaid being able to "pull the strings" and manipulate 5 council (all minorities-Poplar, Nelson, Galloway, Davis and Winfrey. Since you need 5 votes on a full council to pass or reject a resolution, that is the magic number of council members certain pastors want to lose in the elections so hopefully Weaver can pass anything she wants through council. Threkheld along with Overton with help from AC Dumas and Eric Mays throw the names of their preferred candidates every Saturday on the WFNT radio shows. You had to know that Mays would not be included as he hijacked the Pastor show last Saturday as well as AC 's.

Nothing beats the original that I believe was a Canadian American agency creation. BUt Williamson must be laughing at all of the imitations.
Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:35 pm

untanglingwebs

A poorly written postcard is being mailed in the Mott Park area and residents say quite frankly they are unsure of how to interpret the message. Some are insulted not only by the message but the fake address of WWW.stupidregisteredvoter.com.
taw
The postcard starts out with "You signed a petition to recall Mayor Weaver for signing a contract."
"THATS WHAT HER JOB IS, NEGOTIATING CONTRACTS
By the way it saved you as the taxpayer(FOUR MILLION DOLLARS)

In small letters it states "the last election on Aug 4th, of this year only 7% of you voted .That means only 7out of a 100 of you voted in this ward."

It ends with "TAKE YOUR SOULS TO THE POLLS AND VOTE TUESDAY NOVEMBER 7th"

I couldn't tell whether residents were more insulted by the message or the poor
grammar.

While the top of the card featured the City Seal, a photo of Weaver, and then the Flint water tower, residents were puzzled about the photo of what might be the ARK.

I think I might chalk this up to one of the most bizarre campaign ads I have come across.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Comcast contract was digitally ordered by Strategic Media Services Inc. 1911 Fort Meyers Dr. suite 100, Arlington Va. 22209. Their Zoominfo listing states they are based in Washington DC. It says they serve a select group of political issue/advocacy and commercial clients. They also o media research, planning and placement services with an eye for targeting and cost.

Neil Williams ordered the advertising for a non-existent company that was supposed to "Opportunity for Michigan". Williams is the Account Director for the company. There is no PAC listed on the State or County level. Also there is no corporate listing on the State of Michigan sites. The phone number given is 202-247-7118.

The business address is a PO Box at the Frandor UPS store, 503 Mall Court, #245.
The company is shown as a Republican agency and they show a history of working for The NRC, the Republican National Committee, NRCC and a 2006 Minn. 6th Congressional district race . They also show a large number of commercial accounts including the Michigan Chamber of Council, the US Chamber of commerce, The beer Institute, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Business Round table, American Petroleum Institute and many more.
The company was established in 1996 by David Neal to address a select group of political issue and advocacy. Neal is considered an expert in the niche advertising of cable and digital platforms. He performed these tasks for Trump.

While I believe their is a lnk to MSU, I am still working to prove that link.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The contract (page 2)
Programming that "communicates a political matter o national importance" including 1) reference to legally qualified candidate. (Presidential, Vice Presidential , or Congressional), 2) any elected federal office (eg. any reference to "our next senator", "our person in Washington", or "the President". and 3) a national legislative issue of public importance(eg) Affordable care Act, revising the IRS tax code, federal gun control or any federal legislation.

This was checked as yes and "Michigan" was the reason.

The payment was made by "Opportunity for Michigan" and the Treasurer was Robert Patrick Armiack III. (MSU student)

The contract was accepted by Keith Mayer, Comcast Political Account Manager.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:42 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

https://www.facebook.com/GiveMayorWeaveraChance/photos/pcb.1745942375709983/1745942329043321/?type=3&ifg=1
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

re Watching
This Is the Definition of 'Dog Whistle Politics'
A message only some can hear

Update: This word was added in April 2017.

The earliest, and still most common, meaning of dog whistle is the obvious one: it is a whistle for dogs. Dog ears can detect much higher frequencies than our puny human ears can, so a dog whistle is nothing more than an exceedingly high-pitched whistle that canines can hear, but that we cannot.

dog-whistle
Figuratively, a 'dog whistle' is a coded message communicated through words or phrases commonly understood by a particular group of people, but not by others.

Yet there's another dog whistle we've been hearing about lately: a coded message communicated through words or phrases commonly understood by a particular group of people, but not by others.

Given that the term dog whistle has been around for over 200 years, it seems odd that it only developed a figurative sense recently. After all, it’s the perfect word to use to describe something that some people can hear, but others cannot. Yet it is only within the past 20 years or so that it has seen this figurative sense take hold. And it is primarily used to describe political speech.

If you want to cast him as just a nativist, his slogan "Make America Great Again" can be read as a dog-whistle to some whiter and more Anglo-Saxon past.
—Ross Douthat, The New York Times, 10 August 2015

Saul introduces the concept of the “figleaf,” which differs from the more familiar dog whistle: while the dog whistle targets specific listeners with coded messages that bypass the broader population, the figleaf adds a moderating element of decency to cover the worst of what’s on display, but nevertheless changes the boundaries of acceptability.
—Ray Drainville, Hyperallergic, 12 July 2016

Dog whistle appears to have taken on this political sense in the mid-1990s; the Oxford English Dictionary currently has a citation from a Canadian newspaper, The Ottawa Citizen, in October of 1995, as their earliest recorded figurative use: “It's an all-purpose dog-whistle that those fed up with feminists, minorities, the undeserving poor hear loud and clear.”

The recent appearance of the figurative use does not mean that dog whistle has not been used previously to describe the habit that politicians occasionally have of sending coded messages to a certain group of constituents. In 1947, a book titled American Economic History referred to a speech by Franklin Delano Roosevelt as being “designed to be like a modern dog-whistle, with a note so high that the sensitive farm ear would catch it perfectly while the unsympathetic East would hear nothing.” However, saying that speech is like a dog-whistle (which is a simile) is not quite the same as saying that it is a dog whistle (which is a metaphor), and this subtle distinction is what causes us to judge the phrase as having originated in the 1990s, rather than the 1940s.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some local politicians are talking about all of the money they say the Mott Foundation officials and the Greater Flint Regional Chamber of Commerce are spending in this race. Whoever is spending the illegitimate money is definitely targeting Kincaid in their post card mailings. They are linking Kincaid to Trump with the red hat saying "Make Flint Poor Again" in one ad and the Trump golden hair comb over in another. They verbally assail the UAW and UAW leaders trying to link Kincaid to the recent UAW scandals which Kincaid is not involved in. Kincaid will also be looked at regarding the anti Weaver ads although they have a Republican link to them.

I remember the 1998 ad campaign against Jeff Wright that featured his 3 drunk driving arrests. While dirty politics succeed , they often leave a bad memory or voters. The ad was accurate and while the Flint Journal did not want to print it, they did. The page used was linked to a local businessman who always reserved that prominent page for his business. Harden knew nothing about the ad but it hurt him in the later election as people linked him to the ad. Public outcry finally produced an Independent campaign entity out of Minnesota.

In these mailings and the cable ads, the culprits are deliberately trying not to leave a trail.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I believe the ad with the ark was intended to point towards Weaver and the Pastors. The poor grammar was to reinforce a stereotype that most blacks are illiterate. The negative stereotype and derogatory voter titles are meant to inflame voters against Weaver for using dirty tricks.

The postal code on the mailings show a high volume purchaser of specialty mail. The EDDM retail is a USPS code meaning that every door will receive this ad and the sender does not have to place addresses and names on the pieces. This cheap mailing technique allows the sender to target and chose the best researched areas for their ads. The buyer of the mailings can even select what carrier routes to use for best results which in this instance is the high voting areas/ That is why Fairfield Village was targeted after Mott Park. There may be more mailings as the advertising source can send up to 5,000 per day cheaply.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This is my opinion as to a possible link to a culprit and I may be thought to be a conspiracy nut. But I believe the link is to a Republican group based in Lansing. This advertising scam reminds me of 5 years ago.

DETROIT 07/19/2012 08:04 am ET Updated Jul 19, 2012
Roy Schmidt, Jase Bolger, Michigan State Rep And Speaker, Not Charged After Election Scandal

By Kate Abbey-Lambertz
While a fiery prosecutor’s report condemns their actions and Democrats call for their resignations, it appears that, for the moment, Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-Marshall) and state Rep. Roy Schmidt (R-Grand Rapids) will not be penalized in an alleged case of election tampering aimed at Schmidt’s campaign in the November election.

According to Republican Kent County Prosecutor Bill Forsyth, Schmidt, currently serving in the House, had his son Ryan Schmidt recruit a peer to run against him as a Democrat for $450. 22-year-old Matthew Mojak, who had not been registered to vote in the district, nor living within its borders for the required 22 years, would hardly campaign, giving little challenge to Schmidt. To complicate matters, minutes before the filing deadline on May 15, incumbent Schmidt, elected as Democrat, withdrew and reentered the race as a Republican. Both his and Mojzak’s papers were filed by Bolger’s deputy chief of staff Phil Browne. The candidate also went over the details of recruiting the bogus candidate and the logistics of filing with Bolger.

Across the aisle, Democrats are calling for a further investigation into the two politicians’ violations of House rules.

“We must act to prevent further acts of corruption and abuses of power like this in the future,” said House Democratic Leader Richard E. Hammel (D-Mount Morris Township).

Groups such as the liberal Progress Michigan have gone further, calling for Bolger to step down, which he told the Detroit Free Press he would not do. He told the paper he and Schmidt acted as a response to “worries about what the Dems might do,” and said their fear led them to “fall into the kind of political gamesmanship that we shouldn’t have.” He also denied knowing that money was promised to Mojzak.

A series of text messages obtained in Forsyth’s report, however, lay out the connection between Bolger, Schmidt and Mojzak as the Speaker counseled the candidate through getting Mojzak on the ballot and went over details of his living situation:

May 14:

Speaker: Any luck finding ur Dem in ur district? That’s the last piece we need.

Schmidt: I believe we do. Wii know this afternoon.

Speaker: Can they get the paperwork to u and u get to me so we can get it in our hands, show the GOP we’re all set...then we’ll file tomorrow.

Schmidt: For the Dem candidate. Yes!

Speaker: Exactly, for the Dem candidate...we already have the paperwork for R candidate!

Schmidt: I know. I am so nervous at this point- just want it to go perfect!

Speaker: Me too. I don’t like leaving anything to chance, thus my anxiousness to get this last piece wrapped up. All will then b perfect!”

May 15:

Speaker: From our atty: there is no requirement for a phone # or email on an affidavit of identity. So, leave those two blank on Matthew’s form.

Speaker: Phil is in the right building. All systems go!
The report states Schmidt offered Mojzak $450, bumping it up to $1,000 when he planned to withdraw, which he quickly did. Schmidt would also have paid his son $1,000. Reports says it’s likely both amounts will be paid out of his campaign funds.

Forsyth concludes his report by calling off the investigation despite his condemnation of Schmidt and Bolger’s behavior:

Incredibly, while it would be illegal to pay a boxer to take a “dive” or a basketball player to “point-shave”, it is not currently a crime in Michigan to recruit someone to run for public office, place them on the ballot at the “eleventh hour and essentially pay them to make no effort to win.
He turned the investigation over to the Secretary of State office to pursue possible violations of Campaign Finance Reform law, and encouraged the legislature to reconsider the laws that allowed for Schmidt’s actions. In an interview with MLive, Schmidt seemed to be doing some reconsidering of his own:

“I didn’t think this thing through at all and then I realized I’m in way over my head,” he said. “I knew this was wrong.”
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Facebook has screamed that the cable ads are being put out by a fake PAC named Opportunity For Michigan with a 19 yer old signing as Treasurer. Actually the person signing was 22 year old Robert Patrick Armiak lll out of Novi who graduated from MSU in 2017. His Facebook page shows him under Robert Patrick and alleges he moved to Kentucky.

I want to state up front that I do not believe the Pfeiffer campaign had anything to do with any of these negative ads. In fact they were seeking the source and gave me the information that steered me to my findings. They have been researching the source of the printed ads also. However, knowing politics a little bit, there will be some that will point to him. The ads for all three candidates try to deal with issues and not personalities, however Weaver supporters on Facebook are the most derogatory while repeating their allegations like mantras. In many ways Pfeiffer is as much of a victim of "ads gone bad".

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

While there is no obvious trail for Opportunity For Michigan, the new Secretary of Michigan corporate look up site made it easier to find a similarly named organization.

A newly formed 501(C)4 out of Nove by Sam Olsen, former MSU student and Legislative Aide to State Senator Tonya Schuitmaker, incorporated " Opportunity For Michigan's Future" on October 17,2017. Schuitmaker is currently trying to win the Republican nomination for Attorney General. It is a Domestic Nonprofit #802116222 with the registered agent being Corporation Counsel out of Plymouth.

The Comcast contract mailing address is the Frandor UPS store in the Lansing area.

Maybe I am a conspiracy theorist as I have already been told this is a thin link.

Who will be the ultimate winner in this war of political barbs? Pundits are saying that absentee ballots are extremely low and a low turnout will favor Weaver if she can get her votes out. Will the nastiness translate into potential voters not casting their votes?
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Donna Ashburn-Poplar added 6 new photos — with Leroyglen Lewis.
4 hrs · Flint ·
THE PLOT OF CONSPIRACY
REPUBLICAN Don Pfeiffer who has LOST EVERY Political Election he has entered into, has strategically been planted in the Mayor's race by his MENTOR and close FRIEND, former Republican Flint Mayor, Don Williamson, Former Flint Mayor Woodrow Stanley, Weaver and her $120,000 dollar per year Mt. Morris MI, Political Adviser, Aoni "Gil" Gicreast and REPUBLICAN Governor Rick Snyder to take white votes from Councilman Scott Kincaid, in hopes to help Weaver to be Re-Elected on Tuesday, Nov,7th. And we know that Trump #45 , Don Williamson's good friend and casino buddy is on the scene. If Weaver is Re-Elected, Don Pfeiffer will in return get MILLIONS of Dollars in contracts for his construction company to install water lines. Don Pfeiffer,and his brother's construction company has made millions of dollars from tragedies caused by deadly and destructive weather conditions all across the world. Just ask yourself this question, WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A WEAVER RE-ELECTION? WILL IT BE YOU -THE PEOPLE OR WILL IT BE WEAVER AND HER TEAM? You THINK about it and make a conscious decision which team do you trust with your vote. Will it be the Weaver, Snyder, Gilcreast, Woodrow Stanley, Pfeiffer, Don Williamson, Trump #45 and Weaver's Political Operative's Team, or will it be the Scott Kincaid, UAW, TEAMSTERS, AFSME, BUILDER TRADES, other Labor Unions and the "DIVERS" PEOPLE AND FLINT COMMUNITY TEAM? You take a good look at Don Williamson's PRODIGY, DON Pferiffer and DON'T be DECEIVED by his fancy talking, political hype and tough guy demeanor. And please pay close attention to his TV ads, that ONLY talks about replacing water lines and showing trucks digging up yards as though replacing water lines is Flint's only problem. Also, Pfeiffer's compaign punches directed at Weaver is only an act. its ALL about the MONEY with the 2-Dons and the Weaver & Snyder Team. Please, use WISDOM as your guide and DON'T GAMBLE WITH YOUR VOTE. DON'T let the Weaver Team FOOL you. Take a close look at this Team and ask yourself is this the team that you TRUST with YOUR VOTE and to do what's in the best interest of ALL people?

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath Wow. Donna, I know for a fact that Don Williamson not only isn't Don Pfeiffer's mentor.--- they don't even know each other!
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 24 mins
Manage
Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar Mike, I know that you are a strong Don Pfeiffer's supporter. However, I admonish you to ask Pfeiffer to tell you the TRUTH about his relationship
with "The DON".

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath Donna, anybody who listens to my show knows I have been a pretty strong Scott Kincaid supporter since Mayor Weaver is the only candidate who didn't come on my show .....

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath The Don Pfeiffer interview isn't until 8:35 am after the news break righ tnow

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath www.thedailygazette.net and click on the blue button

The Daily Gazette
ABOUT US LOCAL COVERAGE AREA ADVERTISING INFORMATION SUBMIT…
MYGCWEB.COM

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath gotta go back on the radio

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath WILL CONFRONT HIM ON LIVE RADIO!

David Forsmark
David Forsmark The only person in this post who Don Williamson planted in a race, is YOU, Donna. I know, because I printed and mailed the cards WILLIAMSON PAID FOR which were YOUR ONLY CAMPAIGN MAILINGS in your first race!

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath On a commercial break here David, am I wrong that Don Williamson and Don Pfeiffer are not friends and I don't think have ever even met?

Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath Don Pfeiffer just denied it on my radio show! Says his company does not even do pipe work type of construction!!! Wow.

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Yeah, Donna thinks you can hire an electrical contractor to do plumping? THAT explains a LOT of what's wrong with Flint!
David Forsmark
David Forsmark Oops. Plumbing. Freudian slip.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

WOW! It was bound to happen and I figured it was Pfeifer's turn for some dirt being thrown his way. But I don't believe the connection between Don Williamson and Pfeiffer. I have known Forsmark to be a smart political consultant but also an honest one. I have known him since he worked for Peggy Cook. I don't trust Prosecutor Leyton or Schuette to find out the true source of all of the discord, but I would hope the FBI can because the USPS is being used also.

I do not believe it is coming from either of the three camps, Weaver, Kincaid or Pfeiffer.
I believe it is an Independent source with Lansing ties that has some ulterior motive. But I do believe it is someone who wants Weaver to win. But that is just my opinion.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

IT IS GETTING HOT IN HERE
Mike Killbreath
Mike Killbreath Are the two Dons friends?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark The old Don wouldn't even return his phone call.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David Forsmark No David my Sister-In-law and I DON'T think a Electrician can do plumbing, but Don Pfeiffer do. That is evident when he publicly tells the people he owns a construction company, and he can have the pipes fixed in 2-years, without telling them how. It is your guy Don Pfeiffer, who wants the people to think he is the Jack of All Trades, but the number of times that the people have rejected/,denied him in his unsuccessful attempt's to become an Elected Republican Official, proves he is a master of none. So, who's the DECEIVER you or Don Pfeifer or both?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark You want me to bring up Art Busch and Tom Joubran?

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David Forsmark You said the old "DON" wouldn't return Pfeiffer's hone call, so are you admitting that Pfeiffer tried to reach out to the "Don" ?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Candidates reach out to everyone, genius.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David Forsmark David, you can NOT bring up anything concerning these two people and myself, that the news media haven't already wrote about over 72 times. So what's your point?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark You asked me when you were ever in the media. I didn't bring it up.

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Kind of a silly question, for someone brilliant enough to figure out the conspiracy above.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David Forsmark NO, David you are WRONG, there are candidates who REFUSE to compromise their integrity and morals. I can see that your guy, Don Pfeifer is NOT one nd he puts MONEY 1st and fails to guard his integrity and morals. Now I am about to leave and if you choose we can continue our conversation when I return. Be Blessed

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Like Scott Kincaid hiding where his money is coming from by having 50K in anti-Weaver commercials paid for by fake PACs with PO Box return addresses?

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David, again I say to you get your facts right. Because what you are saying IS JUST NOT TRUE. I got to go, Talk to you later. be Blessed

David Forsmark
David Forsmark And you sitting in a building OWNED BY DON WILLIAMSON to help with Scott Kincaid's campaign?

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David, you are WRONG again I haven't stepped my foot in a building owned by Don and I am sure as hell NOT sitting in one.

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Donna Ashburn-Poplar the facts are undeniable. These people have to file papers with the stations they buy spots on. So, unlike you, I will offer evidence. People can look at Opportunity for Michigan and Great Lakes Renaissance for themselves. And this is only the Channel 12 portion. https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/.../3d548e98-8792-129e-f33f.../
WJRT-TV - TV Station Profile - FCC Public Inspection Files
Some of the files found in these folders may contain terms, abbreviations or other language that require explanation for a full understanding of the documents. If so, these explanations should be found in the Terms and Disclosures folder.
PUBLICFILES.FCC.GOV

David Forsmark
David Forsmark Kincaid's HQ is in the old 599 building. He is renting from The Don.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar Has NOTHING to with me.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 19 mins

David Forsmark You claim ignorance about landlords a LOT dontcha?

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David, there is NO secret that Kincaid is leasing psace from Local 599 Union Hall, that is owned by Don Williamson, and Karen Weaver is leasing space in the Old Downtown Citizen bank owned by Williamson. So, once again WHAT is your point? If yo ever figure it out let me know.
le
Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David, I am NOT an Elected Official, and Don Williamson have never done a damn thing for me. You are getting me confused with Council Woman Jackie Poplar who Don Williams supported 12-years ago and haven't since, because Councilwoman Jackie Poplar would NOT bow down, and dance to his music. I advise you to get your darn FACTS Right before you ever again commit on my page.

David Forsmark
David Forsmark corrected. Common mistake. You were in the news a lot yourself.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David Forsmark what ever I was in the news for didn't have a darn thing to do with me being a sell-out to the "Don" OOPS the news media didn't write this.

David Forsmark
David Forsmark You seriously want me to answer that?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark You were involved in a conspiracy with a LOT more evidence than you present in your above ravings.

Donna Ashburn-Poplar
Donna Ashburn-Poplar David I haven't deleted any of my answers and my question still remains the same what is your point? You and all the rest of your sick friends wish I was a coward. But a coward I am NOT. I am a BOLD Woman , who DON'T fear you. So again WHAT is your point?

David Forsmark
David Forsmark If you want a conspiracy, why don't you find out why Kincaid's anti-Weaver commercials come from an ad agency that brags about placing cable ads for Donald Trump, and from a PR firm who brags he was "recruited into government by John Engler?
L
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Could this be the origin of those offensive mailers???

Michigan Radio logo 91.7 FM - Ann Arbor/Detroit
104.1 FM - West Michigan
91.1 FM - Flint Donate

The Michigan Voter Project

New campaign mailers add peer pressure, but can they increase voter participation?
By STATESIDE STAFF • NOV 4, 2014
Photo of junk mail.
JUDITH E. BELL / FLICKR
Listen Listening...7:53
Among the campaign mailers from different candidates, some voters in Michigan received something a little different: a postcard telling them whether they voted in a previous election and which of their neighbors did or didn’t vote.

One such flyer reads:

“Because we keep track of every individual voter, when you skip an election, we worry it could become a habit – a bad habit we want you to break. We’ll be looking for you at the polls Tuesday.”

This tactic adds a sense of peer pressure to the voting process, but does it actually increase voter participation?

Political consultant Mark Grebner discusses these postcards with us. He tells us how this group knows about your voting habits, and whether you should be worried if you received a postcard like this. He also tells us about the group behind these mailers, The Michigan Voter Project.

*Listen to our conversation with Mark Grebner above.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: