FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: CCNA meeting 01/24/06

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

FLINT CITIZEN- By: Terry Bankert 01/25/06
I attended the College Cultural Neighborhood Association (CCNA ) meeting 01/24/06 at the MCCC Auditorium. CNNA is a non profit

CCNA mission statement “ We promote our urban neighborhood and raise awareness of political, governmental, social and environmental issues concerning ourselves and other Flint Neighborhood groups....

Speakers were Sara Mcdonnell re: Gilkey Creek study, Peter Dobrenzniecki City of Flint Finance Director, Cathy Dowd assistant City of Flint Attorney talking about Civil infraction ordinances and nuisances, Kay Kelly on the Community Policing Millage Proposal, City of Flint Police Chief Gary Hagler on Safety and Policing, Jim Ananich 7th Ward council person on ward concerns.

A vote yes flyer “ Vote yes for a safer Flint Community” was distributed by Chief Hagler. This flyer said “ A yes vote to renew the community Policing Millage Proposal will keep 40 Police Officers on our streets”

Judge Theilie, Marble and McAra we present and all presented themselves eloquently. Judge Theilie was asked about his campaign and responded with an invitation to all to join in his effort. Email Terry Bankert I will get it too him.

100 people were present.

Peter Dobrenzniecki said”
1. City has 6.1 million surplus 30 days reserves
2.80 million cash on hand
3. Flint bond rating is going up
4.City has received a national award on budgeting
5.Reducing employees was the key
6.City has the ability to repay 100 million in debt if it chose to, there are 3.19 in untapped milage, water fund and sewer fund are okay
7.Mayor and council are working together.
8.appeal to community to let us know how you want city resources shifted during the next budget cycle.
9. The loss of Delphi will result in a loss of 100,000 per month to the city
10. GM flattens its empty building to not have to pay property taxes.

Chief Hagle said:
1. He listed services the current milage that is up for renewal offers and says they will be lost if the millage fails.
2.talked about he vision for growth of the Flint Police department
3. Flint has 20,000 outstanding Misdemeanor warrants

Tony Palidino of the Flint Nuisance task force said
1. Flint needs an ombudsman
2.He presented a police lack of response event that recently happened in Kearsly Park to Chief Hagler.

Cathty Dowd with Judge McAra assisting from the crown talk about the new civil infraction ordinances that will assist in cleaning up Flints NBH

Jim Ananich talked about a list of nbh concern that he is working on and solicited comments. He said he returns his call within 24 hours email jananich@cityofflint.com

Ananich announced he had helped put together a forum on the Ombudsman an announced Terry Bankert will promote the keep the ombudsman vote.

Becky P from the audience asked why the ballots question were confusing in that you vote yes to keep the milage but vote no to keep the ombudsman. Ananich agreed this was confusing and several others in the crowd agreed.
–end this meeting discussion—
FLINT CITIZEN INTERNET ADVOCACY REPORT (FCIA)
1. Ted is doing some yard signs
2. I will meet Sat 10 am in my office 1000 Beach st Flint MI to discuss and act on forming a milage committee. To raise a small amount of money then properly report it. All are welcome
This will be one of the few on the ground meeting of FCIA. As always FCIA is a 24/7 committee meeting. I will post the meeting results and ask for comment for 24 hrs then modify, announce and act.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO RAISE COMMUNITY AWARNESS ON THE NEED TO KEEP THE OMBUDSMAN BY VOTING NO ON PROPOSITION 2

Then post your efforts to let others know. FCIA enrolled members are 16 but several more have bookmarked and are following this site. Members can add to the FCIA calendar, please do so.
DO NOT WAIT TO FOLLOW, JUST LEAD.....
Thank you
Terry Bankert 01/25/06
_____

The Flint Citizen is a publication of Attorney Terry R. Bankert (Family Law, divorce with children $700.00, without $500.00) of Flint Michigan USA.
Weekly blog
http://enewsblog.com/terrybankert/
e- legal advice at
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
Posting regularly on Flint Talk
http://www.flinttalk.com/
Moderator of Flint Citizen Internet Internet Advocacy (FCIA)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintcitizen/
vita
http://enewsblog.com/terrybankert/post/2005-11-08_04:52:35/

Terry R. Bankert P.C., 1000 Beach St., Flint MI 48503 810.235.1970 fax 234-5080
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: