FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New lawsuit about Weaver's ethics and staff-
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Instrument: 201311180015762 Volume Page:
Document Type: Bus Reg
Business Name:
AAK CONSTRUCTION DEMOLITION
Address: 3731 WORCHESTER DRIVE,FLINT , MI 48503
Owner Name:
TIMMONS, WILLIE FRANK
GILCREAST, AONIE
Expiration Date: 11/18/2018

Instrument: 200604282098121 Volume Page: AN 200601545
Document Type: Bus Reg
Business Name:
GILCREAST REAL ESTATE & INVESTMENTS
Address: 1413 HIGHLAND MEADOWS,FLINT , MI 48532
REAL ESTATE & INVESTMENTS,GILCREAST
INVESTMENTS,GILCREAST REAL ESTATE &
Owner Name:
BROWN-GILCREAST, BETTY LOUISE
Expiration Date: 04/28/2011

Instrument: 200012202123867 Volume Page: CP 200000069
Document Type: Bus Reg Co Partnership
Business Name:
FG&S INVESTMENTS
Address: 4322 E MT MORRIS ROAD,MOUNT MORRIS , MI 48458
INVESTMENTS,FG&S
Owner Name:
GILCREAST, FRANCES
GILCREAST, AONIE
Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FG & S is not incorporated in the State of Michigan and their DBA had lapsed. Why Frances Gilcreast used this entity is debatable.

I worry about Frank Timmons going into a business relationship with Gilcreast, especially for a demolition company. AAK (African American Kings ) has been Frank's company for many years and he is an honorable man. With all of this council upheaval over Gilcreast, I am afraid it will impact Frank. Joyce, his wife, needs prayers and not emotional upheaval while she is ill.

I was surprised about the real estate investment company.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

[quote="untanglingwebs"]T
Weaver shows a $200 dollar donation from a PM Support at 121 W. Elgin in East Lansing. That is the only information given, except for a notation that it is not a corporation.

I could not locate a company in E. Lansing by that name nor could I locate the street. I went to Ingham County and did a property search and that address did not exist on their records. On a hunch I tried Allegan st and found karoub Scheik & Garcia Inc. What that entry means is anyone's guess. Is PM for property management?

Note: Subsequent entries reveal the correct address is 121 W. Allegan and the source of the donations was Karoub PAC.

The many errors, typos and just plain careless recording makes a case for flyspecking the records. I didn't do much with Walling because everything was spelled out clearly. Here the typos often make totals wrong. There should not be multiple requests for corrections and amendments by the county. The haphazard condition of the records makes a case for possible deceit.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:15 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Talk about throwing a Church under the bus. The reports show Christ the King Church reimbursing the campaign $400 for food for a prayer breakfast (2-16-16). When was the Prayer Breakfast? Records are so bad, I am not sure when this function was held and why is the Church paying to reimburse a political committee. Other individuals and the committee are paying for prayer breakfasts, but were they also fundraisers?

Did this campaign make things up as they went along?
Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:27 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FLINT (WJRT) - (01/15/16) - A Mid-Michigan ambulance company is expanding so it will be able to respond more quickly to the needs of its patients.

For the past few years, Universal EMS has stationed its ambulances at two Flint fire stations. Now, it's adding Flint Fire Station Number One - a very busy spot.

Universal EMS officially began offering ambulance service with a ribbon cutting at the downtown Flint fire station. The company will occupy a bay and living quarters for four people. It will provide emergency transport services and assist the Flint Fire Department with medical emergencies.

Universal EMS believes it will be able to cut response time if its ambulance follows fire trucks to the scene.

"People were suffering and not getting the critical care they needed as soon as they could get it," said Judy Ekong, Universal EMS vice president.

"When the fire bell sounds and there's an emergency and the fire truck is on the road, we are behind it," said Benson Ekong, Universal EMS president.

While that ambulance is responding, another Universal EMS rig will relocate to Fire Station Number One.
Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint, Michigan News, Weather, Sports | ABC12 WJRT

Efforts to boost development, research in Flint get support

Posted: Tue 7:17 AM, Oct 04, 2016

FLINT, Mich. (AP) - (10/04/16) - Efforts to boost economic development and research in Flint are getting support from the U.S. Economic Development Administration.

Officials announced Monday that Kettering University received $1.9 million for completion of phase two of the Kettering University GM Mobility Research Center. Work will begin in the spring and includes a low-speed road course with elevation and surface changes and other features.

The University of Michigan-Flint received $400,000 to establish a University Center for Community and Economic Development. And the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce has received nearly $200,000 to create a brownfield redevelopment accelerator.

In a statement, the EDA's Assistant Secretary Jay Williams says that the investments "support Flint's initiatives to grow the local economy and provide employment opportunities for the local workforce which helps strengthen the country's global competitiveness."
Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:20 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Is this another State sponsored Public-Private partnership? It started under Walling and now will expand. What about the Genesee County Paramedic tax Flint residents pay

What about the previous administrations allowing Stat EMS to infringe on the historic district in order to expand? Is this an unfair advantage? Several months ago, I saw one ambulance company dominate as a county paramedic and another ambulance company arrived late and they left. Ambulance companies now roam and park in church parking lots and other places in order to catch call instead o being housed in their business locations. Once this was against the rules established by the county.

Is this unfair compeition?

On 12/2/15 Ekong Benson, owner of Universal donated $1,000 to Mayor Karen Weaver's campaign fund. On the same day former Ombudsman and former Flint councilman, Darryl Buchanan also donated $1,000 as a Universal EMS administrator.

On 9/29/16, Judith Ekong, also an owner in Universal EMS, donated another $500 to Weaver's campaign.

No wonder Stat EMS also donated. Will they be forced out of Flint?
Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This was posted 10 months ago on the WJRT Tv 12 site. I totally agree and wonder why the media has not written about this.

pprobst99 • 10 months ago
so universal thinks they can come in and push out the direct dispatch that has been put in place. how is this even allowed. so what are the other companies suppose to do now. this is a major violation of the county direct dispatch. this is why direct dispatch was put in so everything was equal to all companies. and to top it off how can benson be allowed to be on flint fire when he moved his offices down to fenton now. seems fishy....
Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:37 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Genesee County Medical Control Authority
gcmca.org/
Genesee County Medical Control Authority ... The GCMCA is the oversight for the EMS system in Genesee ... the Genesee County Board of Commissioners.
Protocols
In the links below you will find the most current protocols outlining ...
Genesee County Medical ...
The EMS Personnel Responsibilities protocol ...
New Agency Questionnaire - 5 ...
Questionnaire for Provider Applicants. Please provide the ...
Acronym 1-10-14.pdf
Genesee County Medical Control Authority. System Protocols ...
Genesee County Medical ...
EMS system in Genesee County, and ... Medical Center, Hurley ...
Upcoming events
Events and Trainings for CEs. GCMCA MCI Trailer.
More results from gcmca.org »

Nigerian Benson Ekong heads up Universal EMS, Genesee County's ...
www.mlive.com/flintjournal/business/index.../nigerian_benson_ekong_heads_up.html
Jun 3, 2008 - He connected with a medical equipment supplier, took classes in ... executive director of the Genesee County Medical Control Authority, which ... The Genesee County Board of Commissioners wants to a change to how its ..
(got a 404 message on the Journal site as story no longer available)

What is county doing with our paramedic money that Pickell took control of? And why are the commissioners allowing this?
Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:02 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Former city attorney alleges illegal acts by Flint mayor in new lawsuit

Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com By Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on April 03, 2017 at 8:43 PM, updated April 03, 2017 at 8:52 PM

FLINT, MI -- Former City Attorney Stacy Erwin Oakes claims she was fired after she spoke out about illegal activities committed by the City of Flint and Mayor Karen Weaver.

Erwin Oakes, a Saginaw County resident, made the claims in a lawsuit filed Monday, April 3, in Detroit U.S. District Court. It alleges violations of the state's whistleblower protections act, allegations of retaliation for exercising her First Amendment Rights and violations of state public policy.

Weaver and the city are named as defendants.

Officials in Weaver's office could not be immediately reached for comment on the allegations. She and the city have not yet filed a response to the claims.

The lawsuit claims Erwin Oakes "became aware and spoke out against perceived illegal and actual illegal acts" committed by Weaver and the city.

Erwin Oakes claims she provided information to city and state officials, as well as the state-appointed Receivership Transition Advisory Board.

She was fired after she communicated concerns about "decisions being made using political consideration and fraudulent activities to impose financial obligations on the City," according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit, although scant on details, claims Erwin Oakes reported multiple suspected and actual violations of law, including:

Erwin Oakes' refusal to sign "fraudulent legal documents."

Objections from Erwin Oakes to approve a retroactive contract for the director of the Flint Action and Sustainability Team, which city press releases claim coordinates pipe replacement "activities between the City of Flint, state and federal departments and agencies, and other stakeholders," in violation of Internal Revenue Service rulings.

And the objection to the "illegal access" of an unnamed advisor of Weaver.

Kathleen Bogas, attorney for Erwin Oakes, could not be reached for comment on the case.

However, Bogas confirmed to the Detroit Free Press that the unnamed advisor in the lawsuit is Aonie Gilcreast.

Gilcreast started as a volunteer, but the mayor has since sought a $120,000 contract for him.

His presence and influence at city hall have drawn questions as he has sat in on job interviews with prospective city employees and performance reviews of current employees.

Concerns raised over influence of volunteer mayoral advisor in Flint

Concerns raised over influence of volunteer mayoral advisor in Flint

Flint City Council members want to know how much influence one of the mayor's advisors has at City Hall.

Weaver previously said Gilcreast has not violated any city policies and declined to answer questions about him.

Erwin Oakes was appointed as city attorney in March 2016 and served in that role until January.

The city has offered little information as to why Erwin Oakes was fired, but a termination letter obtained by MLive-The Flint Journal through the Freedom of Information Act showed Weaver questioned Erwin Oakes' ability to lead city staff.

"The effectiveness of your management and oversight of the City of Flint's Legal Department is questionable and I lack confidence in your leadership," says the Jan. 3 termination notice signed by Weaver.

Flint mayor questioned Stacy Erwin Oakes' leadership as city attorney

Flint mayor questioned Stacy Erwin Oakes' leadership as city attorney

Oakes was fired Jan. 3 from her post in Flint. Weaver's administration has not publicly discussed the reason for her termination.

However, Erwin Oakes claims in her lawsuit that Weaver "has established a policy, custom and practice of retaliating against employees."

The city attorney's position has been a source of controversy during Weaver's short tenure as mayor.

City records show Flint officials agreed to pay $56,000 to keep the interim city attorney who was running the office prior to Erwin Oakes' appointment from going public with claims of racial discrimination against Weaver.

City records show Flint officials agreed to pay $56,000 to keep a former city attorney from going public with claims of racial discrimination against Mayor Karen Weaver.

Documents obtained in July by MLive-The Flint Journal through the Freedom of Information Act show the city agreed to pay former Interim City Attorney Anthony Chubb in exchange for his promise not to sue the city or publicly disclose the terms of the agreement.

Chubb served as the interim city attorney following former City Attorney Pete Bade's resignation at the beginning of 2016. He served in the interim capacity until Mayor Karen Weaver appointed Stacy Erwin Oakes as the new city attorney.

He was made deputy chief legal officer when Erwin Oakes started her appointment March 28.

However, a day before Erwin Oakes started with the city, records obtained from the city show Chubb emailed Weaver, then-Chief Financial Officer Jody Lundquist, Erwin Oakes and an attorney contracted by the city and threatened to file a lawsuit against the city over his demotion.

"As I set forth in our previous conversation, it is clear that I am more qualified to serve as the Chief Legal Officer than your appointment," Chubb wrote to Weaver. "Whether your determination is a result of my allegation that you are violating City ordinances, or the simple fact that I am not consistent with the racial composition of your new leadership team, this is unjust and illegal."

The email does not outline specifically what ordinances Chubb claims Weaver was violating.

Chubb and Erwin Oakes aren't the only former city employees to allege violations of the law by Weaver.

Henderson filed a federal lawsuit May 9 in Detroit U.S. District Court claiming she was fired from her position after she claimed she asked the city attorney's office to investigate claims Weaver may have been telling city staff and volunteers to send potential water crisis donations to her own personal account, rather than the fund managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

Former City Administrator Natasha Henderson filed a federal lawsuit May 9 in Detroit U.S. District Court alleging she was fired from her position after she claimed she asked the city attorney's office to investigate claims Weaver may have been telling city staff and volunteers to send potential water crisis donations to her own personal account, rather than the fund managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

In June 2016, attorney Brendon Basiga, who was hired by the city to conduct an investigation into Henderson's allegations, said his investigation could not corroborate Henderson's claims against the mayor.

Weaver has denied any wrongdoing.

Henderson's case is still pending in federal court.
Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Weaver says she asked Snyder's aide for state funds to pay embattled advisor

Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com By Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com
on May 24, 2017 at 7:00 AM, updated May 24, 2017 at 7:05 AM
Stay connected to MLive.com

FLINT, MI -- Mayor Karen Weaver says she asked a top aide to Gov. Rick Snyder for the money to put her volunteer chief advisor and former campaign manager on the city's payroll.

Weaver, answering questions during a February deposition tied to a civil lawsuit filed by former city administrator Natasha Henderson, said she spoke to Richard Baird, senior advisor to Snyder, and asked for money needed to pay Aonie Gilcreast, whom she described as her chief advisor.

"I said, Rich, I've been trying to get volunteers paid. I've had General (Michael) McDaniel, who volunteered for the FAST Start program. He'd given six months of free service, and we got him on the payroll because we needed him," Weaver testified.

"I said. I've had Kathy Hoffman, who works for Waymire & Associates ... volunteered (her) time for almost eight months. We try -- we need to get these people paid ... I said, I've had Gil volunteering for a year, we're trying to get him paid."

Documents show Flint planned to pay mayoral advisor $120K a year

Documents show Flint planned to pay mayoral advisor $120K a year

A series of emails, letters and a professional service agreement showed Weaver had plans to hire Aonie Gilcreast with an annual salary of more than $100,000 plus benefits with funds from the state, according to documents secured by The Flint Journal from a Freedom of Information Act request.

"I asked them (the state) to pay him," the mayor said in her sworn statement.

Weaver said she never brought up a figure she wanted to pay Gilcreast, who continues to work in a volunteer capacity for the city, and said Baird "came up with an amount and discussed it."

"What did he suggest?" Weaver was asked in her deposition.

"He suggested 120," she said.

Baird denied that he recommended a specific compensation for Gilcreast, according to Anna Heaton, press secretary for Snyder.

Flint's mayor looks to put adviser on payroll using state funds

Flint's mayor looks to put adviser on payroll using state funds

Gov. Rick Snyder's spokeswoman Anna Heaton confirmed the state got word Weaver wants to put Aonie Gilcreast on the city's payroll.

But Baird did advise Weaver that "she could use existing funds granted to the city by the state to hire advisers of her choosing, so long as it was approved by City Council."

Gilcreast said Tuesday, May 23, that the proposal never moved forward because of resistance from the City Council.

"They were complaining about my volunteering (then) said they weren't going to approve the money" either, he said. "It (funding for the position) hasn't come up no more."

MLive-The Flint Journal could not reach Weaver for comment, but in her deposition, she said she needed to build up administrative capacity in the city after emergency managers appointed by the state stripped out important positions in city government prior to her election in November 2015.

The Journal reported in February and March about efforts to hire Gilcreast, including emails, letters and a professional service agreement that detailed those attempts.

Documents obtained by The Journal through the Freedom of Information Act showed that at one time Gilcreast's employment would have cost $120,000 annually.

In addition to being a local businessman, Gilcreast has been in Flint politics for decades, working on the campaigns of former Flint mayors Jim Sharp and Woodrow Stanley.

His wife, Frances, has been a long-time leader of the Flint branch of the NAACP.

Council members have questioned Aoine Gilcreast's qualifications for holding a top administrative position in city hall, but his influence there has been clear.

He's been involved in crucial meetings on behalf of Weaver and in her deposition, the mayor called Gilcreast "my chief advisor," someone who spends about three hours in her office daily and whom she meets with "probably close to every day."

City Councilman Scott Kincaid, in his own deposition in the same case, was asked who Gilcreast was.

"He's the mayor," Kincaid said, laughing at his own remark, according to a court transcript.

"Let me answer it this way: I don't spend a lot of time down in the mayor's office, so I don't know how much time he spends in the mayor's office, (but) I know he is involved in advising the mayor on a regular basis," Kincaid said.

Henderson filed a federal lawsuit May 9, 2016, in Detroit U.S. District Court claiming she was fired from her position after asking the city attorney's office to investigate claims Weaver may have told city staff and volunteers to send potential water crisis donations to an account she and her supporters created rather than a fund managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

Henderson was hired to a five-year contract by Earley in February 2015 and given very broad powers through an emergency manager's order to oversee day-to-day business in Flint even the departure of the emergency manager.

She clashed in a power struggle with Weaver, and on Feb. 12, 2016, she was "relieved of her responsibilities" by the mayor, a decision the City Council agreed to a month later.

In her lawsuit, Henderson alleges defamation and claims Weaver wrongfully terminated her in violation of the Whistleblowers Protection Act and the First Amendment.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mayor believed state official orchestrated Flint city government shakeup
Ron Fonger
rfonger1@mlive.com
on May 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM
FLINT, MI -- Just days after her election in November 2015, Mayor Karen Weaver was locked in a power struggle that kept her from replacing holdover administrators inside City Hall.

Then, she said in a court deposition in January, she believes she got a little help from Lansing.

In testimony in a civil lawsuit filed against the city and Weaver by former city administrator Natasha Henderson, Weaver said she met with Gov. Rick Snyder and his staff shortly after her election, telling him "it was very difficult to keep certain people" her new administration.

Within 30 days, the mayor got what she wanted -- resignations from former city attorney Peter Bade and Department of Public Works director Howard Croft -- moves she said came after "the person from the Governor's Office talked with (Croft) and talked with (Bade) about them resigning."

Henderson filed a federal lawsuit May 9 in Detroit U.S. District Court claiming she was fired from her position after she claimed she asked the city attorney's office to investigate claims Weaver may have been telling city staff and volunteers to send potential water crisis donations to her own personal account, rather than the fund managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

Weaver said former deputy state treasurer Wayne Workman told her he would meet with Croft and Bade even though the Michigan Department of Treasury's day-to-day oversight of the city had ended months earlier.

Flint had been run by a series of state-appointed emergency managers from 2011 until April 2015.

Weaver and Henderson, who had been given a five-year, $700,000 contract by former emergency manager Darnell Earley, had clashed immediately after the November 2015 election over who had the authority to replace department heads and executives inside city hall.

Then came the meeting with the governor.

That kind of shakeup -- typical when a new mayor is elected in Flint -- isn't in City Administrator Natasha Henderson's immediate plans.

"Who asked him (Bade) to resign?" Weaver was asked in her deposition.

"I believe -- I believe Wayne Workman, but I was not there," the mayor said.

Spokeswomen for Weaver and Snyder declined to comment on the testimony, citing the ongoing litigation, and MLive-The Flint Journal could not immediately reach Workman through the Department of Treasury or the Governor's Office for comment.

Bade, now an attorney for Hurley Medical Center, said in an email to The Journal that Workman never asked him to resign but said the deputy treasurer was aware that he had already submitted a letter of resignation to Henderson.

Meet new Flint city administrator Natasha Henderson, awarded 5-year contract

In his own deposition in the Henderson case, Bade said Workman brought a message about how the fight for control of the city hall would shake out.

Bade said in his testimony that Workman told him "it's probably time that we all, you know, let Flint ... go back to local control."

"This was -- couldn't have been more of a stark contrast ... with the approach of the state up until that point in time," Bade said in his deposition."And so it signaled to me quite loudly that, you know, notwithstanding everything that had been done that -- in particular notwithstanding the emergency manager orders in place, changes were going to be made in favor of the mayor ...

"It struck me as -- as that the governor was not going to stick to (the) objective of seeking out highly qualified people to run Flint, Michigan."

Henderson filed a federal lawsuit May 9, 2016, in Detroit U.S. District Court, claiming she was fired from her position after asking the city attorney's office to investigate claims Weaver may have told city staff and volunteers to send potential water crisis donations to an account she and her supporters created rather than a fund managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

Henderson was hired to a five-year contract by Earley in February 2015 and given very broad powers through an emergency manager's order to oversee day-to-day business in Flint even the departure of the emergency manager.

On Feb. 12, 2016, she was "relieved of her responsibilities" by Weaver, a decision the city council agreed to a month later.

In her lawsuit, Henderson alleges defamation and claims Weaver wrongfully terminated her in violation of the Whistleblowers Protection Act and the First Amendment.

Croft, the department head responsible for oversight of Flint water operations, resigned Nov. 16, and Bade announced Dec. 3 that he had tendered his resignation.

Alex Rusek, an attorney representing Croft against charges of criminal wrongdoing related to the water crisis, said his client declined to comment "about the ongoing litigation between Ms. Henderson and the city and Mayor Weaver and the circumstances of his resignation as he is not a party to that lawsuit."

Workman was a key figure in Flint while emergency managers ran the city from 2011 until 2015.

Those managers reported to the Treasury Department about finances and other matters, and Workman was deputy treasurer for local government services.

In 2014, Earley asked for Workman's help in "dealing with" city Councilman Eric Mays, whom Earley had once described as "loud, disruptive and obnoxious."

Earley told Workman in an email that he needed his "support in dealing with councilman Mays as prescribed in PA 436," the state's emergency manager law.

Weaver said in her deposition that she was not aware of Workman's authority to request resignations from city employees but said she saw the results of the state's intervention.

"I just assumed (the meetings occurred) because I knew they were leaving," she said.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint mayor says she never agreed to $4,500 payment to Councilman Eric Mays
l
Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com By Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com
on May 25, 2017 at 6:00 AM, updated May 25, 2017 at 6:05 AM

FLINT, MI -- Mayor Karen Weaver says she was never told before a $4,500 damage settlement was paid to a Flint city councilman who claimed he was unlawfully arrested during a council meeting last year.

"Actually after I found ... out about that I asked the current interim city attorney to get all of that information and show me anything that has gone out," Weaver said of the payout during a February deposition tied to a civil lawsuit filed against her and the city by former city administrator Natasha Henderson.

Mays, who has been a vocal supporter of Weaver on the council, was given $4,500 after former city attorney Stacy Erwin Oakes approved the payment, Weaver said in her sworn testimony.

"I really lost confidence in her judgement as a leader for the legal department ... because she was not keeping me informed" of things like that, the mayor said in her statement.

City pays councilman $4,500 after he was taken out of meeting in handcuffs

City pays councilman $4,500 after he was taken out of meeting in handcuffs

A Flint city council member received a $4,500 payment from the city after he was removed by police from a council meeting during a discussion over the city's contentious garbage contract.

MLive-The Flint Journal could not immediately reach Erwin Oakes for comment on Weaver's remarks but she has previously defended the settlement with Mays, claiming City Council President Kerry Nelson did not follow council rules in calling for police to remove Mays, and that it was improper for police to handcuff the councilman and remove him from council chambers.

Mays was led from the meeting, taken down to the first floor in city hall in an elevator and released.

He said Wednesday, May 24, that Erwin Oakes did the right thing in settling the claim he filed.

"I think the city attorney made a good decision because it could have been ten times more," Mays said. "That damage claim could have been thirty or forty thousand dollars in damage to the city."

Former City Attorney Stacy Erwin Oakes claims she was fired after she spoke out about illegal activities committed by the City of Flint and Mayor Karen Weaver.

Erwin Oakes sued after she was fired from her job as city attorney in January, and Weaver has not publicly discussed the reason for her termination previously.

In her termination letter, obtained by MLive-The Flint Journal through the Freedom of Information Act, the mayor also questioned Erwin Oakes' leadership.

Asked again why she fired Erwin Oakes during her deposition, Weaver made similar comments about the attorney.

Weaver's deposition is related to another city hall firing -- the dismissal of Henderson just months after Weaver became the first woman elected mayor of Flint in November 2015.

Henderson filed a federal lawsuit against the city and the mayor on May 9, 2016, in Detroit U.S. District Court, claiming defamation, wrongful termination, and violation of the Whistleblowers Protection Act and the First Amendment.
Post Thu May 25, 2017 7:38 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Go to this site and read the documents. Weaver's actions were found to be unethical! Great going Jiquanda! Flint needs to support Flint beat!

Jiquanda Johnson shared Flint Beat's post.
Yesterday at 11:39am

Flint Beat
Yesterday at 11:38am
Here are documents from the Natasha Henderson and Flint Mayor Karen Weaver lawsuit including Weaver's deposition regarding claims that she diverted Flint water crisis funds into an account started by her supporters. #unfiltered #FlintBeat

Read the documents surrounding a whistleblower lawsuit against Flint Mayor Karen Weaver – Flint Beat
Henderson, who was hired by former…
FLINTBEAT.COM
Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:30 pm 
Admin010
F L I N T O I D

Not a couple have condemned President Jonathan for mobilizing the constituent procedure given the remarkable downpour of military work force in the Osun decisions, however similar individuals would have required the president's head if lawfulness separated after these races. For me, it is ideal to fail in favor of alert than to cry when the take is off, and the individuals who know the brutality that becomes the overwhelming focus after decisions in this nation ought to thank the President for being proactive. I trust we ought not imagine that what works somewhere else will work here. Truth be told, to everything, we have our own particular hues. On the off chance that all we have to guarantee free and reasonable races without gore is to have military nearness everywhere, so be it; at any rate until we discover that competing for political office or any position of specialist doesn't request fall back on ruthlessness, executing and disfiguring.
Thanks& regards,
Angel anave
election equipment |
ballot boxes
Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: