FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Dan Bowers story-I hate being a victim!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This individual bragged that he was Mexican Mafia. Judge Hayman offered to decline the case as he had represented the man in a criminal case as a lawyer. The man was convicted of robbing and beating an elderly man in Clio. The District Court did not want to prosecute. The man's lawyer represented other Cobra gang members. The chief prosecutor sabotaged his own case by bringing in the girlfriend of the head Cobra in Flint as an alleged witness against the crime watch coordinator. The witness came into the court dressed in what some called an inappropriate manner. The Prosecutor claimed he relied on the police after the female came forward and never knew her gang affiliation. The man's real girlfriend lived on Montana.

Women were disappearing on the east side and usually had some kind of drug connection. After this conviction, the disappearances ceased. A prison cellmate of the man approached the former crime watch person in her yard. He bragged that he had helped dispose of the bodies near kearsley Dam. He later died on a massive dose of heroin.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was in the St Mary's mini-station when a young man and his father came n to report the son sold a car and was never paid. Dad was employed at the Lapeer State Prison. While dad was on the phone with downtown, the son told the crime watch coordinator how shocked he was that she escaped. He related that friends in Lapeer told a story how this man who assaulted her had also dragged a young man out of their home.

It was during this time that Prosecutor Arthur Busch brought a successful RICO case against the Cobra's. However, just as nature abhors a void, so do gangs. Other gangs fought to fill in the vacancy left by the convictions.

I used to photograph graffiti for a Sheriff Deputy, Lee Osborne. I organized the photos from around the county and delivered them to him in a parking lot on the east side. At this time Riverside Drive was open down to Leith. The viaduct was a favorite place for graffiti . The best time to look for graffiti was early was early weekend mornings as the gangs were usually sleeping.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

One weekend was unusual. Rumors always floated around that the Cobra leadership visited in a limo. This time there were guards up on the viaduct on Riverside and elsewhere. Calling Osborne, I told him I was suspicious that something was going on.

At a bar on Lewis Street, i finally saw the elusive white limo. So, I called in the license number. It didn't stay on the east side for long.

Friends of mine were concerned that certain police officers were too tight with "Hercules" a major Cobra. Gangs sometime inform on other gangs but never on their own.

The Rico case revealed how the Democratic party supported youth organization had gang meetings and disciplinary actions conducted in the space behind the center. The kids had to attend meetings and pay weekly dues.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:40 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

In the years before the Rico, an alert went out with photos and descriptions of youth (male and female)identified as "nomads" that were taken in by the Cobras. They were linked to cases where the stole a car on the east side and went into the suburbs, where they committed B & E's before stealing another car and returning to Flint. They were considered family/

After the RICO, there was a stop to new members that were not Hispanic.
Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

They didn't call it "The Dark East Side" for nothing. Rumors of a Satanic group that congregated near the pavilion in Kearsley Park were everywhere as was the 666, pentagrams and satan graffiti. When work was done around the pavilion, it was said they found cat skeletons.

I have to give kate Fields credit for intervening in a bizarre situation. Summoned to the police department late one evening, Fields was assisting a mother recover her missing son. As the story evolved, it fit the strange and troubling stories of the east side. Kate had helped the mother, who worked for a local Catholic Church purchase a home.

According to the mother, she had forgotten her keys to the church and returned home to retrieve them. She told how she found two men in her daughters bedroom with the girl restrained. Black nail polish, candles and other items were on the dresser. She forced them to leave. Her son had let them in.
Post Thu May 25, 2017 8:00 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The young man had come up missing. I was told the State police found him in a trailer. I believe it was in the Holly area. It was said to be filled with snakes in tanks.

Once at the Police Station an unbelievable story unfolded. The boy had been injured in some kind of fight in Lansing. he had been taken to a hospital and treated under a false name. It was said the leader of the duo was planning on sending the boy to a militia training group down south.

The boy spoke of being forced to drink cat's blood in a ritual in the park. True or the product of a troubled mind, it was a disturbing story.
Post Thu May 25, 2017 8:06 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Graffiti found along Delaware Ave. and Arlington sometime around 2007 & 2008:

"Hoes giving up
Fags getting down low=
Cobras all the way."

During the 1990's I kept hearing about an HIV epidemic in the East side and especially among the very young.

Also because the Cobras were so tied in with prostitution, rival gangs called them the Hobras.
Post Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

During the Williamson administration, Potter School was hit with graffiti very high up on the building. They actually had video of someone who appeared to be teaching younger writers how to write the graffiti. I had to laugh when school officials feared someone was going to bomb them because of the cartoon like round bomb with the fuse lit was on the building. had to tell them they were already bombed, a term used by the graffiti artists when they painted the building.

The east side had more graffiti than other areas. Some graffiti was truly beautiful, while some was just crap. The Cobra's had some of the best. The Williams Pool had large cobra's by Juicy that had a Chinese dragon like flair and were magnificent.

Hispanc groups strive for more artistic gang graffiti while other groups usually just kind o just throw the signs up haphazardly.
Post Sat May 27, 2017 4:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: