FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Weed and Seed and Arlington Heights Meetings today

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford

Just thought I'd report on the meetings today.

First was the East Side Weed and Seed. I guess they have some money to give out for community programs now. I'm sure that will be beneficial to the community. About 4 Flint Police sargeants are going to a gang training conference and will get certified so that should be good. I saw the famed Rapunzel at both meetings so that was cool. Smile

At the Arlington Heights meeting I was surprised how bad some neighborhoods are. I'm a little insulated where I live from the prostitution, gang and drug activity. There are some very brave and risk taking people that are basically risking their lives doing community patrols. They could use some borrowed vehicles if anyone is willing. The gang members and hookers all know who they are and what cars they drive. I'm a little paranoid about loaning out my car but I may do a patrol a month. I'm not willing to really put my life in jeopordy at this point like they are.

The mileages were explained at the Arlington Heights meeting but I predict the Ombudsman will be eliminated. Pretty much all anyone seems to care about is the crime issue which also seems to me like the most pressing issue although I would like to see more job stuff. It seems like me, the gang members and the prostitues are the only hardcore entrepreneurs in this time. Once again I feel like it is me verses 100. It feels like it will be either me or the gang members recruiting more kids but right now I am probably about 1 possibly even to years away from doing any serious hiring. The schools are also tricky to work with so I haven't been able to start anything with them.

webmaster@mysearchisover.com
http://mysearchisover.com
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:00 am 
rapunzel

Adam, It was nice to see you at both meetings. You left before the Meat of the agenda of Weed and Seed. Due to the attendance of the US co-ordindater of the FED program. This was not business as usual.

The Williams school area is just beginning a crime watch and they are taking many risks. Kind of vigilante and Erica from Arlington is trying to guide them into proper safe format. We do have rented cars for police that patrol under guise, this is funded through weed and seed. DO NOT LOAN YOUR VEHICLE TO ANYONE! You could do patrols under guidance from ERICA not the others, as they are learning. The police are scared to do this area, bigger guns not enough support. Like taking a sling shot to an AK47!

If you work with Ismael on teaching children then we shall see about you working with my babies in Flint schools. I am a bit protective. I can hook you up. I have had numerous background checks in every endeavor on working with children. You will too if you want to do anything with students.

Have you set up anything with Ismael? He is funded through MCC. I will wait to hear from him on your progress. You may have left Weed and Seed before we discussed linking crime watches and Mini stations with anonymous crime web sites. We need help with this and is a current goal and may be funded by Fed money. What is your goal? We may be able to reach your goal and mine.
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:55 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: