FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who do you want as Flint Mayor?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Many are espousing the belief that the water controversy will sink Walling. Personally, i bellieve the devastatin report by then StateTtreasurer Andy Dillon about Wallings administration using the water and sewer funds like a general fund candy jar and never creating the required loan damages should be enough to discredit him. Then there is the Michael Freema lawsuit regarding the legality of certain financial transactions. And how can we forget the snafu created with all of the shenanigans in Smith Village?
Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I keep hearing eric mays is running . But then hasn't Eric run for almost every office he can?

Karen Williams Weaver is another name surfacing. Critics point to her support by Gilcreast and Charles Winfrey as negatives.

Wantwaz Davis is also said to be a potential candidate. His support for Larry Noal White is being touted as a negative for any potential candidacy. Some also believe he is too new to politics.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Chief Operating Operator

Ennis Center for Children Inc

Director of Behavioral Health Services

Mott Children's Health Center

Board Memberships and Affiliations

Board Member

Center For Youth & Families

Honorary Trustee

Flint Institute of Arts

10 Total References
Web References

Our Board of Directors
www.prioritychildren.org, 12 Mar 2015 [cached]
Karen Williams Ennis Center for Children

eFund Insurance to Renovate 2 Rooms for Ennis Center for Children | eFund InsuranceeFund Insurance
www.efundinsurance.com, 15 June 2013 [cached]
The renovations will mean a more comfortable, relaxed atmosphere for family visits, which will enhance the parent and child relationship", said Dr. Karen Williams Weaver, Chief Operating Operator for Ennis Center for Children.

Center For Youth & Families - Board
www.ccmorg.org, 24 Oct 2013 [cached]
Karen Williams Ennis Center For Children

Board of Trustees
cfgf.org, 30 June 2012 [cached]
Karen Williams Weaver

The Community Foundation of Greater Flint > Article View
cfgf.org, 1 Aug 2011 [cached]
Joining the board are Stephen Arellano, Program Officer at the Ruth Mott Foundation; An-Me Chung, Program Officer at the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation; Wanda Harden, Public Relations Coordinator at the Flint Public Library; David Lossing, Director of Government Relations at the University of Michigan-Flint; Ardele Shaltz, community volunteer; and Karen Williams Weaver, Director of Behavioral Services at Mott Children's Health Center.
Karen Williams Weaver's connection with CFGF began in the early 1990s as a partner with Smart Start, an initiative funded by the Robert Woods Johnson Foundation which provided program-based health clinics in several area elementary schools. She currently serves as Director of Behavioral Health Services for Mott Children's Health Center, and serves on the boards of Priority Children and the Flint Institute of Arts. She volunteers her time in her children's classrooms, teaches vacation bible school at her church, and enjoys a great passion for the arts. In addition, Karen enjoys working with and for the children and youth of Flint and Genesee County.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Karen Williams Weaver is another name surfacing. Critics point to her support by Gilcreast and Charles Winfrey as negatives.
She is also listed as member of the Board of Managers for Hurley Medical Center, Inc.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=245426168&privcapId=4220582&previousCapId=263424&previousTitle=BIGLARI%20HOLDINGS%20INC
Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:44 pm 
westflint
F L I N T O I D

If Walling get reelected the people of Flint need their heads examined. Not only was there an investigation in 2011 that Walling took money from the water fund to pay his friends that did no work for city. Walling is on the Kerigondi water board and will benifit financially when the pipleline is in place. I feel him being on the Kerigondi project has proven to be a conflict of interest for the people. Now they want to take money from the water fund again to pay debts. Walling states the water is safe for the residents of Flint: if this is so then why is he drinking bottled water at meetings? Why did Human Service install a bottled water tank? Why is no head start giving kids Flint river water anymore. Why is the GM Plant on Van Slyke given permission to go off Flint river water? They just put in new huge water pipes during the Williamson administration on this road so they can't blame failing old pipes for their parts rusting out. This road was out of service for quite a long time while they were doing the work. My they think the residents of this town have no memories.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:05 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: