FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why Flint needs a gang unit!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Maniac Latin Disciples:

identifiers:

Backward swastika
colors are black and blue
heart with horns
initials MLD
raised pitchforks
six pointed star

designated as a Folk nation originally out of Chicago
Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Maniac latin Disciples are said to be rivals of the Spanish Cobras.
Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are many reasons that I question the legitimacy of the Maniac latin Disciple grafitti. It has been my experience that the hispanic and latin gangs have the most artistic grafitti. This grafitti is mostly subpar. The number 5 should have been crossed out or upside down to show disrespect.

They apparently are not cohesive enpugh to have one single name. All in all it appears to be predominantly the work of kids. The 6 pointed stars and some of the other grafitti is well done however.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I remember when the Latin kings hit Flint. Look at a king on a deck of playing cards and then imagine that king expertly drawn and enlarged on a piller of an overpass. Awesome!

The Cobras had a great deal of beautiful grafitti. Elaborate Cobras and other detailed drawings.

I once wondered if the Maniac Ltin Disciples were here in the past as I found figures of hooded monk like figures but I don't remember their origin being identified.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Death Valley Grafitti in Mott park has 666 on the wall of the dark brick building behind it. It reminds me of the days the east side was known as the dark east side. There were stories of satanic rituals being held in kearsley Park. Ayoung male kidnapped by a group was rescued by the State police and whwn intrerviewed , he described in detail alleged incidents of ritual behavior.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The graffiti house at Cambden and Osington has been set on fire. Don't understand why the fire department did not just let it burn . No adjoining houses.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

In a photo from 2004, I noted the fence south of the UAW offices of Region 1C had IVL (Insane Vice Lord) and Zone 5 graffiti. Vice Lords use a 5 pointed star.
Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Hustle Avenue (812) has replaced the Jane Avenue Boys (JAB) in the east side neighborhood east of Lewis, especially along Jane, Mabel, and Belle.

Bennett Avenue, east of franklin still has much graffiti, despite some efforts to cover it up.

The hood in these areas is pathetic. No matter how many houses are demolished, many more are becoming vacant. Somehow money has been allocated for commercial buildings as several have been demolished, especially along Franklin and Broadway.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/04/man_in_critical_condition_foll_11.html
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in critical condition following shooting in Flint

Flint and Michigan State Police as well as a Genesee County Park Ranger respond to the scene where one man was shot on Wednesday, April 15, 2015, near the intersection of Sonny Avenue and Proctor Street in Flint. Flint police said the man is currently in critical condition after being rushed to Hurley Medical Center. Sam Owens | MLive.com

Sam Owens | sowens1@mlive.com
Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com
on April 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM, updated April 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM

FLINT MI -- One man is in critical condition after he was shot Wednesday, April 15, near the intersection of Sonny Avenue and Proctor Street in Flint.

Flint police said the man was taken to Hurley Medical Center following the shooting around 3:45 p.m. on the city's northwest side. There was no suspect description immediately available from police.

A Genesee County Park Ranger and Michigan State Police also responded to the shooting scene. Yellow police tape marked off a four-way intersection at Sonny and Proctor, while small pockets of people gathered around the scene.
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This may not be gang related shooting, however in 2010 this "Merrill Hood" gang area was named as the most dangerous. The gang has several videos out including "Hating on Sonny" which may include this shooting site.
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:27 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Hustle Ave has ventured into the Flushing Ave & Ballenger Hwy area. This area was named as one of the 5 hot spots for the grant in the Mott park/ Kettering designation.

On Sloan, just across from the parking lot of the Save A Lot, is Hustle Ave. Their graffiti is also found on two streets north of Flushing.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

At first I found no attributions as to gang affiliation of Hustle Ave on the East Side. Through the process of elimination it appears they are Bloods. With both broken diamonds and broken 6 point stars, they were not Cobras, Crips or Gangster Disciples. Then there was Cobra graffiti dissing HAB Slobs. Finally, On the front of the old Hideaway Bar, on Lewis near Jane, they had a 5 point star with their HAB. The 8 UP was confusing as it was paired with a downward fork.

8(H) 1(A) 2(B) the 812 graffiti is widespread.

It was interesting to see the old diamond ( cut like in a ring and not like the diamond in a deck of cards) returning along with the formal ISCN (Insane Spanish Cobra nation) in the Olive and Oklahoma area and so very close to HAB.

Flame Gang never put up graffiti . So when I saw the Flame Gang Killer graffiti that has been present for nearly a year with crossed off graffiti that only left the Flame name, I was surprised. The was still a FGK (Flame Gang Killa) close to it. Since Flames are rare and usually a mix of Bloods and Crips, HAB must not be part of the alliance.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

An upset friend called from the Mott Park area. Seems she saw a man in a black hoodie exit a car with a short barrel shotgun.

The police patrols have increased however I notice more b & E's are occurring in this area.
Post Sat May 23, 2015 6:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

https://www.facebook.com/ABC12WJRT?fref=nf

Flint Police Chief angry as homicide, shooting numbers creep up

Updated: Tue 6:29 PM, May 26, 2015

By: Jessica Dupnack - Email

Flint Police Chief James Tolbert talked to ABC12 on Tuesday following the most violent weekend of the year so far. Tolbert was visibly angry about what happened this weekend when we talked to him.

"If I sound like I'm pissed off, I am, because there is no reason to have a weekend like we had," said Flint Police Chief James Tolbert.

FLINT (WJRT) - (05/25/15) - The violence continues in Flint this week.

Tuesday afternoon, a body was discovered in a park on the city's north side.

Police said that during a missing persons investigation, they found the body that hasn't been identified yet.

Police can't say for sure it was a murder, but they tell ABC12 they are investigating it as a homicide.

This could be the twenty-second murder in the city in 2015.

Flint Police Chief James Tolbert talked to ABC12 on Tuesday following the most violent weekend of the year so far. Tolbert was visibly angry about what happened this weekend when we talked to him.

More than a dozen people were shot over the holiday weekend in separate, chaotic scenes across the city.

"If I sound like I'm pissed off, I am, because there is no reason to have a weekend like we had," Tolbert said.

You really can't blame Tolbert for being upset.

From a triple shooting on the east side where one man was killed, to Southwestern Academy where a social gathering erupted in gunfire sending seven people to hospital with gunshot wounds.

Tolbert said the shootings aren't random. They all have something in common.

"What we do know is every last one of them is people who have some type of an issue and they decided to pull out a weapon to dissolve that dispute," Tolbert said.

He's making a promise to anyone who chooses to use a gun to solve their problems.

"We are going to do everything in our power to make sure people are held to the fullest extent of the law," Tolbert said.

Tolbert said that homicides and non-deadly shootings are on pace to be higher than last year, but overall, crime is still down in the city.
Post Tue May 26, 2015 10:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: