FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: KY crash scene-Fire Chief refuses to transport N**gers

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://newsone.com/3072797/ky-fire-chief-at-crash-scene-accused-of-saying-we-aint-taking-no-ngers/

Ky. Fire Chief At Crash Scene Accused Of Saying: ‘We Ain’t Taking No N**gers’

Nov 20, 2014

By NewsOne Staff

Ky.-Fire-Chief-Accused-of-Racism-112014_NewsOne
Kentucky Fire Chief Julius Hatfield under fire for racist comments. (WDRB Screenshot)

A Kentucky fire chief is under scrutiny after video surfaced of him using the n-word at the scene of a recent traffic accident, the New York Daily News reports.

Southeast Bullitt, Ky., Fire Chief Julius Hatfield, whose department is being audited by the state over allegations of financial mismanagement, can be heard using the n-word on body-cam footage recorded by a Bullitt County Sheriff’s deputy, the report says.

On the footage of the traffic accident that occurred in September on Interstate 65, Hatfield is seen offering help to a White driver, the news site writes, citing a report at WDRB-TV.

“We ain’t taking no [n**gers] here,” he says to a Bullitt County Sheriff’s deputy at the site of a car crash involving an African-American family and a white man, according to body-cam footage obtained by WDRB-TV.

“You got a jack, ain’t you?” Hatfield asked. “If you show me where them things is at, I’ll get my guys to start changing the tire for you,” he tells the driver, who gets loaded into an ambulance and taken to a local hospital.

The other car contained an African-American couple from Ohio and their two children. Hatfield tells them to call AAA for help. Driver Chege Mwang told the station he was treated differently than the other motorist, but didn’t think anything of it at the time because he and his family were not hurt.

During a later interview with WDRB-TV, Hatfield said he did not recall the crash or making the statement, adding, “sometimes there is a slip of the tongue.”
Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/19/1346005/-Kentucky-Fire-Chief-refuses-accident-victims-We-ain-t-taking-no-n-s-here?detail=facebook

Scout FinchFollowRSS

Daily Kos staff

Wed Nov 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM PST.

Kentucky Fire Chief refuses accident victims: We ain't taking no n*****s here

Text of racist comments by Fire Chief Hatfield

Good ol' boy Fire Chief Julius Hatfield caught on video
Stories like this make you look at the calendar to check the year. Yep, still 2014. And it is utterly embarrassing and shocking that anyone who holds these racist views are operating in any leadership role. Meet Kentucky's Southeast Bullitt Fire Chief Julius Hatfield. After stopping to help accident victims, one white family and one black family, he was caught on video having a friendly good ol' boy chat:

Video from a Bullitt County Sheriff's deputy's body camera shows Hatfield's department responding to a car accident on I-65, south of the Clermont exit in September.
"Well, I've got a family of four from Cincinnati, I got to do something with," the Bullitt County deputy said in the video.

Hatfield replied, "We ain't taking no n------ here." Then he laughs.
And no, that's not all. When questioned by WDRB reporter Valerie Chinn about an investigation into the financial mismanagement (and possible fraud) of Hatfield's district, he went on:

"Do you understand English darling?" Hatfield replied. "Do you understand English?"
The man can't even hide his racism with the glare of television cameras. Of course he's now apologized off-camera, but it's time for the good people of Kentucky to send good ol' boy Chief Hatfield out to pasture.
See Valerie Chinn's news report here.

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:52 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Newly obtained video of Southeast Bullitt Fire Department chief raises questions of racism

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 3:05 PM CST

Updated: Nov 19, 2014 2:44 PM CST

By Valerie Chinn

Newly obtained video of Southeast Bullitt Fire Department chief raises questions of racism

BULLITT COUNTY, Ky. (WDRB) -- When WDRB raised questions about mismanagement within a local fire department, it brought new information that raises questions of racism. Now, Valerie Chinn has uncovered shocking new video of Southeast Bullitt Fire Chief Julius Hatfield.

Video from a Bullitt County Sheriff's deputy's body camera shows Hatfield's department responding to a car accident on I-65, south of the Clermont exit in September.

"Well, I've got a family of four from Cincinnati, I got to do something with," the Bullitt County deputy said in the video.

Hatfield replied, "We ain't taking no n------ here." Then he laughs.

The partially censored expletive was a derogatory racial term.

Hatfield -- seen in a yellow shirt -- offers to help Loren Dicken, whose pickup truck was involved in the crash.

"You got a jack, ain't you?" Hatfield asked. "If you show me where them things is at, I'll get my guys to start changing the tire for you."

"That's alright," Dicken said.

"It will save you a bill," Hatfield said.

Dicken was taken to the hospital and released. Then, according to the Bullitt County Sheriff's Department, firefighters picked him up and took him to the firehouse where his car was waiting for him.

But it's a very different story for the other driver. Chege Mwangi, his wife and two children, were in the other car involved in the crash.

"We don't have Triple A," Mwangi said.

"No Triple A?" the deputy asked. "Okay...Who is driving?"

"Me," Mwangi replied.

"I need your driver's license, proof of insurance and the registration on the car," the deputy said.

"I have.. I have.. this is my proof of insurance," Mwangi said.

Mwangi, who is black, says he didn't get the same treatment from the Southeast Bullitt Fire Department. He says he noticed firefighters helping Dicken, but not him or his family. Nevertheless, he didn't think anything of it because his family wasn't injured and didn't need assistance. He says he mostly dealt with the Bullitt County Sheriff's Department, which was helpful.

Mwangi's claims brought another startling remark from the chief, who had a surprising reaction at an open meeting recently when WDRB asked questions about financial mismanagement and empty firehouses within the Southeast Bullitt Fire Department.

"Why are there so many firehouses that are empty?" WDRB's Valerie Chinn asked Hatfield at the meeting.

"Do you understand English darling?" Hatfield replied. "Do you understand English?"

Hatfield tried to have Chinn and her photographer removed from the public meeting.

"Turn that camera off," Hatfield ordered. "I've asked you that in a nice way. Buddy, call the cops and get them here."

"I asked you once tonight if you understand English," he added. "I'm speaking English."

The Kentucky State Auditor's Office is looking into the Fire Protection District's finances and expects to release its findings soon.

Chinn spoke to Hatfield on the phone about his language at the I-65 crash. He didn't want to go on camera, but said he doesn't remember the incident and sometimes there is a slip of the tongue. He also apologized for the way he treated Chinn last week.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Commission orders S.E. Bullitt fire chief to repay training pay, pension

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Kentucky Fire Commission has ordered Southeast Bullitt Fire Chief Julius Hatfield to return training pay for allegedly falsifying training records which are tied to state aid and incentive pay.

Commission members and area firefighters met on the matter in Lexington Tuesday afternoon and were still calculating the exact amount for Hatfield to repay.

Bruce Roberts, the Kentucky Fire Commission Division Director, says Hatfield admitted in an email that he wasn't at training and left for his board meetings numerous times.

Former volunteer firefighters told WDRB News that firefighters' names were added to the training logs even though they did not attend the training.

However, the Fire Commission says even if other names were forged, those firefighters had enough training hours to receive incentive pay of $3,100 a year -- but the chief did not.

The Education and Eligibility committee, which is comprised of Fire Commission board members and firefighters, voted that Hatfield has to pay back the $3,100 a year plus pension which is estimated at a total of $4,000 a year dating back to 2008 -- possibly longer.

"We'll write them a letter and give them a certain time to pay it," said Bruce Roberts, division director of the Kentucky Fire Commission. "If they don't repay it, then we stop at that time, we move forward with the authority of the attorney -- whatever the attorney tells us to do."

So far, Hatfield has denied WDRB News requests for an interview.

The Fire Commission says training is important for safety, but added that this incident serves as a warning to other departments that training logs need to be accurate.

The Education and Eligibility Committee's recommendation will now go to the full Fire Commission Board for approval next week.

The Fire Commission is expected to send a letter to Hatfield ordering that the money needs to be repaid in 30 to 60 days. It says if the money is not repaid back, then that will hold up other firefighters in the department from getting their incentive pay.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: