FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Do we want all county commissioners out?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John Gleason

Options for this story

Two hour wait in the clerks office yesterday. Criminal how the commissioners take money from this office and put it in the general fund for other purposes than what the patrons pay for. Commissioner candidates are popping up. Danny Wells running against Jamie Curtis. Many against Mark Young. Rod Shumaker against Ted Henry. Don Phieffer vs. John Northrup. Fred Rapuhn against Peggy Adams. Much, much whispering among county workers after the "Big Snow" regarding the commissioners. Much back and forth about whether Jamie Curtis will get UAW endorsement after suiting his UAW local 599. Peggy Adams with the dogs. Statements about Northrup falling asleep in meetings. Young representing a 60% republican district. Murmurs of Henry's bankruptcy's. Should be a grand August campaign year. AHHH! The sweet smell of democracy. What about your commissioner? Do you support him/her? WOW! What about the Davison District Court judge race??? MRS. Manley for judge? What do you say? A fun year ahead. Blessings to all. (Sorry about the misspelled names)

on Saturday

Bill- I wouldn't vote for Curtis if he was running for dog catcher, after the fiasco by not declaring a county emergency. I am an active UAW member and I pray and hope our union doesn't back him.

March 1 at 7:31pm · Like

webs- I went to the bankruptcy court and pulled all of the filings for the last name of Henry. But no Ted Henry. There was a Theodore Henry, however he was younger and in another county. So what name or names are these Ted Henry bankruptcies under?

John Gleason , haven't a clue. Much mumbling about this, however. I think folks are looking for all reasons to, "THROW THE BUMS OUT!."

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Many are angry at Curtis for not calling an emergency during the snow incident. Add to that his recent nasty divorce and the claims his ex-wife is offering to finance any one challenging him and this race could get interesting. You also have Nick Singelis, accused of stealing from the Shrine Circus, who claims the allegations were brought because he turned the Shrine in for cavorting with prostitutes in the Shrine facilities. Singelis even has depositions on his website as he attacks Curtis and Charlie Smiley.

Wells has really accomplished little in Burton although he seems to be popular. He was an avid supporter of then Mayor Smiley and supported all of the bond issues to developers for infrastructure before the housing industry went kaput. Burton is digging itself out of that financial mess now as they still are paying the bonds although the developer's lands have been hitting the county foreclosure lists.

I understand Zelenko is stressed with all of the financial chaos left her by these bond issues and is being hit with all kinds of garbage. The storm caused a one day delay in meeting payroll because employees could not get in. Wells and other council used the Mike Kilbreath radio show to allege Zelenko could not meet payroll. There is a big difference in a payroll missed one day and not being financially able to met payroll at all.

The county needs someone who knows how to work with one anther to get things done.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Rod Schumaker has won and lost elections in his area. I believe he is a Tea Party candidate.

It seems a lot of so-far unsubstantiated rumors are circulating about Henry and have even cost him the finance chair. People need to give truthful statements instead of just whispering rumors.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:52 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I heard the stories about Northrup on the Mike Killbreath radio show (1470 between 8 and 9 am). John is often quiet and he speaks too low, but I have never seen him asleep.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:55 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Is the dog issue the only one in Richfield Township? What about the Landfill that is so close to the Flint River with it's failing containment systems?

Adams is also addressing the potential fracking issue in the area. Flint residents need to be very afraid of this as the Flint River meanders through parts of this Township before it reaches our water plant. Genesee Township also has wells and if Fracking compromises the water supply, as it has in other states, a lot of people could be in trouble. She is on top of this issue.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

You open and close on this with John Gleason but it is unclear which paragraphs are attributed to him, yourself, or others. What is a link for the source so we can sort it all out. Please and thank you.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
John Gleason

Options for this story

Two hour wait in the clerks office yesterday. Criminal how the commissioners take money from this office and put it in the general fund for other purposes than what the patrons pay for. Commissioner candidates are popping up. Danny Wells running against Jamie Curtis. Many against Mark Young. Rod Shumaker against Ted Henry. Don Phieffer vs. John Northrup. Fred Rapuhn against Peggy Adams. Much, much whispering among county workers after the "Big Snow" regarding the commissioners. Much back and forth about whether Jamie Curtis will get UAW endorsement after suiting his UAW local 599. Peggy Adams with the dogs. Statements about Northrup falling asleep in meetings. Young representing a 60% republican district. Murmurs of Henry's bankruptcy's. Should be a grand August campaign year. AHHH! The sweet smell of democracy. What about your commissioner? Do you support him/her? WOW! What about the Davison District Court judge race??? MRS. Manley for judge? What do you say? A fun year ahead. Blessings to all. (Sorry about the misspelled names)

on Saturday

Bill I wouldn't vote for Curtis if he was running for dog catcher, after the fiasco by not declaring a county emergency. I am an active UAW member and I pray and hope our union doesn't back him.

March 1 at 7:31pm · Like

I went to the bankruptcy court and pulled all of the filings for the last name of Henry. But no Ted Henry. There was a Theodore Henry, however he was younger and in another county. So what name or names are these Ted Henry bankruptcies under?

John Gleason , haven't a clue. Much mumbling about this, however. I think folks are looking for all reasons to, "THROW THE BUMS OUT!."
Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This was from Gleason's facebook page. I did go to bankruptcy court after several county officials raised the issue. The commissioners are really at war with one another.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John Gleason

I was told Ted Henry thinks my posts could lead to a lawsuit for Genesee County. Really? What happened to freedom of speech? Hey Teddy, FREEDOM. Not freeDUMB! Is this what our government is coming to? Flint Journal writer Ron Fonger quotes from my facebook as part of his stories. Journal calls this investigative reporting. Tell me who's facebook page but mine has the FJ quoted. Didn't even report the story correctly. I have never said we need to "BULK-UP" our uniforms. Heck, I don't even know if we need to add any bodies. Let's have a discussion about it. This could be serious and I did all I knew of to address the situation. Had the sheriff call Mark Young to set up a meeting to chat about it. Young went to Fonger and told him what we did. Fongers' story today led to calls from the TV stations. Young told me not to create a story and he leaks it to the FJ. Is this the Young you know? Truth folks, truth. Gettin' ready for the 17th. Peace to ya'all.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are exceptions to Freedom of Speech. If someone bought up Ted Henry perhaps Gleason should clarify the issues with Henry. Too many unsubstantiated rumors circulating around the commissioners.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Hoghiker on M-Live seems to have a good understanding of county government. Hoghiker references past scandals and monetary paybacks to HUD grants and other grants.

I remember researching Ted Hammon, who served 6 years as a County Commissioner and 14 years as a Burton Council member. He won the 50th State House seat in 2006 only to be bested by Jim Slezak in 2008.

Voters must not be aware of the issues associated with politicians or these issues are never brought out by their opponents in the elections.

I remember pulling the documents surrounding the telephone controversy for the county jail inmates. As I was allowed to review the documents, there were multiple copies and the files were completely unorganized. The allegations were that Hammon influenced the change of vendors to benefit his former employer AT&T. The end result was that inmates and their families had to pay significantly more for their phone calls.

I remember speaking to former Prosecutor Art Busch about what role Hammon may have played in the Rizzo indictment. Depositions leaked to the media indicated that Hammon, as a county commissioner, tried to influence the Sheriff investigation into a false report by Rizzo about a stolen corvette. This case led to other arrests and the whole Rizzo-Burton officials development fraud case.

Despite these allegations, the voters kept re-electing him. That does not bode well for having ethical politicians in Genesee County.
Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

In my opinion, Mark Young, Tony Brown and Omar Sims don't need to be county commissioners. In Sims case I don't believe he belongs in politics.

In my opinion this backroom deal with Tim Herman's Flint Genesee Chamber of Commerce is only the first step towards the Chamber taking over the county as the have the city. Imagine having recommendations made that only recommend Chamber members for procurement of county services and produts? This could happen.

What happened to Corporation Counsel. According to the second story, Celeste Bell's advice was not sought to see if the deal was legal. The article did say she rewrote the agreement as it was a little short on details. But is that all she did? She is not a beginner. I am told that her former boss, Ward Chapman, did not even allow commissioners to vote on measures for organizations for whom they were board members.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sims has been said to have hired a Lansing consultant to shore up his sagging bid for Woodrow Stanley's' soon to be vacated Representative seat. Do we want an individual that in the case of the Land bank puts "institutions before individuals"? How about someone who falls for the Chamber's "okie-dokie"? Is Sims hoping to recruit contributions to his campaign by throwing his support to this blatant power grab by the Chamber?

They did not place the item on the agenda when it was first brought up.
No Corporation Counsel opinion as to the legality of the proposal.
Should it have been on the Government Operations agenda when it was voted on the second time?
Why was it pushed to the very end of the agenda on the Public Works section (page 6) which is chaired by Young and Brown?
Clack, Bailey, Northrup and Curtis deserve the boot in mind. Remember elections this year.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

County Commissioner Archie Bailey told Mike Killbreath he would have a press conference following the commission meeting on Wednesday. An angry Bailey told Killbreath he would have a larger audience than the radio show would have. Some who claim to be in the know say Bailey will call for Gleason to resign.

I asked Gleason about it before the hearing on the Pickell recall language. He said he was upset with the story in the media as Fonger was not at the press conference and the comments in the Journal were untrue. The Journal sent a female that Gleason was unfamiliar with.

Gleason's Administrative Assistant confirmed that while Bailey was angry, he did not use any vulgar words. The "F" bomb may have been used by Tony Brown, but the Journal reporter was in Gleason's office and not outside where the language was used. Gleason apparently did not hear the comments and was told about them after the fact. At any rate the language was after the denial to enter and not before.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: