FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Saturday morning radio on WFLT 1420

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A.c. Dumas shared a link.

12 hours ago

FYI : Important message about Property Tax Foreclosures in Genesee County, Michigan. Genesee County Treasurer Deb Cherry (D) will be our guest on the "Truth shall make you free" broadcast with your host AC Dumas on Saturday, March 22, 2014. Our broadcast aires "live" on Flint's gospel radio station WFLT 1420 am from 9:30-10am. This is a call in broadcast 810-239-5733 and your calls are certainly welcome! Important information regarding your 2011 delinquent Property Taxes will be addressed by Treasurer Cherry. "How do I avoid losing my property and is it to late?" Your questions will be answered by Ms. Cherry during the broadcast or contact information will be given. Please check the link below or contact the Genesee County Treasurer's Office for further information. If you know someone having property tax problems, invite them to listen to the "Truth shall make you free" broadcast with your host AC Dumas!

GENESEE COUNTY

www.gc4me.com

On July 22, 1999, the Governor of Michigan signed Public Act 123 of 1999, which shortens the time property owners have to pay their delinquent taxes before losing their property under the process...

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Saturday mornings on WFLT 1420 from 8 am to 10 am can be some of the best listening around. Pastor Flynn of Foss Avenue was on a roll today. I wish I had not been driving so I could have jotted notes on his hour show. I enjoyed how Flynn discussed how the wealthy and the politicos roll out some black Pastors and black leaders to champion their misguided projects that only benefit the wealthy.

If you can get a copy of this weeks CPSA Courier it will be worth while as I seems the city politicians have an apologist article trying to explain the high special assessments, high water bills, and even the Genesee Towers debacle. The Courier is also on line.

Neeley had the President of the firefighters on discussing the Public Safety Millage (still just sitting in the finances) and the proposed Safer grant request.

Dumas is a smooth interviewer and he put on a good show with lots of callers for Deb Cherry. For those in trouble with their taxes, this was a show that should ot have been missed it. If you are facing foreclosure for taxes, show up at the Treasurer's office with your deed, prove you are living in the home (bills) and some ID. It is too close to the deadline to try to get an appointment now and Cherry says just come on down. She also has information on a new program to help.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

City Councilwoman Monica Galloway called Cherry to discuss how they can eliminate the old Howard Johnson's motel on Center Road near Court Street, This two will continue the dialogue.

Also there was a discussion on the lawsuit filed by the county commissioners against Cherry over the delinquent tax funds. The City gave $300,000 to fight blight last year. The county commissioners disagreed with the Treasurer using funds to alleviate some blight on Land Bank properties.

Note: The housing foreclosure crisis peaked about 2007 and 2008. The land bank was suddenly hit with many more abandoned homes than ever anticipated.

Neeley touched on the anticipated merger of the 67th and 68th District Courts. He was concerned that fewer minority judges would be elected. I spoke to judge Perry and he has an interesting spin on the merger. Neeley might want to interview him.

Neeley should be more concerned about the unqualified judges (elected and appointed) on the bench in all of the courts.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:16 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
If you can get a copy of this weeks CPSA Courier it will be worth while as I seems the city politicians have an apologist article trying to explain the high special assessments, high water bills, and even the Genesee Towers debacle. The Courier is also on line.
Do you have a valid link for current CPSA Courier? None of these are current:

cpsacourier.com/
Learn how you can get this domain »|See more domains like this » · This Web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com. 24/7 Support.

http://www.cpsaflint.com/
http://www.t3promotions.com/cpsa/
http://www.t3promotions.com/cpsa/?p=195
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CPSA-Courier/199005743472683
Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:42 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sorry I don't know what happened to their website. I used to read it there. The City Hall should have copies this afternoon at the information desk.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A.c. Dumas

FYI: Residents of Genesee County, Michigan: March 31st is the deadline to pay your 2011 delinquent property taxes and to sign up for the Affordable Care Insurance Program. If you need help with your delinquent property taxes, go to the Genesee County Treasurer's Office, 1101 Beach St. (Across the street of Flint City Hall). According to the Genesee County Treasurer Deb Cherry, you don't have to lose your property because you can't pay your 2011 delinquent property taxes. Don't call, you need to go to get help. FYI: U.S. residents: You can go online to sign up for the Affordable Care Insurance. "Affordable Care Act.com" Don't delay, Do it today! We share because We care!

Listen to the "Truth shall make you free" broadcast with your host AC Dumas this and every Saturday mornings on Flint's gospel radio station, the new WFLT 1420am from 9:30-10am. This is a call in show 810-239-5733 and your calls are welcome! This week we will highlight African American Women in Radio" from the Flint/Saginaw area. We're honoring some of the pioneers in the broadcasting industry such as: Alice "Dee" Evans, Ms. Petti Greene and Sis. Delores Richardson all veteran female announcers. If you remember or know any of these ladies and other African American women announcers, including female announcers for churches that were broadcast announcers prior to the "1990's", please weigh in and submit there names, radio station and church. If you are family or friends, please feel free to call in to the broadcast at 810-239-5733. Thanks for listening!
Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: