FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: BB Nolden running for 1st District County Commissioner

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

PRESS RELEASE

Third Ward City Councilman Bryant Nolden is announcing his intention to seek the office of Genesee County Commissioner from the 1 st District. Nolden, in his second term as Councilman, stated he decided to seek a seat on the County Board to extend the experience and knowledge of the issues he has acquired to a broader constituency. “Folks throughout the first district, including north Flint, Mt. Morris Township , City of Mt. Morris and Genesee Township have encouraged me to run,” Nolden said. “It’s the logical next step in my efforts to serve the people.”

Nolden said he will bring his knowledge of federal programs and experience in municipal budgeting to the County Board. “The knowledge I’ve obtained with the challenges the City of Flint is encountering will be invaluable to County government as it tries to navigate through its financial crises,” Nolden said.

The 1 st Distrcit seat is currently held by Commissioner Omar Sims who has announced his candidacy for the State House of Representative in the 34 th District. Current State Representative from that district, Woodrow Stanley, is term limited.

Call 810-252-5170 for information.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: