FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Now more reverse discrimination cases at Hurley

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Web Results

White employee files reverse-discrimination lawsuit against Hurley ...
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/04/white_employee_files_reverse-d.html
5 hours ago ... An employee at Hurley Medical Center has filed a lawsuit against the hospital claiming that he is being discriminated against because he is ...
Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Instead of pursuing national reverse discrimination cases, m-Live writer only had to look at local cases especially some in which he plaintiffs were represented by Attorney Lenhoff. Lenhoff has had a number of high profile reverse discrimination cases, especially those involving the Flint Fire Department.

In this case mark Hillaker Jr., an environmental technician at Hurley, alleges the abuse started in late 2007. The abuse consisted of derogatory name calling such as "stupid white boy" as well as unjustified discipline and threats of violence from his superior.

Once again the Hurley administration was remiss if they failed to address these issues as alleged. I find the comments to this article to be revealing as fbomac 23 appears to have insider information about 5 settled reverse discrimination cases and Janice referenced a white male nurse who refuses to file formal complaints about discrimination against him. I have ben told there is a male nurse who was refused to be allowed to work with the babies. I have personal knowledge about a case of reverse discrimination involving Hurley.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Attorneys - Law Office of Glen Lenhoff

lenhofflaw.net/attorneys.htm

In 2009, Mr. Lenhoff was trial counsel in the reverse discrimination case of Keith Speer v City of Flint. Mr. Lenhoff was invited in as trial counsel by the law firm of
Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint Michigan Fire Department

www.adversity.net/FlintFD/

Jun 10, 2005 ... "Testimony stemming from a discrimination lawsuit suggests a climate of racial prejudice was fostered at the highest levels in the Flint Fire ...

In this instance former Flint Fire Chief Theron Wiggins was alleged to call Linker "white boy" and "honkey'. Native American (Ste. St. Marie Chippewa) firefighter Shawn Borowitz also had a successful discrimination lawsuit against Wiggins.

Adversity.net has many instances of reerse discrimination.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Reverse-discrimination lawsuit filed by white employee against Hurley Medical Center moves forward

Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com By Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on December 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM, updated December 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

FLINT, MI -- A Genesee Circuit Judge has ruled that a reverse-discrimination lawsuit filed by a white employee against Hurley Medical Center can move forward despite the hospital's attempt to have the case dismissed.

Genesee Circuit Judge Judith A. Fullerton denied a summary disposition motion Monday, Dec. 16, filed by the hospital, which asked the judge to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Mark Hillaker Jr.

Hillaker filed the lawsuit March 12 claiming that his black supervisor made derogatory remarks to him because of his race. Hillaker, who works as an environmental technician at the hospital, claims that the remarks began in late 2007 and that he supervisor referred to him as "stupid white boy" and told other hospital employees, "Don't do that, I will get my white boy to do it," according to the lawsuit.

Attorney Timothy Winship, who represented the hospital during Monday's motion hearing, argued that Hillaker never filed a complaint with the hospital about the alleged harassment prior to December 2012.

"My boss is making me do my job; I simply don't like it," said Winship while characterizing Hillaker's allegations as complaints from a disgruntled employee.

However, Hillaker's attorney, Glen Lenhoff, argued that evidence he has collected in the case, including a statement from one of Hillaker's co-workers and hospital documents, shows that the hospital was aware that there was ongoing racial discrimination against his client and that the hospital was aware of it.

Winship said that the hospital conducted an investigation into Hillaker's claims and said that there was no evidence of wrong doing.

Lenhoff said he looks forward to the case moving to trial in April.

"It's up to the jury to decide what happened and who should have known what," Lenhoff said.

The allegations came on the heels of a high-profile discrimination lawsuit against the hospital that claimed black nurses in the neonatal intensive care unit were prevented from treating a white baby after a request by the child's father.

Hurley Medical Center agreed to pay nearly $200,000 in February to settle the lawsuit brought by three nurses in that case. A second lawsuit brought by a fourth nurse is still ongoing.
Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:24 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: