FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: AM I NUTS?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Or has the Mayor and City Council been sending much of our tax dollars out of the City?
Tahoes - Shaheen Chevrolet - Lansing
Tree Cutting - Wasn't a city contractor..
Garbage Trucks - Auburn Hills
Lawn mowing - Not a city contractor...
Towing - Burton City (personally I'm thrilled senseless about this one- this needed to be taken away from Complete But legally using the charter and council vote)
Then the appointment for the Airport? Doesn't live in the city. We didn't have anyone in the city that could have been appointed? Doesn't the county have their own appointee?

Are the guys video taping the Council meetings in the City?

Is there a pattern here? Or AM I JUST NUTS!! Thinking too much into this? Eric Mayes has been mentioning about it being a possible race issue. I don't believe it is so much a race issue as it is possibly a good ol'e boys network. Favored by the Mayor. not because of race. Just because of familiarity. I don't believe The council has been in long enough yet to develop such a thought process.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Correct though that contracts should stay in the city if we have the resourses, but I guess it takes something more than an average citizen to pay attention. On the recent agenda was something about asphalt or cold weather filler for potholes. This contract went to a saginaw company,don't know if we might have this type of business in Flint, maybe not. Look it over as you have the agenda, they ran out so I was not able to get two copies.

What are your thoughts after reading the whole of The Councils Crime Task Force preliminary recommendations?
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:21 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Was that in the Bag? I haven't even opened the bag yet.,
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

every thing is in the bag! ...as far as this 6-3 council and the good ole boys!
Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: