FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: new statisics

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

On 1-8-06 at 2:00 p.m., an Eastside Weed & Seed Initiative was
conducted by Officers from CATT and COPS. Three search warrants were
executed after controlled purchases of controlled substances were made at
the different locations. Search Warrants were executed at 1277 Broadway,
1610 Bennett, and 3009 Dakota. As a result of the search warrants 10 people
were arrested on 13 felony charges and 19 misdemeanor charges. $1866.00 in
cash, $1000 worth of cocaine, $100 worth of heroin, $100 worth of ecstasy
and $150 worth of marijuana were seized. The jail was also kept open over
night and 12 people were transported to court on 1-9-06.

My thoughts are ... that they would have kept this quiet and then caught the suppliers. This is not a very large amount? The millage waits.
RAP
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:17 pm 
rapunzel

Thought I posted this as a reply not a new topic...not meant for front topic news....OOOPS!
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:28 pm 
Ted Jankowski

Call me a pesimist! But, about three years ago the Flint Police did a "Drug Sting" right there at Broadway at the very same location. Now back then they let many people go with their rugs on them!! How am I to believe that this time they really meant business? Because they kept the jail open??? because they actually arrested some of these people? Well, now they are in the Court system. What will they get now? Read the Flint Urinal. The sentencings setions. THese guys will probably get more probation on top of probation that they already have. This is why we need more Dollars to put people away. We really need to figure out how to lobby congress for funding of jails and officers.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:45 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

rapunzel,
Was that the community group appointed by the Mayor and City Council?
If so? did they happen to actually look into how the Police dept is run? Because that has a lot to do with how crime is handled in Flint. How information is disseminated between shifts, between Detectives and patrol officers, Crime activities in the neighborhoods, tracking of offences in a neighborhood, Do the police on a daily/weekly/monthly basis look at problem areas or target houses or blocks? I can't wait to see it on TV as I am hesitant about taking the anything the Flint Urinal says as fact. They seem to twist everything or try to make it mean something it doesn’t. The Urinal seemed to make it sound like what we need is just a Police Contract and higher taxes. I believe the Dept is run just as bad as the Maintenance Dept has been for years. There is so much evidence that the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing down there. It is unfathomable. If the citizens actually knew how things were done down there. They would be sick to their stomach. I believe the citizens of Flint are in Denial! They really do not want to face what is really going on. Then they would have to take some of the responsibility for allowing it to happen. Now, I’m on a campaign to get my neighbors guns back. While I have no physical proof they have them. I’m betting since Crack Head John had stolen 7 from his house and then just over two months later used a weapon in Robbery Armed – Conspiracy, Robbery Armed, Criminal Sexual Conduct, 1st Deg (Weapon Used), Criminal Sexual Conduct, 1st Deg (Weapon Used), Home Invasion - 1st Degree, Weapons - Firearms - Possession by Felon and, Weapons - Felony Firearms. That’s seven convictions jut within 3 months of his break in of which he was the prime suspect, identified by a witness, pawned some of his property. Police have acted like they don’t know what happened to him for over two years. That’s Poor Management, Poor leadership, Incompetence, you name it. It’s all of that. So Unless this group really looked into how Flint fights crime. I’m stamping the whole thing as a waste of time. There was too much education on that committee and not enough common sense.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Jerry, the Flint Eastside Weed and Seed is not the community group appointed by the city council.

The (councils)crime task force made some preliminary recommendations to the council. "Due to countless enquiries from community groups "ect. I posted some of what was said on mlive. They are still researching many areas. I think they were getting tons of questions and just let us know they were still meeting and researching. I know I had contacted Mr. Croom after you had asked where they were.

Ok, The Flint Eastside Weed and Seed www.flint-fews.org is a collaboration of resourses focusing on the eastside. They get a Federal grant to support area programs. We assist crime watches, support the COPS program by funding overtime for special intiatives like the bust mentioned, including opening the jail overnight. They collaborate with Flint schools for Project Safe Neighborhood which goes into many Flint schools for a three day program that teaches kids about gun violence. A U.S. attorney tells them about sentencing for gun crimes, Hurley ER shows a graphic video and explains treatment of gun wounds, former gang members in wheel chairs tell how a gun shot changed their life ect. We have various other programs to keep kids off the streets and to help keep the streets safer. There is also a North side Weed and Seed. Basically they give money to support and expand community intiatives.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:52 am 
rapunzel

7248. Monday- Council
by rapunzel11, 1/9/06 21:14 ET
Crime Task Force submitted preliminary findings ."Due to having several new council members and countless inquiries from community groups" Mr. Croom went on to say in the future they will submit more in depth findings but felt the community wanted to know where they were at so far. "It will take an aggressive collaboration effort of various community resourses to impact this problem ."No Quick fix...have to identify root causes that effect police response and services, as well as what fuels violent behavior in the community .To cut to the chase of this 3 page intro 4 preliminary recommendations were made...major stumbling block to hiring the type of officers that are needed to ensure the highest quality of police dept. is the fact that there has been no resolution of a new contract in 8 years for the patrol officers. we believe before any vacancies can be filled it is imperitive the contract be settled....The resolution of this contract will allow us to know what city funding is available to hire and sustain new officers.Recommendation # 1- Settle the current contract with the patrol officersRecommendation # 2- Maintain high standards for hiring new police personnel.Recommmedation # 3- Develop a plan to recruit new officers.#4 Develop and implement strategies for funding 1-3, including earmarking portions of city surplus...ect. This is an abridged version and yes, Jerry I saved a copy for you...
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:11 am 
rapunzel

Thought you may be interested in an excerpt from a recent report received by FEWS from Lt. McLeod RE: November 2005 Monthly Totals for CATT.

"CATT Officers worked on Eastside Weed & Seed detail on November 16, 2005. Arrests generated as a result of this detail led to a North Central Weed & Seed detail at 5109 Baldwin on November 17, 2005. CATT Officers executed a search warrant at 5109 Baldwin. This search warrant led to an address in Grand Blanc City. CATT Officers, working in conjunction with Lt. Terence Green of the Genesee County Sheriff Posse, recovered over $77,000.00 in cash along with cocaine and marijuana.

In November 2005, CATT officers recovered $80,500.00 in cash and approximately $44,890 worth of illegal controlled substances, primarily cocaine and marijuana."
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:40 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, I know the Weed & Seed isn't the appointed body. The Flint Crime task force (I believe is the one I was thinking about) as they mention people have been inquriing about it. i realise it is preliminary right now. But as I mentioned here before. They still haven't hit of the sources of the problems.
1. do deisre by police to actually fight crime.
2. Poor enforcement of laws
3. No continuity bewteen departments in the police dept. They don't share information. Officers, Detectives, task forces, Citizens.
4. Priority assignment of calls.

Oh I'm sure we can blame this all on Not enough Taxes and no contract!
NOT! With the attitude of police for the last thirty or so years it is not surprising that we have the amount of Crime and violent crime in this city.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: