FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Legal question - Terry

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski

Do you know if the Police have any responsibility to return stolen items to their rightful owners if they were used while committing another crime. Say a gun was stolen from John Smith and Joe Blow who stole it from him uses it in a crime. After Joe Blow has been convicted and sentenced. DO the police have to return or even tell John Smith that they found his weapon?
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:27 pm 
rapunzel

I'll bet you lunch. Terry will say no, that is is evidence and you will never see your guns again. Even if they have historical value.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski

Did terry go on vacation?
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:45 pm 
rapunzel

I am guessing that terry is still reading but will not post as he does not like those guests like me that will not register to post.

I have very good reasons for not registering as I will not give my personal contact to this webmaster and have partisan opinions that need to remain my own. You may still be able to reach Terry if you post private.

I may be wrong and he is just to busy to play.
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:11 am 
Ted Jankowski

He is not posting anywhere, right now. I've been watching. I'm all for doing something. but I haven't figure out a way to get the message out about a movement to really create change in the crime in Flint. I believe we have some great ideas here. Only, without good media reporting the ideas. we just have too few people really interested in change to make anything happen. If it were viable. It would make more sense ot form a committee and take out ads in the FLint Urinal. In order to disseminate facts and figures and ideas. And while the Uncommonsense does a far superior job of reporting on events and news. They do not have enough timely issues (once a month) and not a large engouh paying readership. That would be a great place to start. As whether they seem to like you or not. THey give many more facts in their articles and less opinion. And when they do give Opinion they at least give you enough information to understand how they came to their conclusion. Their interviews and reprting is FAR SUPERIOR to anything the FLint Urinal prints. I've seen Obit's printed incorrectly in the Urinal. Leaving out infromation that was given to be part of the Obit making it inaccurate. That's just plain SAD!
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:23 am 
Plato

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
I am guessing that terry is still reading but will not post as he does not like those guests like me that will not register to post.

I have very good reasons for not registering as I will not give my personal contact to this webmaster and have partisan opinions that need to remain my own. You may still be able to reach Terry if you post private.

I may be wrong and he is just to busy to play.

Just to busy to play. Its good to work but does get in the way.
My norm is 1 hr a day. I did more for a while and will again.

I am researching the gun issue. I am for creating our own crime reduction initiative by taping the voices here and in the neighborhoods. We need a data base of ideas others can run with.
Much like the pawnshop issue as a subset of crime reduction could we creat a platform plank so to speak that we and others could take to the community and funding sources. Causing stuff to happen with good ideas.

I'm for causing stuff to happen. 100 informed people causing things to happen.

An additional thought. Many of use attend public meeting that don't get press exposure. As we attend a community meeting why not be a reporter and post here?

I liked the talk of the drug dearler identification website.
chow for now

Terry Bankert
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:59 am 
Ted Jankowski

I figured that you had a life outside of the internet. And would eventally reply. We jst got so sed to seeing you everyday. LOL
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:14 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: