FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Pulling memories of NorthWest Flint...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
MIfan
F L I N T O I D

Can anyone remember the name of the pizza restaurant that was on the northwest corner of Pierson and Clio Roads in the late '60s? It was next to or near the Sav-Mor Discount Drugs - in the area that later became Michael Lynn Lighting. Did it have the word "buoy" in it's name?

Can you also tell me the year of the tanker explosion that happened at that corner? I believe it was '67-'70 ish? KanRock Tire Store burned... was that whole block of stores destroyed?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I've been trying to pull this info from my memory for a couple of weeks. Confused
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:28 pm 
73Lifeliner
F L I N T O I D

Sorry can't help you on the name of the pizza place but I remember the tanker fire and my best bet on the year would be 69.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:22 am 
WTH
F L I N T O I D

Venice Pizzeria?
Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I think Venice was South of Pierson on Clio.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Good source for answer to the question is to visit the Flint Public Library on Crapo Street. Or call their information help line. Main number is 810-232-7111. Or visit their website and "Ask a Librarian." http://www.fpl.info/

FPL has a collection of old Polk City Directories that would show the names of businesses along that corridor at specified time.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
countynews
F L I N T O I D

There were 2 pizza places...Venice and Palace. Plus you had the PX barbeque = best ribs in town and the Golden Point burger joint next to the PX on the northeast corner of Clio and Pierson. The Point had fantastic pineapple shakes. Golden Nugget Saloon was in the Pierson Road block with Michael Lynn Galleries and a furniture store on the west end of the block.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: