FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Schools - Flint School Board meetings - Who Goes?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford

Does anyone go to the incompetent Flint School Board meetings or know how to get in touch with Pepunzel or people that do? If so I am interested in Partnering with Flint schools but I have to work on their meeting days. I also don't want to get dragged into pointless meetings where nothing gets done. I am interested in giving students real world business experience and maybe throwing some pizza parties or something, but it's hard to do with a school board where some of them apparently don't even use email. Apparently some Flint teachers don't use email either. Fortunately though this is fine because you don't need email to work at McDonalds or other low end service jobs.

webmaster@mysearchisover.com
http://mysearchisover.com
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:20 pm 
rapunzel

"Incompetent school board", sure with an opening like that I am sure they would be interested with working with you!

We already do pizza parties so what would you bring to the table?

At FCS website they have many contacts so if you are so business savvy, why can you not figure this on your own?

"You don't need email to work at McDonalds or other low end service jobs"
As I have said FCS has excellent technology. 4th grade students have labtops. So you need to use a better approach or take a class in How to win friends and influence people!
You are not reinventing the wheel, Flint Schools is known nation wide as the beginning of Community Education. You need to do some research. Young man. When you have done so and NOT before then you can contact Gail Ganakas, Dept of Community Ed. gganakas@flintschools.org

Connie Rau does much in community outreach. She is a sweethart and you have not convinced me that you are worth her listening to.

maybe you should volunteer somewhere else, rudeness.
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:44 pm 
Adam Ford

Let me clarify. If the school board is not to blame for the state of Flint's school system the who is? Is it the parents that are not doing their job? Is it the teachers? Doesn't the school board have a say in what teachers get hired? Anyways I am currently working with School board member Herbert Cleaves to improve Flint's school system and hopefully form a partnership between http://mysearchisover.com and the Flint schools. The superintendent has also offered to meet with me. Who knows, perhaps some day Flint school kids will be getting paid to go to school. (wishful thinking) but I do think Google Adsense earnings are a real possibility for Flint students. I think even if students were onle making a couple bucks a month they could become very highly motivitated. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually some of them were even getting a grand or 2 a month in revenue. Flint is also a very low cost center so I feel there is some business sense to my desire to work with poor Flint students.

To be frank though I'm not really worried about making the Flint school board mad or whoever. My main goal is to get content for my website. If the school board or whoever doesn't feel like working with me then I will begin going directly to the students and see if they feel like getting paid to work with me. lol

Adam Ford
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:31 pm 
plato

Hope was held out. Is this Flint list serve or chat room?
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:32 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: