FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Cumulus Media must sell WRSR before they buy WFBE and WTRX.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The U.S. Justice Deparment has required Cumulus Media to sell excessive radio holdings before they can buy Citiadel Broadcasting. Cumulus already owns most of Flint's radio stations and Citadel owns country station B95 WFBE FM 95.1 and SportsXtra WTRX AM 1330. the Feds are requiring Cumulus to sell classic rock station the Fox WRSR FM 103.9. If you read my book, you already know how I hate Cumulus with a passion after what happened with WFDF and I do not like WWCK AM 1570's progrmming one bit.

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

FCC Approvals Cumulus-Citadel Merger
September 14, 2011

The FCC announced today that it has approved the $2.5 billion merger of Cumulus Media and Citadel Broadcasting, clearing the way for the deal to close as soon as this week. Citadel shareholders are slated to vote on Cumulus' acquisition of the company tomorrow (9/15).

As reported yesterday, the Cumulus-Citadel deal was approved by the Department of Justice. However, as part of the DOJ's Consent Decree, it stated that it will not oppose the merger as long as three stations are sold off: Country WCAT/Carlisle, PA; CHR WWKL/Palmyra, PA and Classic Rock WRSR/Owosso, MI.

The FCC noted in its own documentation that Cumulus and Citadel "are direct competitors in very few markets. As a result, only six stations in four markets will be divested due to radio market overlap." Those stations are: Urban AC KMJK/Kansas City; Standards WNZZ-AM/Montgomery, AL; AC KYNF/Fayetteville, AK; Rock WROK/Macon, GA; Urban AC WTYB/Savannah, SC; Sports WKOR-AM/Starkville, MS; Sports WJXY/Myrtle Beach, SC and CHR WXJY/Georgetown, SC. The stations will be put into the Volt Radio, LLC trust to be spun off.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hmmmmm no hiphop?? Laughing
Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: