FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Problems in West Flint.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Two shotguns taken in Flint burglary on Corunna Road
Published: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 9:40 PM Updated: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 11:17 PM

Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A man went home Saturday night to find his home broken into and his shotguns missing, according to a police report.

The Mossberg and Remington 12-gauge shotguns were the only things taken from the home on Corunna Road near Zimmerman Street, according to the report.

A living room window to the home was found broken.

© 2010 MLive.com. All rights reserved.
Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/11/two_shotguns_taken_in_flint_bu.html
Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Shoulda had a PITBULL back up. I DO. They get put in the bedroom when people come over. Don't want them just letting anyone in the house.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

West Side Crime watch wants anyone attending a meeting to fill out a volunteer form. Why would i give this group my drivers license number, social security number and more just to attend this meeting. Also why does anyone need to hold them harmless?
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

that seems weird except to possibly do background checks
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
West Side Crime watch wants anyone attending a meeting to fill out a volunteer form. Why would i give this group my drivers license number, social security number and more just to attend this meeting. Also why does anyone need to hold them harmless?
Untanglingwebs, your post isn't entirely accurate. Unless you are referring to another organization I believe you are referring to the West Flint Community Watch, incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation many years ago. I am a member of the WFCW and all members and guests are requested to sign an attendance sheet with their name, address and phone number when they arrive at our meetings. It is also customary at each meeting to invite (not require) anyone who is not a member to join the group, also to become a volunteer community "watch" member (either by patrolling or watching from their own home) and/or volunteer to serve as a volunteer at the West Flint Police Mini-Station. The applications do not require a social security number, but do require driver's license number and date of birth. I am reasonably certain the desire for more volunteers in these activities doesn't pertain to just our group, but city-wide as well.

Your post is so misleading I contacted our president for a response. She wrote: "I don't have an account (with Flint Talk Forums). Feel free to respond with basic info, i.e., we do not request social security number, and you are only requested to fill out form if you officially want to join membership. Drivers license is requested because you are patrolling area (driving) REPRESENTING THE "WEST FLINT COMMUNITY WATCH," A 501 C-3 NON-PROFIT GROUP and it is only sensible to make sure patrol members have valid ops. Also drivers license and DOB are needed to do criminal background check. Communities don't want their neighborhoods patrolled by questionable people representing themselves as a "Community Watch." MEETINGS ARE ALWAYS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. (2nd Thursday each month at Zimmerman Center, 7:00pm)."

Untanglingwebs, if you have questions or other points needing clarification, please so state. But please understand, you should NOT give ANYONE your social security number, nor are you required to give your driver's license number "and more" just to attend this meeting!
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:52 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

My friend wanted to attend and she was told she had to fill out the form, which she refused. She stated if she volunteered it might be appropriate, but she wouldn't sign just to attend. This form was given to her by Marshky.
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
My friend wanted to attend and she was told she had to fill out the form, which she refused. She stated if she volunteered it might be appropriate, but she wouldn't sign just to attend. This form was given to her by Marshky.
The above quote in my post was from President Michelle Marshke. I ask that you please have your friend contact Michelle and clear up any misunderstanding. As I stated, the WFCW asks that members and guests sign in when they arrive. Guests are invited to join and may be give an application but they are not required to complete the form if they don't wish to join the watch or volunteer.
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:56 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

On Christmas Eve I heard about an attempted break-in on Whitney Ave. between Barney and Ballenger within past week. Side door jimmied, perp may have been scared away by barking dogs inside. Not reported to police.

Recent break-in and theft of TV and computer from home on Arlene Ave. between Barney and Ballenger. Police responded. Wagon tracks leading from home. More recently, homeowner next door to break-in encountered M/B, thin, attempting to break into his home. Perp ran away on bicycle, H/O gave chase in vehicle but lost him. Unknown whether reported to police.

Christmas Day break-in and theft of cash from home on Arlene Ave. west of Ballenger. Not reported to police.

It might be good to start a thread on known break-ins, general location, what was taken and whether reported to police. The WFCW has been unable to get the crime stats for meetings due to lack of personnel in the police department. Even if they did, they couldn't possibly be complete because of lack of reporting by residents who know they're not going to get a response.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:12 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You've been getting crime stats ? Soon after Walling took office we were told point blank we would no longer get them.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

No, we've not been getting crime stats. Please re-read my post.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have noticed an increase in crime reports for that area. i have friends near there that had 2 b&e's while they were out of town.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:53 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
No, we've not been getting crime stats. Please re-read my post.

Wonder of wonders, Rhoda Matthews from city hall emailed me the 2nd & 5th ward crime stats a few days ago.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: