FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Problems in West Flint.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
westflint
F L I N T O I D

Is anyone in concerned why people are moving out of the West Flint neighborhood near Zimmerman School?

Nine months out of twelve, the citizens of this neighborhood are terrized by the students of the school. The students of the are allowed to roam all over the neighborhood. They sit on citizens porches and hang out in peoples yards to smoke pot. People are afraid to leave their homes when gangs of students are roaming about making drug deals and fighting. I watched out of my kitchen window as about seven Zimmerman Students tried to beat up my neighbor when he asked them to leave his property. Recently, a Zimmerman Student was roaming in and out of residents yards on Brown street. Last year a long time disabled resident moved out of her home because two students were trying to climb in her window. Before that a women was robbed and beat in her home by Zimmerman Students.

When you call 911, they tell you to call the school. When you call the school they tell you to call 911. I callled they Walling and he blames the economy? Go to any house sale and talk to people aroung here and ask them if they are moving because of the economy. Most people are moving because they have been robbed. Home invasions double around here when the school opens.

Most people are around here bought there homes years ago and raised there families here. Now long time taxpayers are being pushed out of their homes by thugs.

Help West Flint

Last edited by westflint on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The plague is relentless and spreads easily. Unfortunatly no real cure has been found, well at least not one the handwringing liberals would stand for.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:03 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Years ago I was in that school and could not believe the grafitti inside the building. Also there was grafitti targeting the asian store and the collision shop in that area. If I remember correctly, it was Cobras vs Gangster Disciples. I have noticed the candy store across the street is filled with loitering teens. Bringing in kids from around the city increases the liklihood of combining rival groups.

This area once had some very active community officers who were on top of the criminal element. Unfortunately the days of commuity policing, or maybe any policing, may be gone.
Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 am 
westflint
F L I N T O I D

I'm not very good at this computer stuff. However, I am so upset at what is going on around here since Mott Adult opened this fall. Last tuesday about 5 police cars were in front of pollys alteration store. Numerous Zimmeran students were being arrested in front of the snack shop store. I was hopefull things would calm down around here since this police arrest; however, again today students were walking about the neighborhood and smoking pot in front peoples homes and of course the snack shop.

A family across the street from me just put there house up for sale this week. They don't want their small childen being exposed to what is going on around here. I guess I don't blame them. Still, it makes me upset when everyone decent feels they are being pushed out here by thugs and crime.

Zimmerman school is the only school in flint with an open campus. The school board tells me it is open because the students are adults. The students don't act like adults when they walk down the street and smoke pot. Adults that want to smoke pot, I assume ,would do it in there own home behind closed doors and cert ainly not in front of people's children.
Adults know what the words "Private property" means and would not sit on
other residents porches, picnic tables and cars.

Ya' think that something would have been done about this school when they broke in a house on Swayze and robbed and beat an elderly women. I think the message I'm getting about this problem is: Taxpaying residents don't matter. If you don't like what you see here just move!
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Are you part of the active community program that meets at Zimmerman that is run by a former community police officer?
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
westflint schreef:
I'm not very good at this computer stuff. However, I am so upset at what is going on around here since Mott Adult opened this fall. Last tuesday about 5 police cars were in front of pollys alteration store. Numerous Zimmeran students were being arrested in front of the snack shop store. I was hopefull things would calm down around here since this police arrest; however, again today students were walking about the neighborhood and smoking pot in front peoples homes and of course the snack shop.

A family across the street from me just put there house up for sale this week. They don't want their small childen being exposed to what is going on around here. I guess I don't blame them. Still, it makes me upset when everyone decent feels they are being pushed out here by thugs and crime.

Zimmerman school is the only school in flint with an open campus. The school board tells me it is open because the students are adults. The students don't act like adults when they walk down the street and smoke pot. Adults that want to smoke pot, I assume ,would do it in there own home behind closed doors and cert ainly not in front of people's children.
Adults know what the words "Private property" means and would not sit on
other residents porches, picnic tables and cars.

Ya' think that something would have been done about this school when they broke in a house on Swayze and robbed and beat an elderly women. I think the message I'm getting about this problem is: Taxpaying residents don't matter. If you don't like what you see here just move!

The party in power in the city has ALWAYS pandered to the lowest common denominator . Hell, that county has a prosecutor who says people on drugs aren't responsible for their own actions because they are are drugs! last I knew pot was still illegal, so why can't the cops pick them up for that alone? Use the existing laws...hell, I know it's pointless, there are next to no cops in that city so what's the point?
Here is the video where Leyton writes off crimes done by drug users. Hey David, by definition drug use like this IS A CRIME IN ITSELF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pme5oZiTEHg
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Keep in mind folks, this us YOUR PROSECUTING ATTORNEY ! There is a recall effort afoot, I suggest that the intelligent people of the county work to get this man out of that job! God knows how far down he wants to go down the list to absolve people of their transgressions in order not to have to do his job. What's next,rape? Murder?
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:03 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
The plague is relentless and spreads easily. Unfortunatly no real cure has been found, well at least not one the handwringing liberals would stand for.

Hey Twotap, is your wife okay with your fixation on Cathy Rankin? She is a beautiful woman, I have a few of her calenders myself.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:

The party in power in the city has ALWAYS pandered to the lowest common denominator . Hell, that county has a prosecutor who says people on drugs aren't responsible for their own actions because they are are drugs! last I knew pot was still illegal, so why can't the cops pick them up for that alone? Use the existing laws...hell, I know it's pointless, there are next to no cops in that city so what's the point?
Here is the video where Leyton writes off crimes done by drug users. Hey David, by definition drug use like this IS A CRIME IN ITSELF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pme5oZiTEHg

In 1998, at least, it was a valid defense in court to claim you were not responsible for what you did because you were under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. That's what Judge Ransom told the thug that beat my wife almost to death. Thankfully, the kid (17) told the Judge he was responsible & had to pay for what he did. It may still be the same today, I don't know.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like you have two people to lean on there. Is that judge still on the bench Dave?
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

No, he retired. I'm glad he pointed out the law to the kid. Better then than having him file an appeal on those grounds later.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
No, he retired. I'm glad he pointed out the law to the kid. Better then than having him file an appeal on those grounds later.

Ah, such a good public servant he was. Here's a thought, wouldn't someone plotting to kill another person be considered to be a crime itself? So why isn't planning to purchasing illegal drugs considered to be a crime itself as well? Hmm,, can't people be charged with a crime if they INTEND on selling drugs ? From my count, conspiring to import, to manufacture and to distribute illegal drugs are ALL crimes themselves.correct? So with all these barriers, with all these charges POSSIBLY piling up, wouldn't a reasonable person , prior to them starting to use those illegal drugs, just possibly see what they are doing JUST may be a crime itself , thus, wishing to avoid at least PUNISHMENT simply not continue with their plans to obtain these substances in the first place?
We got to keep track of the sentencing records of these judges, we have to utilize every means at our disposal to remove overly indulgent judges from the bench. Just like the good people who raised a ruckus when that piss pour excuse of a Prosecutor Leyton tried to get to higher position. By the way there Debbie McIntosh, Brenda and Willy Simpson, GOOD JOB, I really think your efforts paid off. Now let's keep that Schuette guy off the backs of the medical pot users and on the asses of violent offenders. And Debbie, PLEASE keep Schuette's feet to the flames. He is a shifty SOB I would bet, so don't trust his ass too much .
Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm 
ANTI-LEYTON
F L I N T O I D

this is exactly why Schuette does not want pot legalized. Look at these high on drugs punks terrorizing people , they do it because a piece of shit prosecutor is going to send them home to their dope smoking piece of shit parents and do nothing about it, send their asses to a boot camp!!! LEYTON SUCKS RECALL HIS ASS

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:16 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I believe the libs call the ruling "diminished capacity." That is to say committing a crime while under the influence of drugs & booze. "Hey, Johnny is a good kid and is not responsible for his actions because of addiction to drugs."

Like the man says, "Liberalism is a mental disorder." Think not? Sure as hell sounds like liberalism and distorted thinking to me.

Hmmmmmm, here's an idea that may have come full circle. Can you say Vigilance committee? and look at it this way, if the committee gets arrested then claim diminished capacity.

Pan8 Laughing
Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

To westflint: If you attended the latest meetings of the West Flint Community Watch did you sign up to go to the Flint Board of Education meeting as a group on Wednesday, November 17th at 7:00 p.m. at the Sarvis Center, 1231 E. Kearsley St., Flint, MI 48503? The next meeting of the WFCW will be Thursday, November 11th at 7:00 p.m. at the Zimmerman Center, 2421 Corunna Rd., Flint, MI 48503. I'm sure it will be discussed again at the WFCW meeting, would be good to attend. This "open campus" has long been a problem in the community.
Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: