FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Mt. Morris Man has BP Solution

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone know if BP met with Michael Wiley, from MT Morris, who believes he has an answer to their problem? He invented a way to capture the oil and stop its escape into the water.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:04 pm 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

I doubt it. Companies like that are usually too arrogant to listen to anyone they regard as a peon. If this guy does not have some fancy title or expensive piece of paper they will dismiss him. At least that is how it works here. Maybe BP will be different since they can't get it figured out. All their fancy titled people are going to be too busy in the background blaming each other and covering their own butts to really work out a solution.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

BP has ordered Kevin Costner's centrifuges!! Here's only one story about it, many others can be found on Google News search.

http://www.global-adventures.us/2010/06/14/oil-spill-bp-costner-centrifuges/

Edited to add:

"The technology was developed two decades ago by a researcher at the Idaho National Laboratory by scientist David Meikrantz, who initially sought to use the machines to separate the components of nuclear substances.

In 1993, INL licensed the technology to Ocean Therapy Solutions, a company owned by Costner."

Source: http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/06/18/4530991-costners-dream-machines-debut

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

The Costner centrifuges sound like great news to CLEAN the water. But, Michael's invention will contain the oil flow and allow it to be collected and no more oil will seep into the water. I sure hope they look at Mr. Wiley's invention. He spent his own money on it to save the ocean.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually any stumbling blocks to new ideas for stopping the flow are now the work of Obama(actually always has been since he refuses to eliminate the Jones act) since the ball is now in his court, at least 20,000,000,000 worth.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:34 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: