FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: At What Price Freedom?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke.

Three days of great weather in Marvelous Mid-Michigan, mmm. Cookouts, beaching, boating, biking, visiting friends and family or just sitting around relaxing, we’ve had three wonderful days with the freedom to choose what we want to do.

But at what price that freedom?

My friends at Teton Business Solutions and I want to take a moment to remember what price our freedom has cost.

Along with the fun in the sun we are enjoying this Memorial Day weekend take a moment to think about those that made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we sometimes take for granted.

The "Memorial" in Memorial Day has been ignored by too many of us who are beneficiaries of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Often we do not observe the day as it should be, a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Take time today to think about all who have served this country and that are now serving. Reflect on the families, who also serve by losing precious days, weeks and months spent without their loved ones who are off serving, preserving peace and the freedom we have in this country. Think for just a minute about the families who paid the ultimate price, who's loved ones died, or were taken captive and never returned.

Remember and be thankful for being an American: Taking nothing away from any other country, I'm just being thankful for my own. It may not be perfect--what place is?--but I love it nonetheless.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, relax, take time for family and friends and when the weekends over give Teton Business Solutions a call and let them tell you about all the services they have available for you and your business to choose from.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell

Stephen James Comedy Improv & Human Resource Training Consultant Flint, Michigan.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 7:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: