FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: People are idiots and so am I.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

"If there are any idiots in the room, will they please stand up" said the sarcastic teacher.
After a long silence, one freshman rose to his feet.
"Now then mister, why do you consider yourself an idiot?" enquired the teacher with a sneer.
"Well, actually I don't," said the student, "but I hate to see you standing up there all by yourself."

Handling difficult people

It should come as no surprise that some people in the world are idiots. They are twisted, uncooperative, cantankerous, distorted, pains in the butt. You know the person I am talking about, we all do. They’re in the work place, in politics and throughout the community.

Idiots in action

Example: Let’s pretend you’ve just arrived into a new community and decide to join a community organization. This group of volunteers is genuinely interested in working on planting gardens, sprucing up rundown areas, and repairing or removing dilapidated buildings. One member, however, opposes every measure and idea anyone suggests. More that that, he constantly attacks the motive of the others. He makes the meeting of the group so unpleasant that attendance begins to decline.

The idiot causes so much trouble that the other band together to kick his sorry buttocks out of the group.

Question: Do you join the others in outing the idiot?

The making of an idiot!
Sigmund Freud (Yes, the sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, guy) thinks that unless a person has been shown and practices love, it sickens and dies. Love includes understanding, goodwill, and respect for others. The more love and goodwill you emanate and exude, the more comes back to you.

He must have never worked with an idiot, but then again what if he’s right? Nay, let’s kick the pain in the neck out and humiliate him even more then he has been other times in his life!

Or maybe……

The practice of empathy in human relationships:
Instead of beating the crap out of him, we bite our lip; prepare our mind before the next meeting. Think about the underlying pain in this guy’s life, surround him with positive thoughts and try our best to compliment and encourage him personally as well as publicly.

I’ll be damned, it worked!

Sure it takes some time. Results don’t happen overnight. But in time the guy comes around, starts encouraging others’ ideas (after carefully but politely examining of its short comings) and becomes actively involved in creating tangible results! OH MY!

The whole idea about writing about idiot comes from my self-examination of the people I associate with and how lucky I am that they’re not idiots.

This city is full of good, respectful, loving folks. Don’t let a few “idiots” get you down.

P.S. Examining and questioning ideas and motives don’t make you and idiot. Using disrespectful comments and disparaging words without proposing a solution does!

To read more about what this idiot has written http://funnybusinessbystephenjames.blogspot.com
Post Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: