FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Running a business can KILL you!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

You need a vacation when….
1) You find yourself thinking of reasons why you need a vacation.
2) You start thinking of early death from job stress as a comfort.
3) You start hallucinating tropical fish in the company water cooler.

Norman Vincent Peale tells the story of a man that told his physician that work was feeling like a wave covering over and drowning him. He said that every night he fills his briefcase full of work to do at home. When the physician asked “Why” the man replied “I have to get it done.” He fumed, “I am the only one who can do it!” “Everything depends upon me!”

“If I write you a prescription, will you follow it?” Asked the doctor.

Thinking it was some kind of medication the man said “Yes.”

The doctor wrote out these words on a piece of paper. “Take one hour a day off to go for a walk. Take one day off a week and use half the day in a cemetery.”

Astonished the patient demanded, “Why should I spend a half day in a cemetery?”

“Because” answered the doctor, “I want you to wonder around and look at the gravestones of men who are there permanently. Meditate on the fact that many of them are there because they thought like you do, that the world rested on their shoulders. Sit there and think about how the world will go on without you just as it’s done without them.

Wooow! Pretty sobering thought, hu!

Maybe you can relate to this business man. Running a business can KILL you! Overworked, under-appreciated, no time for yourself or family. STOP! Get help!

There’s lots of ways to cut your work load: You can delegate the work load. But then again you might not have staff talented or experienced enough to do what’s needed.

You could spend lots of time and money hiring new in-house people to do the paperwork, the hiring, firing, training, taxes, looking for ways to cut business costs, finding tax incentives for your business.

Or you can find safe, affordable, experience outsourcing business consultants that do more then talk!

See more at http://funnybusinessbystephenjames.blogspot.com
Post Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: