FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Community Involvement Helps Your Business!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

Dr. D. James Kennedy of Coral Ridge Presbyterian told me this funny story. Yes, Presbyterian’s have a sense of humor, a heavenly humor!

One day a very successful business man who had made it a point over the years to donate 10% of his profits back to the community, came to Dr. K with this dilemma. “Dr. Kennedy” he said. “I am in a situation where my 10% donations have come to a very large amount of money. I am thinking that I need to cut back. What do you think?” Dr. Kennedy replied: “Sir, I think we need to pray about this.” The successful business man agreed. “Yes, let’s do that.” So Dr. K began to pray. “Dear Lord please lower this man’s income to a place where he can comfortably donate 10% again.”

OOPS! Some of you don’t get this joke! Because some of you have never thought about donating back to the community, shoot, that’s what our overburden tax payments are for, right. Sure it is. But giving back to the community has far greater returns. Stop! Don’t think I’m going all religious on you.

There are tangible benefits to giving back to the community. For one thing, if you give enough, you'll be able to use the charitable deduction on your income tax. For another, giving back to the community can raise your business' profile and even bring you more customers or clients.
Many businesses even include their charitable work in their advertisements, potential customers like the sense of being able to combine their pleasure in patronizing a business with the pleasurable sense of helping others.

But lastly, community service is about building a stronger community and a stronger community means better customers!

If you care to read more go to http://funnybusinessbystephenjames.blogspot.com
Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Stephen, what does "giving back " really mean? I say "give" , "give back " makes it sound like you stole something and are being forced to by either the law or a conscience to return ill gotten booty or something. A charitable act is an act of giving, simple as that. I say " give" but don't go around crowing about to draw attention to yourself.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Kinda reminds me of the retarded gun buy back programs the libs are always crowing about. How can they "buyback" something they never owned in the first place.

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: