FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger

Topic: AmeriCorps NCCC team works with Habitat for Humanity

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Casey Caison
F L I N T O I D

Hello, my name is Casey Caison and I am a member of AmeriCorps NCCC team Cedar 2. We are currently working with the Genesee County Habitat for Humanity and will be here until April 23. We are helping to construct houses. Below is our press release. We would love to come on your Morning Show to talk about all of the good things we are doing in the area. Thank you and have a nice day.

Casey Caison

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Pasha Agosta
Wednesday March 3, 2010 Phone: 740-258-8617
Email: agostapasha@gmail.com

Angela Sarrels Phone: 202-409-6369
Email: asarrels@cns.gov

AmeriCorps NCCC team works with Habitat for Humanity

Flint, Michigan - A team of AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) members is working with Genesee County Habitat for Humanity from Wednesday, April 7, 2010 to Tuesday, April 23, 2010.
The team helps to complete rehabilitation projects on houses within the neighborhood revitalization initiative. The tasks the NCCC members are performing while on this project include sanding floors, hanging drywall, painting, installing cabinets, landscaping and much more.

Flint has been decimated by the decline of the automotive industry. Genesee County Habitat for Humanity seeks to eliminate poverty housing by building and renovating homes in an effort to improve neighborhoods. They have concentrated efforts in a downtown neighborhood and is working with the neighborhood association, other non-profits and the City of Flint to create a neighborhood of choice for residents.

One NCCC team member, Dana Myslinsky, states “I am looking forward to having a positive impact on Flint‘s community development by providing a family a safe and sustainable home.”

AmeriCorps NCCC, administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service, provides opportunities to members, who work to improve the environment, enhance education, increase public safety, help with disaster relief and assist in other unmet human needs. NCCC members must be18-24 and complete at least 1,700 hours of service during the 10-month program. For information about applying to AmeriCorps NCCC, call 1-800-942-2677 or visit the Web site at www.americorps.gov/nccc.

###
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Why is there a need for rehabbing housing when the population has shrunk? Going to bring in illegals and give them a newly outfitted home or something?
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

go talk to ryan eashoo
he is talking about flint stuff

quote:
Casey Caison schreef:
Hello, my name is Casey Caison and I am a member of AmeriCorps NCCC team Cedar 2. We are currently working with the Genesee County Habitat for Humanity and will be here until April 23. We are helping to construct houses. Below is our press release. We would love to come on your Morning Show to talk about all of the good things we are doing in the area. Thank you and have a nice day.

Casey Caison

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Pasha Agosta
Wednesday March 3, 2010 Phone: 740-258-8617
Email: agostapasha@gmail.com

Angela Sarrels Phone: 202-409-6369
Email: asarrels@cns.gov

AmeriCorps NCCC team works with Habitat for Humanity

Flint, Michigan - A team of AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) members is working with Genesee County Habitat for Humanity from Wednesday, April 7, 2010 to Tuesday, April 23, 2010.
The team helps to complete rehabilitation projects on houses within the neighborhood revitalization initiative. The tasks the NCCC members are performing while on this project include sanding floors, hanging drywall, painting, installing cabinets, landscaping and much more.

Flint has been decimated by the decline of the automotive industry. Genesee County Habitat for Humanity seeks to eliminate poverty housing by building and renovating homes in an effort to improve neighborhoods. They have concentrated efforts in a downtown neighborhood and is working with the neighborhood association, other non-profits and the City of Flint to create a neighborhood of choice for residents.

One NCCC team member, Dana Myslinsky, states “I am looking forward to having a positive impact on Flint‘s community development by providing a family a safe and sustainable home.”

AmeriCorps NCCC, administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service, provides opportunities to members, who work to improve the environment, enhance education, increase public safety, help with disaster relief and assist in other unmet human needs. NCCC members must be18-24 and complete at least 1,700 hours of service during the 10-month program. For information about applying to AmeriCorps NCCC, call 1-800-942-2677 or visit the Web site at www.americorps.gov/nccc.

###

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan has not talk about anything for weeks.

Look at the Forum Name "The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger"

I think Casey is trying to get on Lou's Show. If so call 810 251-1570.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

why not?

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Ryan has not talk about anything for weeks.

Look at the Forum Name "The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger"

I think Casey is trying to get on Lou's Show. If so call 810 251-1570.

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: