FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: A lone coyote in Woocroft

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodcroft is the area south of Miller going back towards Swartz Creek and I-69. Residents are reporting seeing a single coyote roaming the area and on the golfcourse.

The area is almost a wildlife preserve with herds of deer, woodchucks, raccooon and skunks around. Deer have been observed trotting down Hawthorne.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

We had a coyote a couple of years take off with some chickens that were tethered together out here in our subdivision. They were owned by an Oriental family. I felt so bad for the lady, those chickens where her pets..

They won't hurt anything or anyone, they're too scared of us, but attacks are very rare. But they're probably eating the vermin at this point in time out there. Hope their getting the rabbits and feral cats that people haven't taken care of that are overpopulating places right now.

Sounds mean, but they are actually advantageous once you think about it...but unfortunately we see a lot of them as roadkill out in my next of the woods along with red foxes.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My sister lives on the border between Grand Blanc & Holly townships. Coyotes have killed most of her chickens & all of her barn cats. Chickens provide her with eggs & meat, and the cats kept the mouse & rat population under control in her horse barn. When the weather warms up, I'll be sitting out there some evenings with a rifle.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Up here of course the whitetails sometimes become lunch but hey thats the way it is.

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:43 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
My sister lives on the border between Grand Blanc & Holly townships. Coyotes have killed most of her chickens & all of her barn cats. Chickens provide her with eggs & meat, and the cats kept the mouse & rat population under control in her horse barn. When the weather warms up, I'll be sitting out there some evenings with a rifle.

Out near my neck o the woods...have fun firin'. Smile
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Know where Mitchell's hunt club is?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I think so....hmmm.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodcroft has a woodchuck that is so large it was seen chasing a man across his yard. Wonder what he did to piss it off?
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: