FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: 68th District Court Magistrate issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Good Idea, I'll do it as soon as I get back. I received some of the tape from the meeting. but the last stuff is missin. I may have to FOIA that also before completely responding.
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

After some more thought I'm wondering didn't Scott Point out that along with the Court Administrator that the case Judge Hayman was citing was from two budgets ago?
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

How long has this person been working? I am told the superintendent approved using the money from this source.

Hayman initiated the special order.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I checked this morning and now the city site isn't working. But, It was in July I believe that she began reciving a check every two weeks Ranging from I believe 900 - 1500 every two weeks.

But she is being paid out of the Court's Professional Services account. Which is all and proper if that's how Judge Hayman wishes to spend that money. I want to go back though and add up what they've paid here and then review the budget Line item. just out of curiosity.

Because He is paying one Judge A Full Weeks wage but only has him going a half days work.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
He is paying one Judge A Full Weeks wage but only has him going a half days work.
Please clarify. Judges should be salaried, not hourly. Don't forget required class time.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Pretty Simple OOSL2, There is one judge that has been given a half work load. Thus creating the "Emergency" that Judge Hayman Created in order to "Contract hire" Ms. Terry. The funny thing is that she is not handling the case loadof the judge that only has a half day's schedule.

And BTW, The Supreme court didn't MANDATE that he run his court the way he is. They allow him to make his own choices and run his court the way he wants to.

The courts used to be on a rotation basis. Meaning, that all judges seen all cases and as they came up they were assigned in order.

Not one judge for Small Claims, One for Landlord tenant cases, One for traffic one for Misdemeaners etc...
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint has pretty much always had a magistrate. Anytime you challenged a ticket you saw the magistrate first. Trachelle reworked the municipal ordinances to have an impact on those scofflaws who allowed blight and other nuisances in our city. A magistrate was a key part of enforcement.
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:58 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted- Todays agenda resolution 100102 SUPERCEDES resolution 090784(adopted July 27, 2009) which allocated the Countrywide settlement to the District Court for a magistrate. The 250k will now be used for code enforcement.

Tracy Atkinson drew up the original resolution prior to getting an opinion from Cox as to how the money could be used.

The resolution to hire Wendy Johnson as Director of DCED for 80k is also on the agenda. What about the superintendent position of Atkinson?
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Where does Walling propose getting the 80K to pay Wendy, lay off more police officers?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Cool, Thanks, Well that explains where the money came from. I'm still kinda wondering why a Chief judge would be getting advise on appointments from a Budget director. but, I've got copy of the meeting now and I'll be listening to it tonight or tomorrow. The whole thing,
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Kincaid kept asking Eason where the money came from to hire the magistrate, but Eason kept giving him the "two step" and never answered the question. The Countrywide settlement could not be used for a magistrate.

Now, City Attorney Bade has come up with a scheme to eliminate the magistrate.
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ohh Ya to go Scott!
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Oops Way to Go Scott!
Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

While Ted Jankhowski did file a Judicial Tenure complaint in 2010, there does not appear to have been any action taken over the Magistrate flap.
Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The State did not do anything because of political reasons! The city however, did let Judge Hayman Know they were going to pursue it in court. Then Ms. Terry Stepped down. So the City dropped it. Once you understand that Judges are a Political appointment. Not an elected official. Then you'll understand why when one governor appoints another will protect their appointment. It's called the Good Ole Boy network. Political affiliation doesn't matter.

Also, the local media completely dropped the ball on the whole story. Ms. Terry even posted that I was lying and smearing her name. I offered an apology and would correct anything I stated as being incorrect or a lie? She never did tell em when the City Council approved her appointment as Magistrate, nor did she or anyone else provide proof she ever lived in Flint (the district in which she was appointed) As she lived in fenton or lake fenton). Reading the Michigan Law concerning appointments fo magistrates for the class in which Flint courts are. She was not able to be approved. Unless she wanted to do as Judge Dowd has or just move in with Judge Dowd and have an address in the city and a house in the county. But, even then. She would have still needed to be appointed by the City council. Which makes me wonder how Ms. Terry was getting paid without City council approval? They didn't approve her, so they couldn't have approved her pay. No one was ever held accountable for this. It was dropped in order to keep trowing good money after bad. (if you can believe that).
Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: