FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Crack heads use bridge card to buy crack?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was in Kroger the other day and watch a young couple load up a cart with 10 cases of assorted Big K soda. At check out they paid for the soda with a bridge card and left the store.

About 20 or 25 minutes the were back with the empty cans which they returned for the deposit.

I learned later from a Korger employee that the couple are crack heads and
they use the deposit to buy crack.

They spent $42.30 with tax to get $24.00.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That sounds about right after all its just our tax dollars hard at work. Thanks Democraps. I wonder how they would have reacted if that $24 was simply credited to their bridge card. Anybody able to show us a liberal giveaway program thats ever worked?? Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Not new Steve! In the late 90's the King Party Store on M.L. King and Dayton was one of a number of such stores busted for food stamp violations. They too bought food stamps. Some of the things the store offered were drugs and even guns.

This chain of criminal enterprise ran down into the Detroit area and even touched Lapeer county.
Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Steve you could have gotten 40% off on your groceries and you and the crackheads would have both come out ahead and the soda would not have been wasted. Wink
Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

A friend of mine told me that one time he saw a couple ( perhaps the same one) buy some cans of pop at a local store. Just down the road he saw this couple pouring the pop into the Kearsley Lake . I suspect that is what that couple Steve saw at Krogers did. If two people I know seen roughly the same activity of mis-use of their Bridge Cards I would say it is fairly widespread . Maybe there should be a hot line for people to call such activity .
Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Steve, how did they that pop so quick?

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I was in Kroger the other day and watch a young couple load up a cart with 10 cases of assorted Big K soda. At check out they paid for the soda with a bridge card and left the store.

About 20 or 25 minutes the were back with the empty cans which they returned for the deposit.

I learned later from a Korger employee that the couple are crack heads and
they use the deposit to buy crack.

They spent $42.30 with tax to get $24.00.
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Steve, how did they that pop so quick?

BBBUUUUUURRRRRRPPPPPPPPP!!!
Excuse me, where's the restroom? Laughing Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ledfloyd
F L I N T O I D

saw those same people lol pouring them out near the back of the store Laughing

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 am 
MyBridgeCard.com
F L I N T O I D

It's probably one of those same ppl that spam our drawing entry/marketing program with fake card numbers to affect his odds and try to scam our program. I saw something simular with a lady that bought several cases of faygo, dumped them in the parkng lot near my car. I asked her what she was doing and she said taking back the cans to get some "squares". Guess she thought I was rude to ask if her kids ate menthol or regular as part of their diet.

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: