FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ombudsman

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
mysearchisover.com

With the issue of the Ombudsman monitoring excessive force, does the Ombudsman prosecute officers that use excess force? I fail to see how the Ombudsman is a life and death issue whereas I do see needing more police as a life and death issue.

Adam Ford
http://mysearchisover.com
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:21 pm 
Ted Jankowski

Adam,
Maybe I can explain it like this. when your being robbed, you call the police. When you get pulled over and refuse to allow the officers to search your car because they do not have probable cause. Then you end up in jail with trumped up charges having never had so much as a traffic ticket and now your there for resisting arrest. Who do you call?
Or better yet. Here's one that happened to me. I had a crack head threaten me. He called the police because my dog's barked at him. Police showed up and harassed me. Because he was stoned. Who do I call? unfortunately the Ombudsman office failed to do their job. But that's what they are supposed to be there for.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: