FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Should the Copying and pasting be stopped?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Should the Copying and pasting be stopped?
Edit long stories to no more than a paragraph and supply a link for those who may be interested?
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Leave long stories unedited, we like it the way it is now?
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I would rather read articles about paleethnology than ones about paleoconservatism, We aren't ever going to go back to old days, the world has changed and we have let the inmates run the asylum, the best we can do is mere damage control. The welfare state is here to stay and about to increased soon. And if flinttalk had money ,well it probably wouldnt be here in Flint . If I had money I sure the hell wouldn't be here.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

AMEN!

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Did you notice its always the libs on the forum who have the C-P problem and its whenever a factual article is pasted about their goofy agendas or heroes.

Give me a break, is anything to you not a sad ideological struggle?

The problem with copypasta is always this: what the hell is the point? Where is the content? You have posters who will post an entire article, and then respond with articles, factual or otherwise - where is the content? If we came here for news aggregate services, and not actual conversation, then we could go somewhere else.

I have no problem with news stories being posted in all. I have always been a big fan of Somethingawful's news posting rules: if you post a news story, you have to add at least a couple sentences of context and commentary, otherwise you're wasting bandwidth. If all you want is to post an article, post a link. Otherwise, post something with actual content in it. Articles without user generated content is sad plagiarism with a purpose that can be accomplished in the comments section of any news service.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And if all you have to say is a bunch of blather based on your unqualified opinon does it have to be 5 paragraphs long? like you say what the hell is the point?? We know your fascinated by it but that dosent make it factual.If all we wanted to do is read leftist agenda driven opinons we could go to CNN MsNBC or the NY times not flintTalk.
Cutting and pasting an article by someone actually involved in whatever is being discussed makes much more sense.
Thanks for proving my point on its mostly libs who whine about the c-p posts. Very Happy

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Again, classifying without adequate reasoning.

The point is - conversation. That's what forums are for - news sites offer content that can be linked to or quoted or used for reference. Using news articles as arguments precludes you from having to defend your points (which you rarely if ever have adequately done). It stifles conversation and fills threads with supposed "facts."

You can go through any of my posts and fact check them - you will find that my comments, more often than the articles you quote in full without posting a link to the source, contain more content and researched fact than many of the articles you post. When talking to you, it isn't an actual conversation - it's insults and posted articles sans links - it's a waste of bandwidth. If you don't actually have an opinion or something to say, why are you even saying it?

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
Adam, I would rather read articles about paleethnology than ones about paleoconservatism, We aren't ever going to go back to old days, the world has changed and we have let the inmates run the asylum, the best we can do is mere damage control. The welfare state is here to stay and about to increased soon. And if flinttalk had money ,well it probably wouldnt be here in Flint . If I had money I sure the hell wouldn't be here.

Right on. We are moving forward here in America with things like our "Green jobs" programs and fixing things like Iarq and Afghanistan which are far more important than saving social security for the USSA Amerikan tax slaves.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 pm 
sujith
F L I N T O I D

It's always worked for me. I simply bypass anything pasted.
Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: