FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why was it wrong?.. .council violated the spirit of OPEN ..

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flint Citizen
F L I N T O I D

Has it occurred to anyone else that the first act of our new Flint MI USA city council was to violate the spirit of the open meeting act! Then adding insult to injury new council had to explain to the media that they had not sold their vote and they are not a rubber stamp for the mayor! Oh boy!
Post Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:02 pm 
Ted Jankowski

Well, I thought that came across a bit self conscience. If there wasn't a conflict, why was there such a big deal made about defending a position that you "never had". I didn't like the imagery used of the Rubber Stamp by incumbents. Reminded me too much of GWB's Waffle man stupidity. But when your right your right. They have turned into a rubber stamp. I was thinking of having one made for each of the council members and then sending it to Don. That way we don't have to actually have meetings any more. Save time and money.
Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: