FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Comcast Cable
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
You go, Dave!

I take it you don't have Comcast now, then?

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
DSL for the internet, Directv for TV. Just say NO! to Comcrap.

Haven't had it for a year.

Our neighbor 2 doors down has it & I see the "service" truck here every couple weeks. She wanted their internet; her computer doesn't have a network port, so they told her to buy a new computer instead of adding a $15.00 network card. She wanted their phone service & it took them over a month to get it to work reliably. Then she had an alarm installed & found out it wouldn't call the monitoring station; took Comcrap 2 weeks to sort that out. Would you believe, she STILL has Comcrap!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Here's what I find interesting. Att who sponsored the legislation PA 480 2006. I believe was the New Att which is actually owned by Comcast. Comcast leases the bandwidth to ATT. Interesting. Att using thier old Name SBC socked money into Every Local Representatives campaign with PAC money. Every One of them! Lee, Brenda, Debra, John, They accepted money. It was more of Well if everyone else is going along with it I should take the money too type deals.

None of them really understood the legislation. Even though you can read the arguments on the Floor of the House and Senate. Which warned all of them what would happen. Higher Rates, Less Service, dismantling of Public Access Television and the studios. They were all warned. They all choose to accept ATT's version of what would happen that it would create Competition, and lower rates. Which if you take an hour and read the Bill, you'll realise the last few paragraphs nullify the first two thrids that talk about the "Creating of Competition and fairness" which isn't really outlined there either.

As far as I can tell and have to believe. They voted for it because they were being given money. Plain and simple. The Arguement that it would create compeition only begs for the response, "What line or paragraph in the Bill PA480 from 2006 actually promotes or guarantees competition?" ANSWER: NONE OF THEM!

Anther BS answer I was given. I voted for it because I believe my constituents want lower cable bills! This also begs the Question: "What line or paragraph in the Bill PA480 from 2006 actually promotes or guarantees Lower cable bills When IN FACT this legisaltion in 18 other states actually made the cable bills go up? (Did anyone notice the same thing happen here? The Cable bills when up just as Those of us who opposed the BIlL said they would.) Hmm We had a pretty good track record to follow. It happened in 18 other states that passed that legislation. BUt, ou elected officials thought it would be different here. RIGHT??
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

If your assessment is correct. Why do we need these pimps of special interests and who claim to represent the people, in the legislature or in flint politics? Has not Flint had enough sell-outs? You can see my forum on this very subject at flinttalk.com access THE "IN MY OPINION" SHOW and scroll down to comcast cable.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:46 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ronald, THis is the Comcast Cable Line of Posts. Thus why I posted it here. <grin>

Oh and what I said is true. Adam even took the time to post where SBC put pac money into the legislators Campaigns.

I have posted here and also on my fackbook more in depth articles about what they did. However, people don't really care. Our local media TV12, The Flint Urinal, Channel 5 they are not driven by issues they are driven by profit. It's a free market. The idea is to create sensation to gain viewers. In doing that these "NEWS" and I use that term loosely, have refused to report the news and instead go for ratings over content. THey have turned off their customer base because of it and now outlets such as the Flint Journal have to cut back. Instead of reporting the facts. All these local media resources report everything through a shifter that shifts out the actual facts and bias's their reporting in Favor of their advertisers. God forbid they report the truth about Williamson, or about the Genesee Valley, Etc, THe media here has become politicians instead of watch dogs.

Your show is very appropreately named "In My Opinion". Sometimes it drives me crazy when you try to ask a question based on your opinion as a fact. But, it is your show and it is your opinion. I would prefer to watch it over reading the Journal's opinion which is being sold as unbiased. I hope that makes sense. THat is integrity in reporting. Let people know where you are coming from. Don't pass it off as fact when it is really an Opinion. That's all it takes to make me happy.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Good observation. My role is to try and make people think. And to discuss what I want and my team wants to discuss without any editing by those that are to chicken shit to speak-up.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change we seek.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: