FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: CITY OF FLINT, MICHIGAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If Poplar runs, I can see the bug spray and paper airplane incidents being revisited. Right now, among the 10 running so far, It looks like voting for the "lesser of the evils" again.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Well, for starters I'm in Gonzales' ward(sigh). Hopefully that goof will be voted out this fall. However, I digress. Loyd comes across as a fresh, energetic personality who hasn't been poisoned by the other council members. He is an independent thinker and seems to have some decent ideas about making Flint a better place.(at least the 1st ward). I don't know that he's the best out there, but definitely the best choice off the council, in my humble opinion.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply. I shall not respond any further to you flint 8. or is it Mr. H? See, I didn't disclose your full name. We will keep that between us. The duty shift is beginning. Roll call is about to begin. Nice talking to you. I'll probably see you somewhere in the neighborhood of city hall eventually.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:09 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Bossman, stick close. I'm responding to you next. This idiot ronald is becoming a bigger pain in the ass than the city council was to the Don!

Ronald, I'm glad you've decided to utilize the 2% of brain cells you have left and decided not to respond further to me. You only dig a deeper hole every time you open up that incredibly stupid trap of yours. Simply put, you're an idiot. Since my real last name begins with a "P" how am I Mr. H? I missed that one. Another dumb deduction on your part. If I ever see you at city hall, introduce yourself. Of course, you'll be the only one there not on the board who'll be talking shit. I'm at city hall quite a bit, which may be where you'll run into me.

Bossman, I don't think your opinion is humble. You seem like you make a good argument for Loyd. I'd just like to know what he's showed you or said to make you think that. I won't deny you may totally right about him. In fact, I don't doubt he is the best choice out there. I just think that Poplar or Kincaid, while you may not like them, weren't afraid to stand up to the Don and for the people. I liked that. I don't doubt Loyd does that, too. Poplar has taken some pretty big stances for the people that got my respect. Isn't that what these council members are really supposed to do?

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

He is a good council person

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Well, for starters I'm in Gonzales' ward(sigh). Hopefully that goof will be voted out this fall. However, I digress. Loyd comes across as a fresh, energetic personality who hasn't been poisoned by the other council members. He is an independent thinker and seems to have some decent ideas about making Flint a better place.(at least the 1st ward). I don't know that he's the best out there, but definitely the best choice off the council, in my humble opinion.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Flint8, Poplar and Kincaid may have stood up to the Don, but what was their motivation. Poplar stikes me as just a straight up goof, Kincaid is a wanna be mayor who fought because he wanted to look righteous(and some of the time I'm not sure he was). Loyd on the other hand seems genuine and hell bent on doing what is right for his constituents. I am a city employee, and as I've stated, I don't reside in Loyd's ward. However, he seems as though he rationalizes his decisions based on common sense and what is best for the community. He may not know a damn thing about running a city, but he has got to be better than the rest of the council. They bear a great deal of blame for the current mess we're in. They should all be voted out in November.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: