FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Red Wings

Topic: Darren McCarty to join the Generals

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Where's the Generals Forum?
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=5863677

Former Red Wing hopes to make NHL comebackBy J.B. RicksFLINT (WJRT) -- (12/31/07)--He once scored a hat trick in the Stanley Cup finals. Now former Red Wing Darren McCarty is attempting a comeback in Flint.
McCarty has agreed to sign with the Flint Generals in an attempt to revive his career and get back to the NHL.
McCarty met with team officials to talk about getting a physical and clearing up paperwork with the IHL. But his fans can't wait for him to get through the red tape and step onto the ice.
It's expected McCarty will be with the Generals
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:46 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Sweet Very Happy

...thats all i have to say on that...

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:18 am 
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

McCarty will be a great addition that the Generals could really use right now. Put him in coach!!!!
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Xantasia, he was a great addition for about a month or so last year. Then the Grand Rapids Griffins picked him up, and then the Red Wings. He's still with the Red Wings as of late.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:01 am 
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

LOL...well dont I feel stupid! You know I loked for a date on these postings and seemed to have missed it. Since I wasnt a generals fan last season I missed that. Dang. I knew of McCarty from before when he played and he was great. Too bad he didnt stay. The Generals need a little " pick me up " this season hope they find something soon.

I'll pay closer attention from now on....
Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:15 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree Xantasia! What do you think they can do to get their ass in gear?

quote:
Xantasia schreef:
LOL...well dont I feel stupid! You know I loked for a date on these postings and seemed to have missed it. Since I wasnt a generals fan last season I missed that. Dang. I knew of McCarty from before when he played and he was great. Too bad he didnt stay. The Generals need a little " pick me up " this season hope they find something soon.

I'll pay closer attention from now on....

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

I sure wish I had some intelligent thought on that. My home team is having a little motivation and focus problem too. One game they all play like they should be in the NHL and the next game they couldnt beat a pee-wee team.

Both teams need to focus on the things that work for them and be more consistant with what they know they can do. Im sure the coaches have told them that. Since I havent actually seen a Generals game this season I just keep up through news clippings and whats posted on the website its hard for me to get a picture of whats really going on there.

I dont think I have seen Zaniboni's % so bad except when he played for us and that wasnt his fault. We had no defense in front of him. Poor Dekker got booed(?) off the ice his first home game with us. Again not his fault. Our team would stop just short of our zone and just let the other team skate right to our goalies and take shots. Pathetic team playing.
This season whole new team. New coach, bunch of rookies. Not much better except our D shows up occassionally now.

I told the coach to give me 10 minutes alone with the team and when I got through kicking thier asses they would either play every game or quit.
Its so frustrating as a fan, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for the team. Espscially those who show up to play every night.

I just keep cheering them on and hope the coach comes up with something soon for both teams. I really hope not to see Zaniboni end up getting traded off again. I have seen him play incredibly on a consistant basis and I know he can do it. Seems like goalies are the first to get traded often when a team is not winning. I want to come next season and watch a couple games and I hope Z is still playing for the Generals when I come. I have pictures I need him to sign. LOL...

Well if you or the coach come up with any good plans let me know. Laughing
Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 am 
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

Dang my spelling and typing is almost as pathetic as our team playing. Razz
Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:35 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: