FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Feed Back

Topic: Sports section

Author    Post Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

Sad Im very sad there's no Flint Generals Hockey in your sports section.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Me too, we need to support our home team!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

I have looked all over the internet for some kind of message board or forum for the Generals. I thought I had found one when I saw this site. Wrong. LOL...Theres a forum for IHL but I havent been able to find it yet.
3 of my favorite players moved to the IHL this season and its been hard to keep up with them . 2 play for the Flint Generals now and one was playing for Ft. Wayne Komets but had a recent injury that im sure will put him out for the remainder of the season. My son and I wanted to come up and catch a game this season but looks like were gonna have to wait till next season. Hopefully these players will still be there.

Anyways Im trying to keep up with the Generals best I can from Wichita. So if you go to the games yell really loud for me too.
GO GENERALS!!!
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:46 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Xantasia schreef:

Xantasia, if you post they will come!lol
You are more than welcome to take the sport forums over and make it happen.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
torgohugo
F L I N T O I D

I hope the Generals are better examples for our youth than this guy:

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

I took my two oldest to "Star Wars Night with the Generals." The kids were terrified of the all too realistic costumes of General Grievous and Darth Vader. Other than the psychlogical damage done by exposing small children to frightening characters from a galaxy far far away we had a good time. I especially liked: This power play is brought to you by Ryan Eashoo. Nice touch.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:49 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gotta support the home team squash!!!

quote:
squash schreef:
I took my two oldest to "Star Wars Night with the Generals." The kids were terrified of the all too realistic costumes of General Grievous and Darth Vader. Other than the psychlogical damage done by exposing small children to frightening characters from a galaxy far far away we had a good time. I especially liked: This power play is brought to you by Ryan Eashoo. Nice touch.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
quote:
Xantasia schreef:

Xantasia, if you post they will come!lol
You are more than welcome to take the sport forums over and make it happen.

Ahh, thanks for the offer Mr. Myers but I dont know enough about the Generals to run a Forum on them. I was simply looking for a place where I can try to keep up with whats happening with the Generals since I am unable to be there. There are some great guys on your home team and if I was a local you can bet I would take you up on that and support my home town IHL team.
I realize there is information on the Generals web site as well as the IHL's web site however no one has as good information as hometown fans. Are you a fan Mr. Myers?
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:03 am 
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
torgohugo schreef:
I hope the Generals are better examples for our youth than this guy:

Other than the physical play on ice that some people call violent, pro-hockey players are generally very wonderful people off ice. They know that it is a privilege to get payed for something they love to do and they are very humble. At least that has been my experience with meeting hockey players and I have met quite a few. There is always the exception of course. I do know that Bill Zaniboni and Adam Dekker (2 of the Generals Goalies) are very wonderful guys. My son is 9 and he met them both last season while they played for our home team. You should get to know your home team. Great role models for kids in my opinion.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:26 am 
Xantasia
F L I N T O I D

Hey Mr. Myers, I was just thinking about how my post reply could sound/read and I want to make sure its not taken out of context. No sarcasm or rudeness intended. Thanks. I love hockey and have a favorite team in every league. The Generals just happen to be my favorite in the IHL and the fact that two of my favorite goalies now play for them is just gravy!!!!
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

[url=http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000602313850]Flint Generals Facebook Page[/url]

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: