FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger

Topic: The Mayor Hung up on Roman??

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I listen and it seem like the Mayor was irritated from the start of the interview.

When Roman brought up a comment that Flint police union president Keith Speer had said in a prior interview the Mayor got madder and said that he did not have time for morons.

The interview when on for another minute or so until Roman asked a question about the legalities of the 26 point restructuring plan.

That set the Mayor off and he hung up.

I think it was just a bad hair day for the Mayor and I hope Roman does not give up on interviewing the Mayor in the future.

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ben

It would seem as though every day is a "bad hair day" for the Mayor.
Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:27 pm 
Larry

I heard both interviews and thought Roman was dead on with his questions.

He did not disrespect the mayor and was fair to a fault. I did laugh when Roman said he felt like Chris Wallace and the mayor sounded a bit like Clinton.
And I dont think Roman should give up interviewing him another time but I dont remember anything like that being mentioned.
Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:09 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I listen and it seem like the Mayor was irritated from the start of the interview.

When Roman brought up a comment that Flint police union president Keith Speer had said in a prior interview the Mayor got madder and said that he did not have time for morons.

The interview when on for another minute or so until Roman asked a question about the legalities of the 26 point restructuring plan.

That set the Mayor off and he hung up.

I think it was just a bad hair day for the Mayor and I hope Roman does not give up on interviewing the Mayor in the future.

To John Roman, I say, Welcome Back to Flint Radio and Flint Politics John. And welcome to the donald.

He found out that the mayor has a specific view regarding interviews...you are either COMPLETELY in agreement with him [don't challenge me even with impartial questions] OR you are AGAINST him.

There is no middle ground. Impartiality will not be tolerated. Its either For, or against.

Once you are deemed "against", you are the object of ridicule and invectives. No civil treatment allowed. If he has the opportunity, he will malign and impugn you.

He called the former council members [on Dave Barber's Show] thieves, drug addicts, alcoholics, and virtually perverts and pedophiles. Its amazing to me he hasn't been taken to court, except that I conjecture he has deeper pockets than the people he maligns and thus they would be fight a losing battle. He has already shown how vindictive he can be by vowing never to pay the damages of citizens from the faulty sewer system who have won judgements. He is tenacious in his vindictiveness. And that makes him a threat to anyone who crosses him or challenges his positions.

Already he calls his "hand picked" council "morons" because they will not immediately support his 50 new cops plans. Even though all they wanted to do was have more time to study the issue; he takes their non-support personally and an immediate act of treason to be dealt with harshly and with no compromise.

And thats just the type of person he is. In business, that "take no prisoners, no compromise" can indeed win you wealth and success. People who work for him in the private sector have to weigh whether the treatment is worth the compensation. If not, they can leave and find a new job. In politics its different. Someone elected to office now finds they

In public leadership, it eventually leads to being thrown out of office once the number of people who are burned by his mean-spirited decisions out-weighs people who appreciate the benefits of his accomplishments. As he is still delivering tangible benefits to the city, it remains to be seen whether there are enough people who have felt the wrath of the donald and have seen what a miserable human being he can be; to be voted out next year.

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:24 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

whoops, lost a sentence there...

"In politics its different. Someone elected to office now finds they....."

end up having to work with other elected officals like the donald, really have no choice. They either quit or grin and bear it, and look for opportunities to cooperate and otherwise hope he eventually leaves the scene.

Like I have said, as long as he delivers tangible improvements [which the previous administrations couldn't deliver] people wil put up with his odious personality..as long as he doesn't engage in serious criminal activities, voters will put up with rude, uncivil behavior.

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: