FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Flint Journal

Topic: Downtown Flint Parking

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic

All of the meters are broken on the street. Consequently there is free parking. Guess who uses all of the spaces? THE FEW EMPLOYEES THAT WORK DOWNTOWN. The patrons, of which there are consiuderable and those that use the municipal services, have nowhere to park. The City must be losing a great deal of $ by not enforcing the parking and installing new meters.
Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:56 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why put up new? If parking meters aren't even safe in front of the Police Dept or City Hall... what's the sense?

If the Mayor keeps with his policy of "covering up" instead of fixing the problem. We may end up with images of Parking meters. That way it looks good. BUt doesn't accomplish anything. lol

No really, I believe the downtown business assocation is going to be replacing them with newer up to date meters. These new meters are supposed to be more theft proof.
Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
LL

DOWNTOWN NEEDS MORE PARKING SPACES
Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:59 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
We may end up with images of Parking meters. That way it looks good. BUt doesn't accomplish anything. lol

Hey as long as they use those lifesize cut-out pictures of parking enforcement officers, it works for me!!

They could expand it to patrol officers, like on freeways where the police sometimes put a patrol car out with a dummy in it to get traffic to slow down...
Flint could "hire" a couple of hundred officers overnight with some help from Kinko's and some foamboard. Stick them up all over town.

"You have a complaint M'am...step right over here. Officer Silent Silas will take your complaint"

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:22 pm 
W.R.Hearst

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
We may end up with images of Parking meters. That way it looks good. BUt doesn't accomplish anything. lol

Hey as long as they use those lifesize cut-out pictures of parking enforcement officers, it works for me!!

They could expand it to patrol officers, like on freeways where the police sometimes put a patrol car out with a dummy in it to get traffic to slow down...
Flint could "hire" a couple of hundred officers overnight with some help from Kinko's and some foamboard. Stick them up all over town.

"You have a complaint M'am...step right over here. Officer Silent Silas will take your complaint"

You are so one point. Is Kinko's a union printer?
Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:43 pm 
W.R.Hearst

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

You are so one point. Is Kinko's a union printer?
Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:43 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Downtown Flint needs more parking, we need to build some parking decks, hell build up. I think they should tear some of the old ones down, and create new modern ones.( 5- 10 stories tall )

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Tear down the old parking ramps that is.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Bottom line we need more parking down here!

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: