FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Flint Journal

Topic: Somebody got dissed at chuck e cheese
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hundreds of thosands every election vote for liberals too. Whats that tell ya???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:56 am 
last time here

that nova has deluded your thinking....
let the rev. LTH help you.
donate it and i guarantee your needs will be met tenfold!! Cool Cool

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:00 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

As soon as weather permitting Im gonna make an in car video of the Nova getting a little squirrly and seeing how quick it can get to 100+. If I can figure out my new video editing software that is. Laughing Laughing All legally of course. Wink Laughing

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:02 pm 
last time here

dude....you BETTER post it here....................please Wink Wink

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
As soon as weather permitting Im gonna make an in car video of the Nova getting a little squirrly and seeing how quick it can get to 100+. If I can figure out my new video editing software that is. Laughing Laughing All legally of course. Wink Laughing

Wow you and LTH really know how to hijack a thread.....Smile Smile

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not much more to sat about Dimwits Pizzas and fighting. Laughing

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 am 
Former Flint

If you dont think bad things happen to good people, your lying to yourself. My mother was attacked at about 6 am at the meijers on center rd two years ago. Guy grabbed her around the neck as she was about to walk in the store. She screamed loud enough that it scared him and he let go. He was caught a few minutes later.

If you don't think some guy can just walk into a store on a bad day and start indiscriminately shooting people, your lying to yourself. Happens all the time. Happened where I live about 5 years ago. A guy walked into a Radio Shack store and killed 4 people he never knew. Shot a 5th person in the face, bliniding him. Then he killed himself.

This is not a Disney world we live in. The real world has carjackings, homicides, and rapes. You can't be paranoid, but you cant be ill prepared either. I may be out an about on occasion without my lil buddy. But whenever I am out with my family, I always carry my .40. No way I could ever live with myself if something bad happened to them that I could have prevented if I had been carrying my Glock.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 am 
last time here

i agree it's a right to protect yourself and yes, i know
things happen. i'm sorry that happened to your mother.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Aw what the hell just forget it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Case closed: No charges in fights at Chuck E. Cheese
by Shannon Murphy | The Flint Journal
Sunday February 03, 2008, 9:46 PM
Flint-area authorities say the case is closed on a nationally publicized brawl at a Flint Township pizzeria.

A family feud caused the fight at the Chuck E. Cheese, Genesee County Undersheriff James Gage said. No one filed a formal complaint and officers could not point out who was assaulting who in the Jan. 26 fight at the restaurant at 3489 Miller Road, Flint Township, he said.

Gage also disputed the number of people involved.

"There were 20-30 people in a big crowd. We broke it up, and that was it."

Some reports estimated that as many as 80 people were involved in the fight.

Margie Waters, who was there for her granddaughter's fifth birthday party, contended police didn't take witness statements and simply ordered everyone out of the restaurant.

"It was almost like a nightmare," Waters said. "Kids were screaming. It was almost like we were in a stampede."

The Chuck E. Cheese caper has drawn attention from all over the country, including a report Thursday on CNN. Many Web sites have used the incident, and the idea of a brawl at a children's restaurant to poke fun at the Flint area.

It is not the first time fighting at Chuck E. Cheese has drawn national attention. A Sept. 25, 2007, fight with a dozen teenagers in Gulfport, MS., drew comments on many national web sites. Similiar fights were reported at Matteson, Ill., Warren, MI., and Victorville, Ca.

The Flint-area brawl begin shortly before 9 p.m. Jan. 26 with a fight involving three teenage girls at the pizza parlor at 3489 Miller Road, police said. A Genesee County sheriff's paramedic and a state trooper were first on the scene and quickly got the fight under control, police said.

But another fight broke out within minutes, and Flint Township police said it escalated from there. Police estimated that 75-85 people were fighting at one point.

She said the incident was sparked by several youths ages 16 to 18 who were trying to cause problems. Near the end of Waters' party, she said, one of the teens bumped into someone in her party and tried to start a fight.

"They bumped into my friend, and when she asked them not to walk into her anymore, they hit her," Waters said. " There had to be 12 to 15 girls on one girl."
Waters said when police arrived, they immediately used pepper spray instead of trying to find out who started the fight. That made the incident worse because people began scrambling to find their children and get out of harm's way, she said.

Police confirmed they used pepper spray to control the crowd.

No arrests were made, police said.

Waters said she won't return to the restaurant because of safety concerns.

Chuck E. Cheese officials said Monday that the brawl was an isolated incident caused by a few teenagers. Company policies are not expected to change because of the incident.

According to the township, police have been called to the restaurant's address 36 times since the start of 2007. The records don't differentiate between incidents inside the restaurant and those in the parking lot .

For local parents and grandparents, such as Waters, the most recent episode is just too much.

"We'd been there several times before, and nothing happened," she said. "But I never want to go there again."

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:44 pm 
last time here

i can't speak for the authority that is allowing this to pass, BUT, i'd
have certainly made a serious impression on these bad ass kids
and their parents!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 pm 
Smakutus
F L I N T O I D

I like how people waited until the pepper spray started flying to grab their kids and get out of there. Wink

Jeff
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

The problem with carrying a gun to be "prepared" is that you still have to render the judgment about when the deadly force is necessary, and you still have to make the decision to take a life.

That is much different than encountering an intruder in your house. So I'm at the mall, I see a guy coming toward me with what seems to be a knife, do I shoot him?

I'll likely end up the one in jail. It's too hard for one to *KNOW* when danger is imminent.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
The problem with carrying a gun to be "prepared" is that you still have to render the judgment about when the deadly force is necessary, and you still have to make the decision to take a life.

That is much different than encountering an intruder in your house. So I'm at the mall, I see a guy coming toward me with what seems to be a knife, do I shoot him?

I'll likely end up the one in jail. It's too hard for one to *KNOW* when danger is imminent.

It's called situational awareness.
I would put my hand in a position to be able to quickly draw my gun. The instant I know it's a knife, I draw. If he/she is within 6 feet and doesn't stop immediately, I pull the trigger. A person has the right to defend him/her self when threatened.

I would much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

That said, I pray it never happens, BUT, I will be ready if it does.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
It's too hard for one to *KNOW* when danger is imminent.

And too late to do something about it if you have not prepared in advance. The good thing about concealed carry laws are you have the option to choose whether you want to or not. I choose to. Very Happy
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:00 pm 
last time here

thats a dangerous situation dave. a guy walking toward you in a mall
(crowded), he gets within 6 feet of you and you shoot only to discover
he has a playstation controller in his hand. you'd be fried in court.
i'm sure you wouldn't make that mistake but there are lots of paranoid
people who will kill someone for no reason. guns are not made for
everyone.......

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:50 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: