FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Bob Leonard Show

Topic: Channel 17 new time slots?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Noticed on the Channel 17 program lineup Bob Leonard's show will be Tuesday at 10:30 and Wednesday 11:00. Need to verify this.

Edited: Wed. 11:15 pm. -- The Wed. 11:00 p.m. time slot not correct.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

00SL2, I've confirmed those times with both the FACT 17 schedule and my Southfield contacts. Both have Bob's show Tuesday from 8-9pm, and then again Wednesday from 11-12.

You'll see some changes, due to the new state-wide programming schedule.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

so when does this start??? Cool Cool Cool

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:30 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

It already has. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Mark, Bob's show was not aired Wed., Jan. 23rd, 2008 at 11 p.m. Do you know a Comcast phone number to complain to when a program is not aired as announced? This is the first time I've heard of a "state-wide programming schedule." Does this mean PEG programming is going to be the same statewide? Where can we get a copy of the schedule, or can you post it or a link?

I tried calling Comcast today at the local number and got somebody in Plymouth--who transferred me to another number which had "press 1" "press 2" etc. Then there was a recording about PEG channels not being moved yet but if you have a box you can still use it. Confused
Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:10 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

00SL2, has Bob's show been airing regularly?

Steve (our super site admin hero) called me last night. He’ll be putting up more of my shows online - here, YouTube, and FlintVideo, so be looking out for those! Anyway, he mentioned that Bob’s show isn’t being taken to Southfield, and Bob hasn’t done any new shows since the studio closed. This may be the reason for it. You said it didn’t air on Wednesday, but did he even have a show to air? Was it logged in and cleared through Southfield? Maybe the paperwork wasn’t submitted for programming and it wasn’t logged in.

You asked if I knew a Comcast phone number to complain to when a program is not aired as announced. Yes! Plenty of them. I definitely know all the right contacts and would be more than happy to give you numbers, but am a bit hesitant. Before you call Comcast, please contact Bob or Sally Haywood (his producer director). They may not have any shows to air, or may not be continuing to tape, even though his show is still on the schedule. If you do that first and it still should be airing, let me know. Send me an email (at my website or PM me here) and I can definitely hook you up with the right people.

The “state-wide programming schedule” which I was referring is pertaining to the universal franchise agreement terms. For every PA studio in every area who submits programs and are accepted by Southfield. I know you’re aware of what’s been happening, right?

PEG programming is going to be the same channel statewide, 916, but not the same programs. Thanks to digital, they’re able to split area programming and cater it to the individual communities.

While there’s not a link, I’d be more than happy to attach a schedule calendar to you in an email.

You called and got Plymouth Comcast? Ah, yes. My good friends in Plymouth. Here’s their normal calling program. Be sure to press the following numbers, depending on your need:

#1 - For English. It’s broken English, but English none-the-less.
#2 – For Spanish. This may involve a lengthy wait, but uplifting Salsa music will play for the duration of the call.
#3 - To query a missing payment, ask about a charge, or inquire why you owe a $2.78 restroom fee.
#4 - To make an appointment to see someone
#5 - To transfer the call to the Comcast break room in case they’re having a high-speed coffee.
#6 - To make an appointment to see another someone, in case the #4 someone was in the break room.
#7 – To make a cable, internet, or phone payment.
#8 – To get Comcast installed so you can make a cable, internet, or phone payment.
#9 - To return to the main menu and listen to options 1 through 8 again, even though none of them apply.

I’m getting hundreds of extra hits on my website, just from Flinttalk and FlintVideo alone!

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:12 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Geez OH Pete's

Forget about the regular programming, what is going on now that things have changed?

I went to scope things out and I witnessed a claymation dohickey with a potato with a glass eye and arms with three fingers no opposible(sp) appendage was noted. Came across a potato chip bag and the potato chips marched out one by one to claim the missing potato that they needed to complete the package.....needless to say I ran toward the fridge to get a beverage so I could understand it more......??

I take it that we're getting different programming now from across the state? Or was is Mr. Bonto playing a trick on us? Smile

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Mark, you forgot option number 10, which is to dial zero: "This will give you warm fuzzies to think that we even programmed a line to a real operator, what you will get is someone that looks and acts like Mr. Whiggins' assistant on the Carol Burnette Show.......beep. Then we will connect you to someone named Mr. Click......the name of the gentleman that hangs up on you, he has the only job security in the corporation, this is only his job, to hang up, that is."

Option number 11? We will give you a discount on the next purchase toward a new phone, because we know that you will flush it down the toilet or throw it in the fireplace to burn in effigy once you have become frustrated with our service. The replacement that we will be offering? A brand new analog cellular phone at deep discounted rates.

OY. Meshugana.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Andi, nope - there's no trick that's being played by Mr. Bonto. Digital programming has allowed for all state-wide cable access programs to be on the same channel!

So I forgot options #10 and #11, huh? I like yours, but they must be with a different cable company. The options #10 and #11 with our guys are:

Press 1-0 and you'll hear: "That wasn't fast enough. To be able to press numbers faster, press 1-7-3. But do it quickly. Otherwise, you'll be directed to our operator at option #341."

Press 1-1 and you'll hear: "You've reached the operator in Guatemala. Since you originally pressed "1-4-2-7-5-9" we know you speak English. Since only one man speaks English in our Guatemalan office, please hold for 48 minutes. You'll hear several small beeps and one long beep. That means that you'll soon be deaf from listening to all our beeps."

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:17 pm 
last time here

i give up!! Mad Mad

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:55 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

No Mark you are correct, we both have Comcast....maybe I dialed a different number...<evil grin>

So with the digital programming from across the state, I am going to see a lot more of claymation potatoes? Maybe I should start drinking heavily to fathom what I am watching......nah. Wink

I am not used to the new preachers on there, I liked our areas preachers, they grew on me......oy.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: