FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Comedy On Tap

Topic: Comedy on Tap The book by Mark Bonto

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mark Bonto's talented writing ability is as good as it gets.
He demonstrates the exceptional ability of being truly hilarious.
He's won numerous acting and writing awards, and has been a professional stand-up comedian since 1978.

He also writes for his award-winning television show, and has written hundreds of skits, poems, short stories, and plays.

With Comedy on Tap, Mark takes us on a hilarious journey.
From his incredibly funny poems, one of which explains why he wants to become the President ("I Want To Become President"), to his profound personal quotes and real-life interview, to an extraordinarily funny skit about an old married couple ("Reminiscing"), right through to a comical story about a man who suddenly realizes he's lost ("Lost"), it's truly enjoyable to read.

You'll find yourself frequently laughing out loud, and discover what makes him so extremely funny. This is a tremendously humorous collection of parables, poems, skits, and other funny anecdotes. Comedy on Tap gives Mark a chance to display the two things simultaneously he loves to do best: writing and comedy. In an amazingly funny blend of both, you'll see why he's one of the funniest authors there's ever been!

Link:
http://tinyurl.com/yoytvd

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Well, I for one just jumped on amazon and ordered Mr. Bonto's book. I enjoy good comedy and moreover I like supporting our local artists in their endeavors and wish Mr. Bonto the best with his book.

Ok, enough with my polite reply....

Hey Mark, I hope you make some cash from these sales but even more, I hope I like your book. If not, I will have to poke fun of you mercilessly as often as I can.

I'll post my opinion as soon as I get it read. Muhahahaa

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:29 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Mark is funny even when he is ordering soup! He does the Bozo shuffle and says "nyuk, nyuk ,nyuk". Hey Mark are you going to have a book signing at Pages Bookstore?

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Wow, do I love all you guys! Very nice comments - thank you! You make me feel like a real star! Just be sure to watch "Semi-Pro" and see if you can spot me! Laughing

Opprimo, thank you. Good comments and a very nice, polite reply. That will be last nice thing I read from you, since you'll soon be reading my book! That book ("Comedy On Tap") was my first (I've written and published six), so it's a bit raw and silly. Not as good as I would have liked, but still something to be proud of. Thanks, moreover, for supporting our local artists here in Flint in their endeavors. Thanks, too, for wishing me the best. To be honest, as much as I don't talk this up (and you did bring up the subject), that book sold more copies for that publisher during the first year than any other humor book! Pretty impressive, huh? Very Happy So, yes, the cash royalties have been pretty good, but I haven't purchased that boat yet. Be easy on me, though, when posting your opinion of the book, Opprimo. Remember - I'm a local guy! I'm sure you'll have plenty to poke fun of me mercilessly, as often as you can.

Wow - I'm finding myself writing a book here!

Lunchlady, thank you too for the comments! Very, very nice of you! You asked if I was going to have a book signing at Pages Bookstore? I have been invited by the owner (she was at the studio I shoot my show), but I have not got back to her on it. Guess I'm waiting to buy that boat! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thnaks again, everybody!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Mark, I'll admit I'm a closet Mark Bonto and COT fan! I ordered your book a few years ago and loved it. No, it's not your best work, but was probably the funniest "dry" humor I've ever read! You gotta have that dry, warped sense of humor to really understand your funnies in that book.

I'm not familiar with two of them (you said you've written and published six), but I have read and thoroughly enjoyed three other books you've written!

Good job, Mark, you're a true local hero (much more than Michael Moore)! Keep up the good work! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:45 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Man oh man, I had assumed it was your 'new' book Smile I'll keep the fact that it is your first one in mind when I'm reading it Razz hehe. I am glad to hear that it has been as successfully as it has. I imagine thats a pretty tough market to compete in.

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Wow, do I love all you guys! Very nice comments - thank you! You make me feel like a real star! Just be sure to watch "Semi-Pro" and see if you can spot me! Laughing

Opprimo, thank you. Good comments and a very nice, polite reply. That will be last nice thing I read from you, since you'll soon be reading my book! That book ("Comedy On Tap") was my first (I've written and published six), so it's a bit raw and silly. Not as good as I would have liked, but still something to be proud of. Thanks, moreover, for supporting our local artists here in Flint in their endeavors. Thanks, too, for wishing me the best. To be honest, as much as I don't talk this up (and you did bring up the subject), that book sold more copies for that publisher during the first year than any other humor book! Pretty impressive, huh? Very Happy So, yes, the cash royalties have been pretty good, but I haven't purchased that boat yet. Be easy on me, though, when posting your opinion of the book, Opprimo. Remember - I'm a local guy! I'm sure you'll have plenty to poke fun of me mercilessly, as often as you can.

Wow - I'm finding myself writing a book here!

Lunchlady, thank you too for the comments! Very, very nice of you! You asked if I was going to have a book signing at Pages Bookstore? I have been invited by the owner (she was at the studio I shoot my show), but I have not got back to her on it. Guess I'm waiting to buy that boat! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thnaks again, everybody!

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:01 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
Man oh man, I had assumed it was your 'new' book Smile I'll keep the fact that it is your first one in mind when I'm reading it Razz hehe. I am glad to hear that it has been as successfully as it has. I imagine thats a pretty tough market to compete in.

Yes, very tough! Everybody thinks they're a writer! It's not something you want to do exclusively, that's for sure! I'm just fortunate it's been good for me so far! Very Happy

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: