FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Collins Funeral Home-CLOSED

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard

Isn't there anything that could be done with this old building located on Clio Road? What a shame to see such a beautiful building go to waste. Even if it was converted to a church (and I know you really do not need more of them in town) but at least the building would be in use similar to what was done at the old Groves Funeral Home downtown.
Just my thoughts and I'm sure there is more to it than that.
Richard
Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:31 pm 
cornholio
F L I N T O I D

Not sure, but I believe the problem with that is A) crapola neighborhood can't sustain the business, and B) vandalism and/or water damage has killed the building.

Sometimes I think the best thing for Flint would be a giant bulldozer. Divide the city into little grids and have at it. You know, instead of trying to preserve every piece of trash that someone has a sentimental story for, why not start over occasionally?

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:14 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

The Collins place is now in such a bad state of disrepairs it would cost a fortune to get it reopened. I know the neighborhood is crap but Moon Funeral Home is in an even worse area and he is dominating the black funeral trade. SCI should have sold to Moon when they had a chance.
Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:58 am 
Joe

the Neighborhood is too dark
Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: