FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Feed Back

Topic: How did you get the pictures

Author    Post Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

to show up above your advertisements from Google?
I like that. I'd like to do that to my website also.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 8:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I made a table the same size as the google ad.

Do a search for: google adsense tips and tricks , there is a lot of free information out there.

Hope it helps...

-=Steve Myers
Post Mon May 15, 2006 9:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Hey Steve sorry about the previous post I had. I'm a little paranoid about Google's rules. I defintaley haven't read all the rules over and over again like I definately should have. I remember hearing people in forums say you can't put certain content to close to Google ads or something where they could accidentally get clicked??? Once again sorry to offend you. I wasn't being mean I was just asking for clarification. Sorry
Post Mon May 22, 2006 1:06 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Is that legal under Google's guidelines? I am paranoid about offending the Google masters. lol

Adam F

Yes it is legal. Do a google search or spent a little time reachearching google.

I do not appreciate your comment. Twisted Evil
Post Mon May 22, 2006 1:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adam I am sorry!

This is way I should have handle it!

quote:
Adam
I would never every do any thing illegally!!

Google gods have said it is legal as long as the pictures do not:
1. Contain animation.
2. Contain arrows pointing at the ad.
3. Contain words that read click me or click here.

I hoped the make you feel better!
Thank you for you concern
-=Steve Myers

Last edited by Steve Myers on Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon May 22, 2006 1:34 pm 
Adam

Steve you are the Google master. I bow down before you. lol I think the thing I read one time is it's illegal to intentianally draw attention to your ads but I think I do remember about pictures being ok. I've heard pictures of people are good. Maybe I should find some models for my site. I haven't had the need to change my format. I still have to revamp my whole site. I'm also short on content. It's hard building a site on your own and subcontracting out to India doesn't work that well. You can pay a person in certain states and certain parts of Canada about the same as it costs to hire someone in India.
Post Mon May 22, 2006 10:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: