FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Bob Leonard Show

Topic: The Bob Leonard Show 27 November 2007

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

i sure hope this crap is not true....if i was the don, i would instantly rent
1 large advertising sign in each ward. i'd keep it updated with the amount
of money city council has lost/ cost flint. put every one of their names on them.

i am sick of certain members of city council. they are willing to waste
MORE money. this is disgusting... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil

Last edited by last time here on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:13 pm 
necroped
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like Bob might pull the plug if he has to send his show to Southfield. Sure hope that doesn't happen.

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:43 pm 
last time here

i sure hope your wrong necroped!!!!! thats the best "in the news" local
show in flint. theres gotta be a way to FORCE comcast!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing

like maybe, start a very public negotiation with some other cable
provider, or a massive public protest with signs and bullhorns!!!!!

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:24 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

LTH, first I think the City and Comcast need to take a look at the existing franchise agreement, and the Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Agreement mandated by the State, and get them resolved. I hope Buchanan as City Administrator will make this a top priority!

quote:
Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Agreement

On December 21, 2006, Governor Granholm signed legislation to promote competition in providing video service in the state of Michigan. This legislation is known as Public Act 480, or more commonly known as the “Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Act”. 2006 PA 480 creates a uniformed franchise agreement that is to be used between each franchising entity and video provider in the state of Michigan. The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) has been the designated agency to implement the Act.

Pursuant to Section 2(1) of the Act which states: “No later than 30 days from the effective date of this Act, the Commission shall issue an order establishing the standardized form for the uniform video service local franchise agreement to be used by each franchising entity in this state”, the Commission approved the standardized form on January 30, 2007.

See:
http://www.michigan.gov/mpsc/0,1607,7-159-16372_44800---,00.html
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:37 pm 
last time here

put a bug in his ear dbl.OH.......... Confused Confused Confused

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:01 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

OOSL2,

Thanks for providing the above link (Universal Franchise Agreement) for everyone. Remember our talk - the Producers association is looking beyond the city or help now. Taking a look at the existing franchise agreement and the state mandated Uniform Franchise Agreement might inform people (if they can even make heads or tails out of it), but will not get issues resolved. Going to Comcast main headquarters and especially writing your legislators is our main focus. Concerned people should go to the link below and help save public access in Flint!

----> www.SAVEACCESSFLINT.ORG

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

wheres bob been

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: